[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Sorry guys, Something has come up for tonight and can't post. I'll try for tomorrow morning. If not, for sure tomorrow night. I'll be keeping an eye on the threads though.

Crazy Ivan, can Cunning Fangs cast the flying chariot, then sever the threads and give the spell to Argis to control? That would give Argis fast transport to Great Forks, but without her having to go along.

Doesn't help him get home, but could arrange a pickup or something, maybe?

Or give him a flying Agata demon?

Ah. I gotcha.

Currently, the Cross has about 900 trained soldiers, mostly Regular level troops, or in game terms a Magnitude 6 force. She can transfer a couple hundred to Mirunda without significantly affecting our battle-readiness (which translated, means it'll still be Magnitude 6). She can also choose one of the 100 or so Elite commandos and enlighten him or her, giving the Mirundan garrison a heroic commander.

Depending on how much time she has, she can improve the garrison still further.

For getting home there is always the potential for buying a ship and baiting a trap for legion, that is, assuming we aren't all converging on Lookshy at that point.

Kacie said:
Crazy Ivan, can Cunning Fangs cast the flying chariot, then sever the threads and give the spell to Argis to control? That would give Argis fast transport to Great Forks, but without her having to go along.
Doesn't help him get home, but could arrange a pickup or something, maybe?

Or give him a flying Agata demon?
An Agata is probably the easiest way to handle transport sans Fangs.

CrazyIvan said:
I'm down for almost anything, but Cunning Fangs is coming along on the DK visit. She has plans involving fire and screaming and unspeakable things stalking the darkness.
I approve. Destroy my killers!

Okey-dokey. I'll give cyl's plan a try.

Now I just have to figure out which of my original students is worthy of being breveted to enlightened mortal status.

If Xarvh & Arynne allow it , I'd like Malek to tag along with Flicker in her scene (since I ride pretty fast I can easily catch up) and handle the diplomacy with Rhapsody.

Uh ho... I knew I forgot something... the villagers to be moved to make room for Tirana's sons and daughters... :rolleyes:

Sure, but that means we need to split which is not safe.

OR...

Flicker trains her Delegate

Flicker & Malek go handle the farmers and start moving them

The Delegate leads the workers and soldiers on the path to Mirunda

Everyone meets at one point (we'll handle the itinerary and departures to make the two groups meet ASAP)

Do we have an approximative number of farmers to be moved ?

Don't forget Rhapsody. She has war and MA and can lead the other group.

Also Kalak is a combat beast so.. there's that. :o

It might be better to send Rhapsody with Malek, then. If they're living next-door to hostile Lunars, a visibly tattooed specimen would not reassure them they're not going to be eaten.

So, do you guys really want to do the Berek thing rather than travel about?

Argis could solo scene it up again for the travels, but doing stuff with people would be more interesting. Or, he could stay, maybe his sifu would come to him? Malek could ride the news to zenjo in person and then rejoin the people moving.

etc, etc.. I feel like draging fangs and mirror all over when they have this big unfinished thing is maybe a bit awkward?

Argis can help in Flicker's place and that way she could do the dino stuffs?

As I've pointed out, it may be possible that the couple attacking Ankss might have some seriously undesirable repercussions.

I'm going to defer to Arynne and Crazy Ivan. I'm all hot-to-trot (and everyone knows I am, sorry, trying to tone it down), but Arynne and Crazy Ivan have their own stuff they want to do, too. If they want to do other stuff, then Mirror will go along with Argis, and we'll have a good road trip out of it. ;)

Whatever we decide, our messenger folks should have a summoned Agata wasp - they're super useful, and far faster than a horse. (and can actually carry Mirror in armor, unlike a horse)

@Cyl -- attacking Ankss may well have bad stuff fall out. However, there is some really good stuff that can come out of it as well. ...and from what you posted, it's completely unclear what Widow's connection to Ankss is. I'd worry more about the fact that no move has been made to steal the Ring for the Widow, which I believe was sealed under an Oath. No timeline on getting it, but were I her, I'd be antsy to get that ring. Who knows? She might be dead already for not having the Ring.

It's not that Widow's connection is actually unclear, it is that I do not remember it. :D

The hippo lady knew the place, she took us there, and the Widow apparently spent some time there IIRC.

They left her live there for weeks and kicked us out.

No efforts have been made because we were not sure we wanted to give her the Ring.

The Notes were "safe" and we did not think the Legion would come back after Berek shot her... but she became even more a PITA.

The Widow never came back to Cross or contacted us to press us.

We might sent a IM to her to get the location of the Ring and then proceed to finally snatch it and get the Notes back for Kalak.

@Cyl -- attacking Ankss may well have bad stuff fall out. However, there is some really good stuff that can come out of it as well...
Define really good stuff.

And they went from "not happy, but civil" to "how-dare-you furious" the moment we mentioned the Widow...

I'm all for the mentioned plans. Most of Kalak's bits are Cross centered for now.

Not sure how I equate to combat monster. I suppose I could be once I get e few charms up and running.

@Norts: You have VBoS completed or near there.

That's as combat monster as you can get without being the Dusk grand-weaponed lady in power armor. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back