[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

If you like I can provide my own ideas on what the manse and sword were to do. Or perhaps our ST would prefer I talk to him instead.

If you like I can provide my own ideas on what the manse and sword were to do. Or perhaps our ST would prefer I talk to him instead.
I'd prefer to have Xarvh work it out, and perhaps be in on the consulting myself, since we're going different places with the character arc. Thanks, though.

Kacie said:
Hope you like Blight then, because I'm not sitting out the epic combat in defense of Lookshy. And I'm certainly not babysitting the Cross while everyone else goes off to fight.
I'd rather we have that discussion IC, I'm sure interesting points will fly over the room.

OOC I am not opposed to it at all it would be a shame to deprive you of such awesomeness, but IC Malek will be (I was pointing that out from my character's perspective, sorry for being misleading) because he has seen the results of minor and major transgressions... and it was... not good at all, even for him.

Kacie said:
Crazy Ivan, what's the effect of the spell on Mirror and Cunning Fangs? I can write a better reply after I know what the Flight of the Brilliant Raptor Flame Bath does. ;)
Since I don't know it will work, this might be a "wait for Xarvh" thing.

Successfully severing the link means Fangs *shouldn't* take the rather nasty initial hit and knockdown. But after it strikes, it burns a three yard area with four levels of lethal damage (trauma 3) and everything catches fire. Plus 1L/tick.

Basically, we need to get out, now, but the Bloom should be taken care of for a bit.

OOC I am not opposed to it at all it would be a shame to deprive you of such awesomeness, but IC Malek will be (I was pointing that out from my character's perspective, sorry for being misleading) because he has seen the results of minor and major transgressions... and it was... not good at all, even for him.
Please denote if you're talking IC or OOC -- I read that post I quoted initially as an OOC statement, and was not happy.

This can be brought up IC, but I'm really going to put my foot down on getting to come. Malek complaining about 1 deathknight's resonance when the opposition is fielding multiple deathknights, legions of war ghosts & greater necro-tech abominations, and the fucking Juggernaut itself? Should be patently obvious that:

1) resonance or not, Lookshy needs all the help it can get, and

2) Mirror's resonance is a tiny drop in the bucket, not worth worrying about next to everything the other side is doing. Orders of magnitude of difference, there.

Successfully severing the link means Fangs *shouldn't* take the rather nasty initial hit and knockdown. But after it strikes, it burns a three yard area with four levels of lethal damage (trauma 3) and everything catches fire. Plus 1L/tick.
Basically, we need to get out, now, but the Bloom should be taken care of for a bit.
Mirror's armor has hardness 9L, and 12A soak. I think this means she takes ping if she takes anything?

Doesn't matter, because she *really* doesn't want a crispy-fried Mate!

Kacie said:
Mirror's armor has hardness 9L, and 12A soak. I think this means she takes ping if she takes anything?

Doesn't matter, because she *really* doesn't want a crispy-fried Mate!
Yeah, its Fangs thats the problem. Her combat capabilities are...significantly less than Mirrors.

Please denote if you're talking IC or OOC -- I read that as an OOC statement, and was not happy.
I am really sorry for the confusion, I'm a bit overworked these days (so much work and preparing my definitive return to France in a month) and I rush a bit when posting.

I have fully realized that I need to take more time to avoid confusion and making you guys uncomfortable.

I'd rather we have this discussion IC, because Malek had a friendly relationship with Walker and I want to use that.

But I'll just say this... if her armor is breached in the field and the Bloom is nearby (and I'm not speaking of just tactical deployment, we all carry spores on us all the time)... she will risk contamination.

Considering the context of Walker's death, is she willling to take such a risk ?

While we're busy discussing it - Virtuous Guardian doesn't keep the Bloom off Fangs because she's not being attacked. Would it keep the Bloom off a DK?

Dudes, could you like.. use your spell to clear the area while wearing say the fire dragon armor and then cleanse Fangs in a much slower/less explody fashion? (Also what if it is in your lungs :eek:)

edit: seems like you already got it resloved, nm

also silurian absorption is made of win ^_^

Feantari said:
Dudes, could you like.. use your spell to clear the area while wearing say the fire dragon armor and then cleanse Fangs in a much slower/less explody fashion? (Also what if it is in your lungs :eek:)
edit: seems like you already got it resloved, nm

also silurian absorption is made of win ^_^
Yeah - the absorption charms really are quite spectacular. Wearing the Fire Dragon armor might work, but Fangs is literally trying to rid herself and the surrounding environment of the Bloom. She might have a permanent plan for a clean-room, but it will take some time.

Have I mentioned how much Fangs hates the frakking Bloom?

What is Silurian Absorption? I confess I've never played a 2nd ed ... well, actually, I've never played a lunar. They're the only major Exalt type I haven't played, 1st or 2nd ed. (And my DB was back in 1st ed, so I'm usually lost on their 2nd ed charms. Bah. )

Cyl, best of luck getting ready to move! It's a total pain to move, even when not moving to a different country. :( Where are you currently living?

'd rather we have this discussion IC, because Malek had a friendly relationship with Walker and I want to use that.
But I'll just say this... if her armor is breached in the field and the Bloom is nearby (and I'm not speaking of just tactical deployment, we all carry spores on us all the time)... she will risk contamination.

Considering the context of Walker's death, is she willling to take such a risk ?
IC discussion will be fine.

And yes, Mirror is willing to risk armor breach. She's from Lookshy, as everyone guessed - but not going to say that due to Resonance for acknowledging her previous life.

But really, the only difference between Lookshy and the Cross is that she's more likely to have her armor breached when wading into a full on war. If her armor is breached in the Cross, she'll be contaminated.

She risks her life just by coming to the Cross. She's fully aware of that.

@ Xarvh -- do you want to handle the spell going off in the scene "House of Smoke & Silver" or should Crazy Ivan and I roleplay through it? Looks like Fangs is definitely going to take damage - yay for being a regenerating Lunar?

Kacie said:
What is Silurian Absorption? I confess I've never played a 2nd ed ... well, actually, I've never played a lunar. They're the only major Exalt type I haven't played, 1st or 2nd ed. (And my DB was back in 1st ed, so I'm usually lost on their 2nd ed charms. Bah. )
There are three absorption charms - Silurian, Devonian and the Salinan Absorbtion. You can take one of them as a sorcerer, and they let you mess with Sorcery in different ways, depending on your philosophical approach to how sorcery works.

For example, the Devonian Absorption presupposes magic is essentially physics - something that can be logiced out, verified by experimentation, etc. This makes them quite good at the research and development aspects of sorcery. The Salinan types are more of the "Magic = The Force", and the charm helps draw things from the environment - for example, they can Countermagic any unnatural mental influence, or literally pull information out thin air.

Cunning Fangs is a Silurian sorcerer. Her means of interacting with sorcery is via a set of arbitrary symbols - a grammar essentially, or in her case a series of conceptual laws that applies to everything in Creation. Which means her charm makes her good at actually reshifting the nature of spells themselves.

Cyl, best of luck getting ready to move! It's a total pain to move, even when not moving to a different country. :( Where are you currently living?
French guy living in Peru for the last 5 years.

France is home, so it won't be hard to settle (aah the challenge of finding a job in Europe...) but packing and getting my most awesome and cute beagle to travel with me is a pain in the ass though.

Also, if Midboss was lamenting the complexity of the game, the current IC has probably been the end of him here.
We may start thinking about someone else to play Siham (with a fair degree of freedom to modify the character).

I am open for your recommendation.
Xarvh, in light of this, I can edit my last IC post to not bring up the missing Siham if that makes things easier. Would you like me to do that?

CI: Tirana taught you 3 celestial spells.

The rest come from the Library

Norts: you are welcome to put your aesthetics on it.

I tried to follow your notes, but Berek's legacy is still yours.

@Kacie: yes lemme handle the spell

A bit overwhorked and struggling to follow all your posts

@Feantari: no, but since many are referring to him and he does not show up, he's not even reading the threads.

While I am open to consider that he may have legitimate reasons, I am counting him as "quitter without notice".

And yes, Mirror is willing to risk armor breach. She's from Lookshy, as everyone guessed - but not going to say that due to Resonance for acknowledging her previous life.

But really, the only difference between Lookshy and the Cross is that she's more likely to have her armor breached when wading into a full on war. If her armor is breached in the Cross, she'll be contaminated.

She risks her life just by coming to the Cross. She's fully aware of that.
Part of the reason Malek has suggested to take her away from Cross.

There are two challenges / handicaps with this character: Resonance and the Bloom.

2 very good reasons to put as much distance between her, Cross, Mirunda, and a fight nearby anyone exposed, which is the same as saying that she should be quarantined in total isolation.

I'm sure we can figure out ways to "use" Mirror in a less "risky" environment (Malek andFlicker have been dreaming of going to Rathess for some time now...)

Kalak may work on a decontamination process on his own, possibly more easily if we get those notes back from the Widow in exchange for the ring.

Also, let's not forget that "cursed Bloom" situation, we seriously need to look into that.

cyl said:
Also, let's not forget that "cursed Bloom" situation, we seriously need to look into that.
Hence Argis wanting to sail down the river and talk with his sifu, among other things.

Faster yes, but it wouldn't work nearly as well for setting up other things. Unless you want to buy another boat/crew and haul x number of bloom weapons via spell or horse. (though to be fair we don't have those yet so more like a bloom sample in a jar or something)

Xarvh and I had several long discussions about the ramifications of the Bloom (and resonance is a given when playing a Deathknight anyway).

Mirror is aware of the risks and has chosen to take them; after all, this is Exalted, where soldiering on despite the danger is what you do. Argis is still holding his own despite the loss of a limb. Berek was allowed to stay in the Cross and attempt to help where he could.

Let me worry about Mirror and the Bloom. Mirror has some control over her Resonance, and I her player have complete control as long as she bleeds it off before it hits 10. Malek can try to worry about it IC, but Mirror will point out that they need her fighting prowess, and everything else she can bring to bear for them.

Oooooooooh... a boat full of Bloom spores... now THAT sounds like something that will attract the Legion's attention.

That part was supposed to be covert. :-P The return trip was for the trap. But if we think the whole trip will be a target then meybe we'd better think about more than just Argis going. Or bringing along some troops or demons or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back