[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

The problem was that if we have Malek and Argis gone the only commander we have is the one that everyone will be completely freaked out by and Rhapsody has told to stay away from people... :-P Plus I sorta figured Mirror might have some good Lookshayan insight. ;-)

@ Feantari: Cool! :) If Xarvh lets you, you should describe what it looks like 'n' such. (I can if you don't feel like it, but it is going to be Argis's bow!)

The slowest thing we're waiting on is getting the Bloom ready to deploy. That's probably going to take long enough that Flicker has time to raise her Essence.

Raising her essence is one of the best things Flicker can do to prepare for war. More motes and expanded abilities = living longer on the battle field. Especially against Deathknights, who tend to have lots of bad-touch effects (and hence you will need perfect defenses to avoid).

I really want to raise Mirror's essence to 4 before going to war. That's a 2-dot project. The good news is that I don't have to go off into the wilderness to meditate. The bad news is that nobody wants to leave the deathknight as the warlord in charge of the Cross.

You'll find out pretty quick that the game doesn't really wait for you to be prepared. :-P See: running into a combat focused DK when you're all emo and just got your arm exploded xD

@Kacie: no need. Just copy the basic structure of Arynne's Project.

@Feantari: Argis is not going to use a bow with a single arm, bar some extremely undignified stunt.

Remember that Rhapsody favs War and can be a warlord.

Also yes, I won't consider your posts in the looong ticks thread until all have posted, so feel free to edit.

Also also, Arynne has gone already through her Essence training, so for me she can already use that 4th dot.

Feantari said:
You'll find out pretty quick that the game doesn't really wait for you to be prepared. :-P See: running into a combat focused DK when you're all emo and just got your arm exploded xD
My point precisely... and we're running into Juggernaut. :eek:

For the first week following Feantari's good points I'd see:

Recon (short term): Fangs takes Malek / Argis / Mirror to Lookshy.

We observe what is going on from a "safe distance", Malek & Fangs can be more sneaky and get closer.

Funky / stoopeed suggestion: protected by the Ring of Being, Malek & Mirror go directly see Mask under an open sky (see why below)or the one in charge and threaten to deploy the Bloom the next day if Juggernaut doesn't pull back right now. (the threat may not be immediate, but he will lost any advantage he got very rapidly and he's most likely to loose Juggernaut over time).

If things go south, Malek is immune to powers of the dead, and cloak of vanishing escapes them 3 miles in sight away from there where Fangs & Argis are ready for them and they all GTFO !

EDIT: we can also use our time here to contact the Lookshyans and see how / if we can help them in any way.

After that, the group gets to Great Forks and Mirror and Fangs can leave Malek and Argis to investigate on the Killing Bloom OR they stay with him and Malek goes home to work on the spirit courts.

Investigation (short term) : Argis + X (some survival & investigation will be required) get to the bottom of these rumors and inform the Circle of their progresses. I do not believe these rumors to be true, I think it's just a hoax meant for us to go "ooooh seee, the Bloom is so dangerous, we can't use it !", but better safe than sorry.

Once we get the results of those two we can plan our next moves.

Meanwhile back in Cross they'll already have started to work on

Weaponizing the Bloom (medium / long term): Kalak + Rhapsody + X (heavy on the medicine side) work on this thing (possibly accompanied by Fangs first thing first before we even go to Lookshy) and we get serious results and an idea as to how we can use it as a weapon and if it is safe to do so.

Later on we will need some tacticians to work on that also.

And

Securing the important sites:

Cross - Big K - the Library - Mirunda (they've got the Bloom there to protect them but it doesn't shield them from a deathknight's blade, they'll need men and most likely one badass exalt), we can fix that with

- Fangs and demons (over time)

- negotiating with spirits (Malek and or Rhapsody)

I estimate a week and a haf ltops to do the Recon & Investigation (but I'm optimistic).

Once we have enough information to understand the situation and see what needs to be done, we'll decide who does what with who and how.

Obviously, Cunning Fangs cooperation is paramount to a speedy resolution. But since Malek presents points in favor of watching, observing and understanding what is going on, and not taking rash actions, perhaps she will be on board with this.

xarvh said:
@Feantari: Argis is not going to use a bow with a single arm, bar some extremely undignified stunt.
Indeed, this was to say that Argis would be willing to pay XP for such a bow should he ever have a functional arm. Setting up like that such that a single artifact is specified rather than multiple dots being wasted on bows. So we're trying to say there is a bow like that in the pile of artifacts, Mirror would be able to pick it up and use it until she recovers Berek's bow. At some point in the future if Argis could use it he would pick it up and pay xps for it.

Cyl, I understand you/Malek don't think that there is any truth to the rumors that Argis mentioned, but Argis has a great deal of respect for his sifu and a very strong motivation to make sure something like Mirror describes didn't/doesn't happen or spread.

One other method of transportation would be for Argis to go talk to Cunning Fangs about Ith... maybe he'd be up for a trip?

Raising her essence is one of the best things Flicker can do to prepare for war. More motes and expanded abilities = living longer on the battle field. Especially against Deathknights, who tend to have lots of bad-touch effects (and hence you will need perfect defenses to avoid)
Precisely my thought.

Argis is not going to use a bow with a single arm, bar some extremely undignified stunt
*whistles innocently, tosses atlatl from hand to hand*

Also also, Arynne has gone already through her Essence training, so for me she can already use that 4th dot.
Wait...that took place before "Plans for the Summer"? So I need to edit?

I'm guessing here, but if projects are separate from normal game flow and used to handle large long term things then we maybe don't need to be worried about the two sets interacting outside of the one creating projects posts?

Correct me if I'm wrong Xarvh but I think Projects being long term n all, they are just "declaration of intention / stuff that will happen in the future".

We don't count the days for them. They just happen because we are exalts and we are just to awesome to be stopped on petty things like census or restoring stuff, or meditating.

Cyl, I understand you/Malek don't think that there is any truth to the rumors that Argis mentioned, but Argis has a great deal of respect for his sifu and a very strong motivation to make sure something like Mirror describes didn't/doesn't happen or spread.
As Malek & I said... we need to make sure that they are just rumors.

There is still a chance that the notes have been taken back by Walker or another, or that is just the Widow using them to push us forward into giving her the Ring.

Arynne said:
Wait...that took place before "Plans for the Summer"? So I need to edit?
Entirely up to you.

With the conclusion of the Project, on my part you have fulfilled all the requirements for your dot.

(In fact I was kinda confused as why Flicker was abandoning everyone).

@cyl: Not really.

When you add the last required Project Post, the Project IS COMPLETED.

As a side note, I will NOT allow you to bring your unused project posts beyond the end of each Chapter.

xarvh said:
As a side note, I will NOT allow you to bring your unused project posts beyond the end of each Chapter.
Along these lines it looks like Cunning Fangs has 2 project posts and Malek has 1 project post left to use. (Plus Siham's 2?)

xarvh said:
Incidentally, Cunning Fangs could fix Argis with Imbue Amalgam. I've been avoiding it as a spell because it's hideously abusable, but that's a less absurd use for it.

CrazyIvan said:
Incidentally, Cunning Fangs could fix Argis with Imbue Amalgam. I've been avoiding it as a spell because it's hideously abusable, but that's a less absurd use for it.
Doesn't work on those with an active essence pool.

Between Cunning Fangs, Malek and now Flicker, we have quite a few ways of creating enlightened mortal heroes. This is something we need to start thinking about.

Accounting of what we have hashed out so far:

• Zenjo's losses
    communicate what happened and make a gesture of appreciation/repayment

[*]Tirana's demands

• Cunning Fangs will assemble a response

[*]Securing Big K and the labs

• negotiating with spirits/gods for security, demon(s) for the lab as a fall back

[*]Mirunda and its new inhabitants

• impression thus far is to let them settle there and help out, maybe move some people from cross to mirunda?

Other things that have been mentioned:

• Juggernaut: under discussion
  • getting rid of the Legion
  • food production in Cross
  • getting back that lost tome
  • equipping our community with the tools they need to work and defend themselves to make them truly independent
  • Building ties with the autobots

Obvs we may not be able to do something about everything on the list, esp in the upcoming time frame

Another idea is that you just see what the priorities are, address those and re-assess the situation afterwards, when hopefully you have more info.

You have two trainers to help compensate Zenjo for his losses. Also, just possibly, a loan of some of the Cross's own soldiers? I think we can spare a scale or two for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back