[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Slavery is Not a Good Thing. However, even Flicker sees the logistics problems of trying to declare war on every nation that owns slaves..

You of course realize the logical extension of this Cyl is there exists a possibility that Fangs is going to talk Malek and Rhapsody into the front lines?

WlfSamurai said:
:eek:
Rhapsody and Argis just weren't meant to be together...

;)
Argis's view of things has shifted quite a bit since joining up with this group. His slave is basically a gentleman's gentleman that takes care of his house in Nexus. At the time, he would have thought it strange *not* to have a slave. :-P

Feantari said:
Argis's view of things has shifted quite a bit since joining up with this group. His slave is basically a gentleman's gentleman that takes care of his house in Nexus. At the time, he would have thought it strange *not* to have a slave. :-P
Cunning Fangs gives Argis a fair amount of slack for coming from the Realm and not being a complete and utter bastard.

CrazyIvan said:
You of course realize the logical extension of this Cyl is there exists a possibility that Fangs is going to talk Malek and Rhapsody into the front lines?
There is always that possibility, however slim that may be. :D

If Rhapsody learns the DKs are keeping slaves, what will her view on them be? Likewise, how about the other PCs?

Walker's solution was probably the best -- help the slaves to run away. Now if only he hadn't also started stealing eggs too...

She would have to have a long discussion with them. If they turn out to be bloodthirsty jerks, yeah, she'd be upset. But perhaps they can be convinced or bargained with.

From reading the scenes with the DKs, it appeared to me that they had slaves because:

1) They always had mammal slaves (rejected the changes the US made that favored mortals above DKs)

2) They relied on the slave labor to care for their young and do other menial tasks.

My impression was that they couldn't do without their slaves; if all their slaves ran away, they'd be forced to take more slaves, move, or otherwise have their way of life collapse.

And that's a problem - their way of life depends on human slaves.

Arynne, does that line up with what you remember?

How would Rhapsody feel if the DKs were forcibly removed to Flicker's mentor's colony of DKs & humans? (The DKs & humans live in peace, there).

The human "slaves" are completely unskilled and are there mostly to be sacrificed to the US, otherwise the DKs are decently independent.

Anyway.

This is a big matter.

While I understand that you guys are all fired up, we are already in the middle of some heavy debating on more pressing matters.

Why don't you leave Ankss aside at least until you resolve the current IC thread?

They aren't going anywhere and you have already plenty of issues on which to stall.

xarvh said:
The human "slaves" are completely unskilled and are there mostly to be sacrificed to the US, otherwise the DKs are decently independent.
Anyway.

This is a big matter.

While I understand that you guys are all fired up, we are already in the middle of some heavy debating on more pressing matters.

Why don't you leave Ankss aside at least until you resolve the current IC thread?

They aren't going anywhere and you have already plenty of issues on which to stall.
Agreed. I'd like to take it as it comes.

xarvh said:
Anyway.

This is a big matter.

The problem being, as Kacie noted IC, Mirror is nigh useless for solving most of the problems we've settled on fixing, and Fangs' role is accomplished with a testy letter to Tirana.

The two principle actors in destroying Ankss are thus twiddling their thumbs.

It can wait until later, of course, but it's a major goal for both Mirror and Fangs, and one for which I don't really think either one of them has a credible reason to wait.

Kacie said:
From reading the scenes with the DKs, it appeared to me that they had slaves because:
1) They always had mammal slaves (rejected the changes the US made that favored mortals above DKs)

2) They relied on the slave labor to care for their young and do other menial tasks.

My impression was that they couldn't do without their slaves; if all their slaves ran away, they'd be forced to take more slaves, move, or otherwise have their way of life collapse.

And that's a problem - their way of life depends on human slaves.

Arynne, does that line up with what you remember?
Well, so do most major cities pretty much all over Creation... should we burn them to the ground too ?

If so, there's always Great Forks nearby you know...

Plus they are not slaves, they are basically being herded. The DKs treat them like cattle, which is not good, but does not mean we have to destroy them.

I will soon have charms to change that sort of things and mold societies to what has been seen as fit.

cyl said:
Well, so do most major cities pretty much all over Creation... should we burn them to the ground too ?
If so, there's always Great Forks nearby you know...

Plus they are not slaves, they are basically being herded. The DKs treat them like cattle, which is not good, but does not mean we have to destroy them.

I will soon have charms to change that sort of things and mold societies to what has been seen as fit.
Oh, they use them as livestock. Well then, that's totally better.

CrazyIvan said:
The problem being, as Kacie noted IC, Mirror is nigh useless for solving most of the problems we've settled on fixing, and Fangs' role is accomplished with a testy letter to Tirana.
The two principle actors in destroying Ankss are thus twiddling their thumbs.

It can wait until later, of course, but it's a major goal for both Mirror and Fangs, and one for which I don't really think either one of them has a credible reason to wait.
Either way you guys want to do it. But, there are pressing concerns that are keeping other people who would like to be involved in the Ankss stuff from being able to join you. For that reason maybe wait?

Argis still wants to go off and figure out what is up with the Bloom related rumors and recon the situation in Nexus and Lookshy. You guys would both be welcome and useful for that stuff. Plus we could set an awesome trap for Legion if we wanted to.

They do not eat them (at least I don't think they do), they just handle them like they would cattle (dumb, fed and parked) and sometimes they sacrifice one or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back