[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Just submitted the 2nd paper of my dissertation to my committee. Going to go pass out - then for IC.
Congratulations! Is that the last paper for your dissertation?

Kacie said:
Congratulations! Is that the last paper for your dissertation?
Yep, though now I have to write all the filler material that bundles the papers up into a coherent whole. But the end approaches.

Anyone interested in some accelerated MA training? Argis would love a sparing partner.

(for the ability, specialties, or charms)

edit: also, he could like.. use an arm if anyone sees one laying around..

Feantari said:
:D

Just an idea... we still have tons of Jade artifacts from Agatha... Siham could build you a psycho gun once the magitech lab is up and running... or I'm sure our friends in Autochtonia will have a solution for that ;)

Kacie said:
Less OOC, more IC!
;)
Well we had a thread once to handle planning and coordinating stuff, Realm Building 101 IIRC, it was made to avoid spamming the OOC thread.

I think it got moved somewhere somehow. As a result, now we (yeah okay, maybe just I & CI mainly) flood.

Now shit's changed drastically we might create a new one and call it World Rescuing 101 :D

Three questions: Who/what is "Big K"? Who/what is Tirana? Who/what is the Bloom?

So much catching up to do :(

"Big K" is Keyneya, the Primordial, Mother of Essence, and if one didn't know better, she wants to suicide by Deathknight. (Since most other Primordials took multiple celestial exalts multiple lives to inconvenience, instead of one 6mo exalted Deathknight, you see.) Keyneya is the little mantis-thing that Mirror went berserk on, thanks to Big K's dead "siblings" (the Neverborn) possessing her. According to a conversation she had with Argis, she is responsible for the basic idea of Exalted essence, and as found out the hard way, if she's gone, so too are everyone's peripheral essence pools. Everyone's but those aligned with Death, as Lookshy found out the hard way.

Tirana is an elder Lunar, who is very powerful, has a huge Wood Manse and is the closest established power near the Cross. Only Fangs is aware that Tirana ate her solar mate, in order to gain more power to do things like splice the purest dragonblood lines into her beastmen. (Her beastmen have purer blood than Argis, which disturbs pretty much everybody, including the Deathknight, if the Deathknight had ever known about that.) Tirana has a dim view of all the PC exalted except for Fangs. She also wants her Manse hidden - thus was very pissed when Mirror was led right to the edge of it. (Never mind she's very close to a Deathlord's shadowrealm...) The Cross has been trading with her for food.

The Bloom is a fungal creation of the First Age solar Agatha, and Siham has her exalted Shard. The Bloom "eats" necro-essence, growing when exposed to it - it closes shadowlands, and when it is mature, causes ghosts and other Undead that use essence in its presence to spontaneously implode. It is also capable of infecting Deathknights, growing on them and sapping their essence pools; Fangs's mate, Walker on Black Sands (aka Berek) died due to the infection (and staying to fight the Dragonkings of Ankss when he should have retreated due to low essence due to the Bloom). The Bloom is why Mirror is walking around in power armor, as will be every other deathknight who comes knocking and has access to a suit.

EDIT: I totally know what you mean. I spent most of my Thanksgiving break catching up. :confused:

Kacie said:
The Bloom is a fungal creation of the First Age solar Agatha, and Siham has her exalted Shard. The Bloom "eats" necro-essence, growing when exposed to it - it closes shadowlands, and when it is mature, causes ghosts and other Undead that use essence in its presence to spontaneously implode. It is also capable of infecting Deathknights, growing on them and sapping their essence pools; Fangs's mate, Walker on Black Sands (aka Berek) died due to the infection (and staying to fight the Dragonkings of Ankss when he should have retreated due to low essence due to the Bloom). The Bloom is why Mirror is walking around in power armor, as will be every other deathknight who comes knocking and has access to a suit.
hehehhehehe... Ahahahahahahaha AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ahem.

I'm glad to see my past life and I have such.... compatible ideas.

Apparently she wanted to use it to conquer and settle the Underworld.

Because there's no way that would have gone poorly! ;)

Compared to the Underworld trying to conquer and settle us, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Nah, they're both bad ideas. The two aren't supposed to mix.

Besides, you can't just paper over the Neverborn with some grass and a few cities. Just ask Mirror, who found that out the hard way! *sigh*

Kacie said:
Apparently she wanted to use it to conquer and settle the Underworld.
Because there's no way that would have gone poorly! ;)
I wonder... what happens if you take the Bloom in the Underworld ? and to the Labyrinth ? We should leave at least one door open to the Underworld to see what it does.

The NB wants to die... I have a little friend who's dying to recycle them ! :P

Arynne said:
Compared to the Underworld trying to conquer and settle us, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea.
Yeah at one point we're going to have to do something about it... the sooner the better.

Kacie said:
Nah, they're both bad ideas. The two aren't supposed to mix.
Besides, you can't just paper over the Neverborn with some grass and a few cities. Just ask Mirror, who found that out the hard way! *sigh*
Exactly, but what if you take use a fungus that eats death essence and take it inside the underworld ?

It should spread and dissolve pretty much everything since everything is made out of death essence there.

Go ahead and give it a go - hilariously, Mirror thought using the Bloom on Lookshy was a good idea, while Fangs didn't.

JayTee said:
Dont worry. Give me a month and some XP and I'll make you a better version of The Bloom.
There's only two things we need to do to improve it: make sure that there are no side effects / make it grow & spread faster !

On taking the Bloom inside the Underworld.

We could stop patching up Creation and seriously hurt the undead if that were to happen...

But first we would have to get the Notes back (for the new guys: the secrets of the Bloom were stolen from us by agents of Walker in the Darkness, and are in position of a somehow rogue Deathknight called the Widow) and possibly get rid of the Widow / ensure her loyalty.

Kacie said:
Go ahead and give it a go - hilariously, Mirror thought using the Bloom on Lookshy was a good idea, while Fangs didn't.
Then if the Bloom was a solution to the NB problem... and on the condition that it doesn't mean millions of souls being eaten by the fungus Mirror would agree to use it, yes ?

If so... well... take it to the Labyrinth already !!! :D

cyl said:
There's only two things we need to do to improve it: make sure that there are no side effects / make it grow & spread faster !
And make it useable on the Deathlords/Neverborn.

Because that wont have fascinating consequences to study ;)

It already dissolved a nemissary within seconds when it had bloomed all over Mirunda, so at full growth and in a large area, I guess it would seriously hurt an unprotected Deathlord.

Thing is Walker already built an 5dot artifact to protect himself from it, others may do it as well.

But if we put it inside the Underworld, it's going to bloom and bloom and eat and bloom and eat and bloom and soon there should not be much left to eat aside from the NB.

I think Agatha realized that it was too "dangerous" because her crazy project was to dominate the Underworld, not destroy it, and did not use it...

If both of those were true, then yes, she'd be fine with that.

I really doubt the Neverborn will be affected by the Bloom. I don't know that for a fact, so that's not a good reason to not experiment.

However, the Bloom is likely to totally destroy the two most important Cities of the Dead -- Stygia and Sijan. Both are neutral cities, unaligned with a Deathlord, and belonging to Ghosts that do not have ill designs on Creation. The Bloom may just kick the ghosts into lethe, but from the ghost's point of view, that's killing them, as their identity ceases to exist. That fails this condition:

condition that it doesn't mean millions of souls being eaten by the fungus
Or it does from Mirror's point of view.

That's one of the interesting points of death vs. rebirth in Exalted; rebirth gives the soul a new start, but nothing of the old identity carries over. Staying a ghost preserves your identity, your sense of self, but you're not living. --not a huge problem, for the most part, especially if ghost-blooded is a Thing they can do.

So do you prize your sense of self, or giving your soul to someone else so they can take a spin on the wheel? If murder is an evil act, is that because it takes a life? Doesn't make sense if it's because someone died, so to speak, because the soul will be reborn. It's because that specific person, with their own individuality and spark of personality is gone, lost, irrecoverable. Unless of course they become a ghost - in which case they're mostly still around.

And if they're in Onyx, likely they're getting promoted! (As you have to be dead to rise above a certain pay-grade.)

I think I have a few ideas on how my newer, better Bloom will solve all these pesky ethical problems with nuking the underworld with super-fungus.

Hint: The Neverborn will appreciate the irony. Or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back