[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Never said it was going to be easy, just saying it could be done.

It's just one of these suggestions I'm submitting to the group.

Thank you Kacie for reminding us of that Juggernaut - Lookshy thing again :)

That sort of stuff will definitely make not revealing our existence almost impossible.

Now I think OOC discussion things are getting confuzled. :-P

I think its totes ok for you to do all your night-ish stuffs on the side like you are. It was brought up only as an example of why I didn't think your project system was really a great way to handle things.

Many have expressed interested in a system more like Wlf described so lets maybe do that route for a bit? (Copy pasta-ed below for convenience)

WlfSamurai said:
xarvh said:
I'd have a humble proposal.
You kind of keep everybody updated OOC on what your chars will do.

If someone of the players thinks her PC would object, you move the idea to an IC vote.
This is going to be my suggestion after reading the volumes of discussion and work everyone has already done. (BTW, if I ever go back to school, you guys are writing my papers.)

Let's take a page out of indie-gaming (yeah, I used the term) and do what xarvh just said.

From my favorite game, Apocalypse World: Tell them the possible consequences and ask.

Example:

OOC, Kacie points out that Mirror is going to wipe out the DKs as her next "diplomatic" act and asks if that's cool. Normally on these tasks, we'd agree and say that works or "I like it, but tweak this one bit". In this case, however, I point out that Rhapsody would take issue with that. This, then, sets the framework for a scene to hash that out IC. Perhaps Rhapsody and Mirror meet inside a temple after dark and have a heated discussion. Or we just create a new scene where the entire group is already well into proceedings and this comes up.

This way, you get the best of both OOC quickness and IC drama. I'm with Kacie for not passing up good RP opportunities but I also agree we can speed up the stuff that we agree on in OOC.

Now I think OOC discussion things are getting confuzled. :-P
I think its totes ok for you to do all your night-ish stuffs on the side like you are. It was brought up only as an example of why I didn't think your project system was really a great way to handle things.
Yeah sorry about that I tend to jump from one topic to another rather quickly.

Many have expressed interested in a system more like Wlf described so lets maybe do that route for a bit? (Copy pasta-ed below for convenience)
I can totally see that.

rofl, Argis rolls to organize discussion, fail!

So, I don't know if it will take too long, but I am thinking about having Argis take a trip this next longer chunk of time. A trip with several stops. Basically using one of the ships from Mirunda and sailing to Great Forks, Nexus, and possibly Lookshy if we decide we want to get involved. Great Forks would allow him to deliver a message in person to Zenjo and whatever we decide to offer him. It would also possibly give him a chance to talk with his former Sifu. Then on to Nexus to handle personal business, buy supplies for Cross, get some regional news, and figure out what to do with his slave. The trip down to Lookshy is optional, but would possibly include delivering some of the bloom down there and instructing in its use. Obvs. would need to discuss the details of such a visit and how we wanted to present things.

Then on the return from said trip probably at the end of everyone's month or some such we could bait a trap if we wanted to.

Also, Argis would maybe like to find a new arm at some point... be it medicine related or otherwise. Open to ideas on what would be interesting there, though I could see the medicine route offering a chance for more interaction with Rhapsody.

And last but not least, I think he will stop using Peleps in his name soon.. Should he take a more different name, keep it simple, or maybe take a more exalted/outcaste style name?

Yeah well we're crazy celestials, it's not your place to say "shut up and write things down", you puny terrestrial ! :D

Kacie did good reminding us that outside of Cross lies a much much graver threat to the whole direction.

We can't ignore this situation or let Lookshy fall.

Yet we may also simply not be able to intervene at this point.

Getting tine for posts tomorrow, I promise!

Norts said:
Yet we may also simply not be able to intervene at this point.
Cross can't get involved, but the Circle can.

We have a panel of talents, powers and tools that can turn this battle upside down, even if we don't use the Bloom.

I suspect the Bloom would be very helpful for Lookshy. My guess, after reading the section where the Bloom is first encountered, and from Mirror's test, is that the Bloom grows much more quickly when exposed to necromantic essence. I believe this because there were no visible spores on her when she used her suit's test, but after the test (put a mote of essence outside the suit) there were small strands of fungi left.

Sure, I'm playing the deathknight, but don't you want to see what happens to the Juggernaut when it gets a face-full of Bloom spores? ;)

Weekends are always tougher for me. Sorry for the delay.

Feantari said:
Also, Argis would maybe like to find a new arm at some point... be it medicine related or otherwise. Open to ideas on what would be interesting there, though I could see the medicine route offering a chance for more interaction with Rhapsody.
Awesome. She's looking to raise Medicine soon. This could be the IC way she does it. In addition, after our last interaction, I'd imagine it to be a pretty charged situation.

Let the teenage-crush-drama ensue!

Oh right, I meant to ask, Argis made a roll to try to determine her motivation for blowing him off earlier. I think based on core that he may have just met the difficulty to actually get some infos. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. If not it would maybe give him a bit of something to be thinking on.

Being the deathknight also means that you are going to have to sit this one out or explode with Resonance, we know that much.

Ah, yes. Plus, I'll just tell you OOC anyway. She's not hiding it at all.

It was a combination of being uncomfortable and Argis not understanding the level of love she has for him by the few words she spoke. Basically, she's pulling the typical teenage "You don't automatically know what I'm thinking without me telling you? You didn't get it from my tone?" She's not a teenager, but she's never been in "love" and is ill-equipped to handle it.

Who knows. She might just be infatuated.

Being the deathknight also means that you are going to have to sit this one out or explode with Resonance, we know that much.
Hope you like Blight then, because I'm not sitting out the epic combat in defense of Lookshy. And I'm certainly not babysitting the Cross while everyone else goes off to fight.

Argis hasn't really mentioned it to anyone, but he might if it came up. His Sifu knows all kinds of things about Cross via crazy sidereal fu.

Kacie said:
Hope you like Blight then, because I'm not sitting out the epic combat in defense of Lookshy. And I'm certainly not babysitting the Cross while everyone else goes off to fight.
Speaking of which, how *does* Mirror fight?

Primarily melee, but she's a Dusk. She has the charm that lets her quick-draw w/ no penalties, and the charm that lets her apply her melee exc to any fighting purview.

My main goals are to get her to Essence 4 asap, because then the caps come off Inf Melee Mastery, and she finally comes into her own. I don't consider her "complete" until then.

Getting her predecessor's soulsteel bow also gives her a not-sucky bow, and thus the ability to be nearly as dangerous ranged as she is close up. This just one reason I want to pursue the DK/Berek's killers line.

OOC, Mirror wants the DKs gone from where they are now - they're squatting in her First Age manse. She wants it back. IC, she may or may not remember there's a manse there, but she knows Berek was obsessed to the point of getting himself killed with this place. I believe Cunning Fangs does know there's a manse there, and I'm waiting for the House of Smoke and Silver to complete to see if Fangs tells Mirror about that.

Kacie said:
Primarily melee, but she's a Dusk. She has the charm that lets her quick-draw w/ no penalties, and the charm that lets her apply her melee exc to any fighting purview.
My main goals are to get her to Essence 4 asap, because then the caps come off Inf Melee Mastery, and she finally comes into her own. I don't consider her "complete" until then.

Getting her predecessor's soulsteel bow also gives her a not-sucky bow, and thus the ability to be nearly as dangerous ranged as she is close up. This just one reason I want to pursue the DK/Berek's killers line.

OOC, Mirror wants the DKs gone from where they are now - they're squatting in her First Age manse. She wants it back. IC, she may or may not remember there's a manse there, but she knows Berek was obsessed to the point of getting himself killed with this place. I believe Cunning Fangs does know there's a manse there, and I'm waiting for the House of Smoke and Silver to complete to see if Fangs tells Mirror about that.
It was mostly a question of whether or not I'd summon you a Wasp ;)

Working on a post/deciding how to spend XP, and I've run aground on something:

Xarvh, Cunning Fangs has learned 6 Celestial Circle spells. I've been assuming, considering that she was her mentor, that Tirana taught her the first one, but how many others has she likely taught her? Trying to figure out when the books in Agatha's Library have run out.

Crazy Ivan, what's the effect of the spell on Mirror and Cunning Fangs? I can write a better reply after I know what the Flight of the Brilliant Raptor Flame Bath does. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back