[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

*sigh* Got caught up in a programming project gone awry. Will post Fang's second bits tomorrow, promise.

No haste.

Guys, I have been getting crazy after the stupid mapping software without too much encouraging results.

I was wondering, would it be a problem for you to install Chrome or Opera so that we can start already using the map?

Depends on the level of detail you want.

I would like to have the layout of the settlement AND the location of other major powers on the same map, and possibly handle character-level combat and mass combat, trade routes... There's stuff at every level of it.

Plus, if it works we may share it with the rest of patternspider. :mrgreen:

I do use chrome occasionally. Though for my firefox the map seems to work almost as well. Very strange given that the only addons I have are color things for the menu.

From inside to outside: the Caldera, the high plain, and the slope that leads to the high plain:

http://xxx.4orsi.it/nw/map/?zoom=9&lat= ... 1&layers=B

Other stuff to add: the extent of the jungle, the surrounding main cities, Mirunda.

You guys can also tell me where you want the city, and you can tell me so in coordinates.

The coordinates are in Km.

We'll be able to add details, landmarks and whatever.

Part of the problem here is that I also view and respond using my android phone...

Which means that a low grade version would be handy at times.

The file itself is smaller than an average jpg, and the rendering time is directly proportional to the number of pixels to be rendered.

Small screen, small rendering.

And yet my phone refuses to read your map.... I might need more apps dl and installed.

xarvh, you want to do your bit on tick 6 in scene 12 or should we post the rest of the coordinated attack?

Haku: don't worry, this is experimental and it's not required to play.

Feantari: yes, since it's a coordinated action and Albane declared, it's nicer if all of you declare and then I resolve and respond.

Ok, made another mess, but now it should be Firefox-friendly:

http://xxx.4orsi.it/nw/map/?zoom=3&lat= ... layers=0BT

Anyway.

What are your plans for the Chapter two?

You have to explore the area and start to know your neighbors.

As always I would like you to take the initiative, but some sensitive areas you may want to consider are: the Rolling River, the Ebon Spires Shadowland, Great Forks, Marita, Nathir and Denandsor.

Plus, some of you may want to tackle our favorite behemoth.

If you tell me your intentions, it will be easier for me to prepare for it.

Feel free to lay your own path.

I guess Walker could investigate the shadowland, he being the one most fitting for it. Might take some company along, though.

Daeshwin would be all about helping to explore (in all his 'I'm a mortal with essence and can hang with exalts' glory)... Whenever he shows...

How much do we want to catch these guys? Argis can totally go after either one. I sort of doubt the rice is of huge importance, esp now soaked with dirty river water, but that guy has to have something going for him to be able to pull off the run across water thing. Planning to have Argis give chase on his tick, but will hold off if people would rather not.

Feantari: I made a mess.

Initially I had posted that you didn't notice the blade, but with 3 suxx you do.

*One* more question - I'm about to summon alot of demons. Do you want to make the contesting rolls, or do you trust me to?

. . . so how did I miss the guy?

Between the co-ordinated attack penalty, the flurry penalty and the -1 DV from the Martial Arts Charm, he should have been down to DV 3 or 2 against Dove's attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back