[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Siham is basically one or two steps away from being like his first age incarnation in terms of reckless desire to learn everything.

That would only end horribly.

For everyone.

@Arynne: Have you read LeGuin's "The Left Hand of Darkness"? It's one of my favorite books. If you ever have the opportunity to go hear her speak or doing a book reading, I highly recommend going. She's great.

I like Sparrowhawk's quote.

Kacie said:
One thing Malek could do is move all the farmers that Tirana has said she will kill if they aren't moved.
She's probably going to be accelerating her plans, and trying to breed as many of her children as she can.
That's rather trivial at this point. But thanks for the reminder, we surely don't want them to die.

Problem: moving farmers from all around to Mirunda

Solution: Organizing the armed convoy with the Bloom to back it up (plenty of harvest that can be done in Mirunda) with soldiers and provisions to make the farmers move and protect them.

Who: Rhapsody with Malek (to get the speed boost), or without: getting the farmers to move and join the convoy

"hey guys, Lookshy fell, if you want a safe place from the undead, go to Mirunda with us now and you and your children will have a chance at surviving what's coming" + spending some motes on the right charm

+

Someone with war: protecting the Convoy...

Risks: one of us stuck with the farmers for a loooong time.

Benefits: if we send a trainer with the farmers, he can turn some of them into war farmers + once we get them there, agriculture, finally !

While Cross-Mirunda have everything needed for the logistics (wagons and jade to buy stuff, ships to get them to Mirunda), I'm not sure Malek is the right person to see this through since he has other talents that could be of use in other fields.

His mobility and ability to sneak in & out, investigate and percieve things make him a great intel gatherer (10 more xp and I'm reading lips from 500 yards away at night).

The above + his affinity with people that can be turned into spies and sentinels and his capacity to train soldiers (10 more xp and I'm training saboteurs / spies / thieves... soon precious soon :D ) make him a great agent provocateur and troublemaker.

His networks, caste powers and abilities can be used to strengthen the lands (allying spirits and mortals and keeping the Confederation together).

Kalak is going to be holed up with Siham creating SCIENCE! And learning the methodology of magitech and genesis craft from Siham so we can split time and projects. The he can educate Siham on the finer points of architectural drafting and woodworking.

Also... as Argis said we should look for other exalts to help us, buying them as Allies to delegate that kind of stuff.

And now that I think about it, perhaps Melia (being a mini Malek n all) and Flicker's Delegate could handle the convoy.

Just had a thought.

Might be very worth the while of talking to Shihara (or whatever her name is, the beastwoman that's Tirana's diplomat to the Cross) and finding out what Tirana is doing, or what orders are flowing from Tirana. Wind Carried Words are probably flying back and forth right now between them.

I leave you up for half a day and I get myself FIVE PAGES of OOC to read! T_T

Meh...

Two notes about K:

1) She is a Primordial. Only Exalts can effectively harm her.

2) She provides Essence for Exalts: the few of them that ever bothered to ask a completely insignificant mantis about the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything tought that it was a bad idea to harm her.

3) She is neutrality incarnate, she is rather neutral towards her own safety and she must be *convinced* to use her Dodge DV.

4) She is closer to becoming a new Neverborn, but still far from there.

Ok, those were three.

Four.

Also.

You are worried about protecting K.

This is nice, but you may want to collect more information about her status before deciding.

Also, why are you assuming that you can't bring her body around?

The math of Creation may resent it, but you won't see the difference.

@cyl: Siham found out already that Agatha failed to have the Bloom settle in the Underworld proper, the thing frustrated her immensely.

And strictly speaking is "Shiana" with a single 'n'.

It probably sounds sluttier than I wanted. oO

@JayTee: BTW, did you knew that the Library and the Behemoth lie on a five dots Demesne your predecessor purchased and never used?

Oh yes, you may need to get rid of 4 square Km of metastatic behemoth, but that should not be big deal...

Maybe someone should tell you why every now and then the ground quakes badly but none really cares about it anymore.

Also, is that 9.52' of a guy laughing? oO

xarvh said:
Two notes about K:

1) She is a Primordial. Only Exalts can effectively harm her.

2) She provides Essence for Exalts: the few of them that ever bothered to ask a completely insignificant mantis about the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything tought that it was a bad idea to harm her.

3) She is neutrality incarnate, she is rather neutral towards her own safety and she must be *convinced* to use her Dodge DV.

4) She is closer to becoming a new Neverborn, but still far from there.
What happens if she dies?

Alternately, what happens if I shunt her in to Elsewhere?

xarvh said:
@JayTee: BTW, did you knew that the Library and the Behemoth lie on a five dots Demesne your predecessor purchased and never used?

Oh yes, you may need to get rid of 4 square Km of metastatic behemoth, but that should not be big deal...

Maybe someone should tell you why every now and then the ground quakes badly but none really cares about it anymore.

Also, is that 9.52' of a guy laughing? oO
I did not know of that Demesne. I might be able to move the Behemoth in to Elsewhere (along with anything else that looks at me crosseyed.) Depending on how we negotiate the terms of my Elsewhere folder that I plan on building sometime in the future.

Yes, that really is 9.52' of a guy laughing, although technically it's really just 3-4 seconds of several scenes on a loop.

@JayTee: I had the idea of using the meat-cancer as a food source! All we have to do is verify it doesn't poison people who eat it, and find a way to mass carve, smoke, and export it! :D

Some people thought this was icky. The Deathknight is totally convinced this is the equivalent of the universe's free lunch. I am sad she didn't get to chat with Siham about it; I suspect Siham and Mirror might get along rather well.

JayTee said:
What happens if she dies?
You get another Neverborn on your doorstep.

Likely a VERY indolent Neverborn, but still not pleasant.

JayTee said:
Alternately, what happens if I shunt her in to Elsewhere?
None knows.

You will have to try that, Sciency Boy.

But I like your attitude.

You may want to read up a bit about the Behemot.

It is a few million of tons of meat, occupying a whole Caldera, crushing its healthy vegetable parts that once were Agatha's University.

Yeah, let's negotiate your your Elsewhere folder.

Kacie said:
@JayTee: I had the idea of using the meat-cancer as a food source! All we have to do is verify it doesn't poison people who eat it, and find a way to mass carve, smoke, and export it! :D
Some people thought this was icky. The Deathknight is totally convinced this is the equivalent of the universe's free lunch. I am sad she didn't get to chat with Siham about it; I suspect Siham and Mirror might get along rather well.
Siham would have no objections to repurposing the cancer meat to something more productive.

xarvh said:
You get another Neverborn on your doorstep.
You may want to read up a bit about the Behemot.

It is a few million of tons of meat, occupying a whole Caldera, crushing its healthy vegetable parts that once were Agatha's University.

Yeah, let's negotiate your your Elsewhere folder.
The Elsewhere Folder is basically a series of magitech pillars that do one of three functions, depending on how you've set it and how much Essence you've crammed in to it. It either A: Expands the space between two points (for example, forcing you to walk ten miles in order to cross a distance of ten feet) B: Contracts the space between two points (letting you walk ten feet to cross ten miles) or C: Shove everything inside a circle of the pillars in to Elsewhere.

It's clearly a 5 dot artifact, so It'll be some time before I can make it, as I have to buy Wonder-Forging Genius twice, set up my magitech lab, draw up the blueprints and make sure I have all the resources.

I have it! The smoking method, that is:

Magma-Kraken cooked/smoked Behemoth (cancer) meat! Totally a sell on the market! We can even have the Magma Kraken do most of the heavy lifting, literally! :D

I'll stop now. Promise.

Kacie said:
I have it! The smoking method, that is:
Magma-Kraken cooked/smoked Behemoth (cancer) meat! Totally a sell on the market! We can even have the Magma Kraken do most of the heavy lifting, literally! :D

I'll stop now. Promise.
Your idea intrigues Siham, and he wishes to subscribe to your newsletter.

JayTee said:
The Elsewhere Folder is basically a series of magitech pillars that do one of three functions, depending on how you've set it and how much Essence you've crammed in to it. It either A: Expands the space between two points (for example, forcing you to walk ten miles in order to cross a distance of ten feet) B: Contracts the space between two points (letting you walk ten feet to cross ten miles) or C: Shove everything inside a circle of the pillars in to Elsewhere.
Interesting.

You may want CI to help you with the necessary Lorentz Transformation.

You should check the toroidal gravity-bending fate-escaping structure of the Library.

Kacie said:
@Arynne: Have you read LeGuin's "The Left Hand of Darkness"? It's one of my favorite books. If you ever have the opportunity to go hear her speak or doing a book reading, I highly recommend going. She's great.
I like Sparrowhawk's quote.
I have read pretty much everything she has ever written. :D

As the daughter of a legendary anthropologist, she always goes into enormous detail about the cultures her characters inhabit, and frequently the culture is the character, or the story. The Hunting, Blood and Planting Lodges were inspired by her writing, as were the Dragon King concepts of sacredness that Flicker describes to her students.

As I once lived in the Pacific Northwest, I had the privilege of hearing her speak at a local bookstore. It was wonderful.

At this point perhaps we need some kind of log / to do list thread pinned to the where we can identify priorities and stuff to be done by the Circle and keep track of what is left to do.

For instance in this current chapter we have:

- preventing the death of thousands farmers moving them elsewhere (either Cross or Mirunda)

- going to Fangs & Mirror to see what the hell is going on

- gathering field intel

- rebuilding Mirunda

- restoring the magitech lab

etc etc.

It's difficult sometimes to agree on what needs to be done in a group, but not on everything every time, and this way we'll have a better map / overview of the Circle's activities and priorities (ST including).

The game is getting more and more complex and I think it could be a useful tool.

Thoughts ?

Head count of who's doing what, based on what people have posted here:

Argis is gathering field intel and speaking to Fangs (WCW or in person TBD)

Flicker is headed back home to talk to her mentor

Sihan & Kalak are doing research & fixing the magitech lab

That leaves Rhapsody and Malek.

From Xarvh's post, Fangs and Mirror aren't necessarily in Empire Time yet, since they have stuff to talk/figure out IC before they know what they're doing. Their scene is 30min after fleeing, but they should be able to interact with Argis.

Siham and Kalak's actions as listed would fall under the projects. Well, I'm sure they could to crazy research stuffs that would be separate.. but still, they can do other epic stuffs than just workin' on the lab.

Argis would be arriving well after the current fangs/mirror scene.

We may change these plans since they were made before the essence incident, the crazy couple leaving (if you don't like the nickname I'll find another one ! ;) ) and the fall of Lookshy.

Without Fangs' cooperation, Argis's mobility and therefore his intel gathering skill are kinda reduced.

He still has the communication charm though.

I know Argis would be arriving later, but I'm wondering if those scenes can be ongoing at the same time or not.

I only gathered stuff people had posted after the essence interregnum. Flicker still wants to go see her master, Argis is still doing recon & such.

And Empire Time is posting your long sweeping actions, no? I'd think research falls under that, but Xarvh should clarify on that.

He's going to talk to Fangs before doing any wandering. For a number of reasons. The mobility thing is not a huge issue.

We declared intentions but apparently two weeks have passed.

Can we describe what we did within those two weeks first ?

I'm sure some will be extremely worried about K / Lookshy / Fangs.

Kacie said:
And Empire Time is posting your long sweeping actions, no? I'd think research falls under that, but Xarvh should clarify on that.
Yes and no. We decided to make the projects stuff because empire time got bogged down with large scale project stuff that we really didn't need to specify more than here is a thing that is ongoing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back