[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Well for that I think asking Fangs reeaaaaally politely (and possibly making a Puss in Boots stare) would save everyone some time.

And yeah, if you need Jade, Malek provides.

Let him worry about the finances.

Ok. Um...tell you what, maybe i'll just pm you xarvh and/or kacie, and you two can go fron there with/without my 2 cents.

Ok. Um...tell you what, maybe i'll just pm you xarvh and/or kacie, and you two can go fron there with/without my 2 cents.
Sorry about my post, Norts :( - please, go ahead and work things out with Xarvh as he suggested.

Sorry! Didn't mean to make anybody sad face. I'm actually quite ok if you guys don't use them, but I do want to share. I'll get a thing sent to you two soon/tomorrow depending on work.

cyl said:
Well for that I think asking Fangs reeaaaaally politely (and possibly making a Puss in Boots stare) would save everyone some time.
And yeah, if you need Jade, Malek provides.

Let him worry about the finances.
Hmm, based on current discussion, I'm tempted to suggest Argis make the trip by boat, but not bring with him the bloom. He can stop in Great Forks and Nexus as planned and then head in the direction of Lookshy around about the end of the next time chunk. That would allow him to relay intel and news back to Cross, and it would allow everyone else to wrap up their plans for the time chunk and rendezvous in Lookshy via horse or spell to try to save the day.

An attempt to recap previous discussion and figure out how things look for the next chunk of time:

Argis is hoping to make a trip through the main river cities.

Cunning Fangs is planning to leave and go study some crazy stuffs?

Flicker is committed to her essence raising quest.

Kalak has stated working on improving the lot of his people with the Bloom on his mind as well.

Malek and Rhapsody were planning to go visit the autobots at one point (maybe you can convince them to come help save lookshy too! sort of a look to the east on the third day sort of moment :D ). This seems most up in the air atm.

Mirror wants to go recover Berek's stuffs?

Siham could work hard on Bloom things? (or does this have to happen in project posts?)

Oh, something worth mentioning.. I'm thinking about having Argis pick up Bureaucracy Reinforcement + Benevolent Master's Blessing if he ends up with enough XP for it before the trip. That would let him boost the ratings of all of the mortal organizers in cross. Granted it would mean he was committing a lot of motes to it, but it may be worth it considering we want Cross to keep functioning well and developing in our absence. Thoughts?

Planning is hard... if we want to complete bloom related projects faster would it be better for Argis to focus his attention in Cross as improving things for cross -> project posts?

I think a more careful approach is immediate reaction and getting clear information so:

Fangs takes Malek, Argis and Kalak or better Siham as a npc to Nexus, they get to see 50D and investigate the rumors. (on site we can ride together and get to the bottom of it rapidly).

There is a possibility that the Walker has gotten his hands on the notes and is making field tests or that it is the Widow's doings.

From there I can even push to Lookshy to take a peek at what's going on and Fangs picks me, and I believe that within no more than a week we'll have more accurate information to take decisions.

Sure, but some people have already stated plans contrary to that. Also, I'm not sure how 5OD would feel about such a meeting.

Also Great Forks first, not Nexus. Though Argis would like to hit up Nexus as well. Siham probably would IC want to stick in Cross and work on Bloom weapon development (guessing based on Midboss's last posts with him).

Basically since the next scenes are over the month time period I'm suggesting we let people do their things and plan to meet up for helping out Lookshy at the end of that. It may be the case that we will wish we were there earlier, but that way we wouldn't have to leave people out of epic battle stuffs.

I'm concerned that if we just rush over there we do so without good aid other than ourselves. By taking the time we might be able to show up a little later with a Bloom based weapon (heck, maybe they can mutate the a strand of the bloom so it doesn't create new spores. Then we rely on direct contact with the enemy but don't risk the Bloom spreading.) and possibly mobilized allies from Great Forks and/or the autobots.

Note -- when Flicker returns, she will have Essence 4, and can serve as Argis' patron when he teaches Martial Arts. If he teaches her War 5, she can serve as his patron when he teaches that as well.

Arynne said:
Note -- when Flicker returns, she will have Essence 4, and can serve as Argis' patron when he teaches Martial Arts. If he teaches her War 5, she can serve as his patron when he teaches that as well.
Rhapsody has MA covered, but war will be sweeet. ^_^ Yay more patrons!

I like Feantari's plan.

Argis goes and gets news, and possibly sets up a meeting with Lookshy. Meanwhile, the Bloom is gotten "deploy-ready", and other projects are pursued.

When Argis returns with news and the Bloom is ready to go, we all meet up and head to Lookshy. We can consider the next month getting everything ready and sorted to march to war.

Malek is currently scheduled to be in 3 or 4 places at once. You're going to have to pick one, Cyl. ;)

Mirror would really like to have Fangs go with her to see to Berek's killers and so forth. It's very important character-wise for both of them. Likewise, we spoke of Flicker coming, as the DKs are hugely important to her character.

~~~

Argis is clearly the one running the meeting. ;) Is he satisfied with the current topic, and ready to move to the next topic?

Then maybe the DK task should wait if you want to include Flicker. She's already occupied with raising her essence.

Hmm. Unfortunate. I'd really like to have a non-crappy bow prior to going to war.

Is there perhaps a jade power bow lying around that Mirror could borrow? That would solve part of the mechanical drive to deal with the DKs, although it really is crappy from a character perspective to put off getting revenge for Berek til even longer. :(

We can always rule that there is a jade bow laying around in the pile from Agatha's manse. If Argis ends up with another arm he would be looking at buying one with XP so you could possibly use in the interim?

That said, if you guys decide you want to go do the whole avenge Berek thing discuss it with Arynne I guess? Tis the beauty of ooc.

Oh, I should add that Argis has a nice non-artifact bow on hand if you feel that would suffice.

Sure, saying there's a jade power bow that Argis has claimed but loans to Mirror as he's lacking an arm - that's be great. The reason the power bow is needed is because Mirror has such a high strength. I don't think she'd accidentally break the nice bow- strike that, she's a deathknight, her anima might eat away at the nice non-artifact bow.

While I want to do the whole DK thing very much, it's a super good idea to spend the time before war raising Essence. I doubt there's time to do both raising essence and going after the DKs, but we'll see what news Argis sends to us. I definitely want Flicker to be involved with the DKs, so that has to wait until she's got time.

Xarvh, is it okay to have Mirror focus on increasing her Essence over the summer? I really would like to have Essence 4 prior to the big battle at Lookshy, since the caps for Inf Mastery don't drop until Essence 4. It's a big difference to how long Mirror can sustain at combat.

Feantari's plan has many flaws:

1- time is of the essence: the faster we move the faster we get things done, Argis on his own is slow to move, with Malek or Fangs he'll be faster.

2- division: if we split up we take more risks individually (see what happened to Walker). Fangs can take many exalts with her straight to Nexus but Argis alone can meet his master and from there we can move to investigate the situation

3- priority: do we really want to pursue our own plans when the fate of the Scavenger Lands is taking a decisive turn ?

Stop saying Nexus, all the interesting stuff is in Great Forks. :-P

Its not that we don't care or don't want to rush off to help its just that some people have already declared their actions for this next phase and we don't want leave them out of the fun. Not to mention things like taking time to make a deployment method for the Bloom.

Will wait and see what people want to do/what xarvh thinks re: game organization.

@Feantari: if you and the others are done, I'll close the Scene.

@Kacie: rising Essence was a 2-dots project for Flicker, it should be the same for you.

This requirement will ease, but for now Ess 3 to 4 takes a 2 dots project.

There is a shitload of jade artefacts at Agatha's Manse, feel free to decide that there is a bow.

Also, I'll very much appreciate if you guys don't all scatter in seven different Scenes, especially because putting you together when the Scenes end at different RL times is a pain in the ass.

Sounds good, Xarvh.

It's a 2 dot project, and so now I open a thread (step 3) and wait until your go-ahead (step 4)?

Feantari, did you want a nothing-special jade power bow, or something a bit nicer? Doesn't matter to me, of course, but you should think about it. :)

Stop saying Nexus, all the interesting stuff is in Great Forks. :-P
Sorry I thought your master was in Nexus, no idea why.

Its not that we don't care or don't want to rush off to help its just that some people have already declared their actions for this next phase and we don't want leave them out of the fun. Not to mention things like taking time to make a deployment method for the Bloom.
They declared their actions before we learned of the situation in Lookshy.

Xarvh may allow them to change their minds.

Flicker going away for 4 months to raise her essence is incompatible with her being present to defend Lookshy IF the Mask attacks... and it's not that big of an if if we do our things on the side and don't take measures to stop him.

We can't know what's going to happen so we need to think fast and react even faster.

These are the priorities I identify before even thinking of an intervention in the field:

1- Keyenya's protection, another attack is very likely (we have a kick ass Demon unit, but I am not sur if K's sanctuary is in the perimeter they patrol)

2- protecting the people: the men can be sent to Mirunda and stay in Cross + leave at least one warlord behind while the others are going away, just in case the Legion or another knight pops and decides to kill everyone.

3- investigating the rumors

4- doing research on the Bloom

5- seeing what's really going on in Lookshy

With a bit of organization and planning I believe we can pull what requires travelling far away off with a small group of 3, and a Cunning Cab :)

This one has thought about it. :) Basic jade is plenty nice for the speed reduction, but we are going to say Blue Jade. +1 dmg, +2 rate (short powerbow btw, 3 dots is too pricey in xp and motes and he needs the accuracy :-P)

Blue Jade Short Powerbow: Speed 6, Accuracy +2, Damage +3L/2, Rate 4, Range 250, Attune 4

cyl said:
Sorry I thought your master was in Nexus, no idea why.
They declared their actions before we learned of the situation in Lookshy.

Xarvh may allow them to change their minds.

Flicker going away for 4 months to raise her essence is incompatible with her being present to defend Lookshy IF the Mask attacks... and it's not that big of an if if we do our things on the side and don't take measures to stop him.

We can't know what's going to happen so we need to think fast and react even faster.

These are the priorities I identify before even thinking of an intervention in the field:

1- Keyenya's protection, another attack is very likely (we have a kick ass Demon unit, but I am not sur if K's sanctuary is in the perimeter they patrol)

2- protecting the people: the men can be sent to Mirunda and stay in Cross + leave at least one warlord behind while the others are going away, just in case the Legion or another knight pops and decides to kill everyone.

3- investigating the rumors

4- doing research on the Bloom

5- seeing what's really going on in Lookshy

With a bit of organization and planning I believe we can pull what requires travelling far away off with a small group of 3, and a Cunning Cab :)
He used to be in Nexus. So its not like you're crazy. His old dojo there was burned down and he's been away. He is contemplating starting a dojo in Great Forks.

So, from the assessment that we use fast travel + leave the berek stuff til after flicker is available + travel in small groups + investigate lookshy... I'm leaning towards an Argis, Malek, Mirror group, but that leaves us down a warlord in Cross. It could alternately be Argis, Fangs, and Mirror but we don't have much for stealth in that group (other than awesome lunar shifting of course). And then Rhapsody, Kalak, and Malek could work towards local spirit relations and Mirunda stuffs? Does that make sense? (plus Kalak/Siham Bloom related stuffs on the side?)

It doesn't make sense for Flicker to go away for 4 months considering the situation, but I'll leave that decision to Arynne & Xarvh.

Malek + Argis free Fangs from doing the taxi driver and we can go wherever we need to pretty fast.

Both are warlords, so taking a peek at Lookshy is doable and you have Medecine, I have Investigation and Survival, I think we can handle searching the truth about the death Bloom.

I'd be in favor of making plans per week, since we'll have to stay mobile and possibly adapt to new developments and informations.

First we gather information (going away) & do what has to be done anyway (staying in Cross / Mirunda), then we plan what's coming next and take the proper steps to fulfill our objectives.

Fangs and Malek's mobility means they need to be away, but with her speed Fangs can probably be switch from place to place without any problem, how we divide the tasks between the rest of the group depends on our affinities and desires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back