[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

cyl said:
xarvh said:
cyl said:
Aw crap, that's gonna look bad :mrgreen:
Just wait for YOUR mate to join... ^^
Oh I think it's going to make him feel a helluva lot better... that deathknight - lunar mate thing + the reunion is starting to be a bit too much for poor Malek...
Really...just wait until yours gets there. *toothy velociraptor grin*

You know in the errata, the writers noted that Imposition of Law works for static values, ditto with curse of definition; which means if a Lunar wanted to go without tattoos and knew a Raksha (ally 1 dot), they could gain an immunity to the wyld taint. dun dun dunnnn... as a point of interest for any untattooed lunars; one of whom is a PC in the game, yes?

Arynne said:
Oh yeah we might wanna work on a common background, apart from a name I don't have much :roll:

I thought it could be a good idea to have a kingdom now long lost to the wyld...

Which reminds me, I still need to finish 3 pieces for that background... :mrgreen:

cyl said:
Oh yeah we might wanna work on a common background, apart from a name I don't have much :roll:

I thought it could be a good idea to have a kingdom now long lost to the wyld...
Well, all we know about Scarlet Silence, canonically, is that he was a Night Caste assassin who hunted down evildoers, and that he was partnered with a pair of Raptok martial artists, who developed Shadow Hunter Style to aid the team's mission. This took place during the First Deliberative Era, when the Solar Exalted were exploring Creation and founding their own kingdoms. (This was also, sadly, the beginning of the end for the Dragon Kings, as the Realm's capitol moved from Rathess to Meru, leaving the lizard folk with little to do but contemplate their losses.)

Eventually, we are told, he settled down in Meru and gave up his wandering ways, and his erstwhile teammates returned to Rathess. But it's quite plausible that he first established a principality somewhere only to abandon it later, after the Great Curse made him jaded. Perhaps he left it to his wife to govern, like Desus did?

cyl said:
Yeah the condition for making a virtue roll is seeing innocents suffering and being unable to do something about it.
That's the toughest part to meet, because when you're playing a solar, there's not much that can stop you from acting on your impulses, apart from social pressure or conflict of interests.
You'd think that.

A Solar in another game just had it triggered when she saw the surviving living citizens of Thorns slaughtered in a single moment ;)

Clever girl ! :twisted:

Eventually, we are told, he settled down in Meru and gave up his wandering ways, and his erstwhile teammates returned to Rathess. But it's quite plausible that he first established a principality somewhere only to abandon it later, after the Great Curse made him jaded. Perhaps he left it to his wife to govern, like Desus did ?
Oh I can definitely see them caught in an old macabre rivalry over the ages (a Moriarty / Holmes thing) between Scarlet and her mate and another evil solar mastermind on the verge of infernalism / deathlordization (most likely one of those clever bastards that took refuge in the Invisible Fortress, Quen fits the profile :twisted: ), with Scarlet dying in mysterious conditions, and sadly being "reborn" just in time for the Usurpation, leaving a harmless young exalted girl with practically nothing apart from her mate to defend herself (which would also explain why Malek found Scarlet Silence's hidden lair untouched).

I have so much love for DKs myself that I'm glad you're close with them :wink:

Maybe we should continue this with MPs and send the whole stuff to the ST for approval once we're done. :mrgreen:

A Solar in another game just had it triggered when she saw the surviving living citizens of Thorns slaughtered in a single moment ;)
My point exactly... it's not going to happen very often...

cyl said:
Oh I can definitely see them caught in an old macabre rivalry over the ages (a Moriarty / Holmes thing) between Scarlet and her mate and another evil solar mastermind on the verge of infernalism / deathlordization (most likely one of those clever bastards that took refuge in the Invisible Fortress, Quen fits the profile :twisted: ), with Scarlet dying in mysterious conditions, and sadly being "reborn" just in time for the Usurpation, leaving a harmless young exalted girl with practically nothing apart from her mate to defend herself
Or worse...I imagined Scarlet's (as-yet-nameless, I really need to come up with a name!) Lunar spouse hunting down the murderer and dying in the process in some appropriately dramatic fashion. Maybe she tracked them somehow to their cozy little hideaway up North? *imagines grim avenger appearing out of a snowstorm in film noir style*

Maybe we should continue this with MPs and send the whole stuff to the ST for approval once we're done. :mrgreen:
Sounds like an idea. :)

Armors fixed.....

No longer Jade, just fancy silver and gold, fit for royalty, light enough to be hidden under a shirt....

The shaping aspect of it more than compensates for the lack of being one of the 5.....

[tech rant]

Meh, since I hate humanity I have been working a bit on the map:

http://xxx.4orsi.it/nw/map/?zoom=0&lat= ... 5&layers=B

This is only a stub, cyl is working on a full map.

The problem?

Despite ALL major browsers supporting SVG (it is a W3C standard) fucking MS IE does not support it, so the software I'm using did not bother to make it work under Firefox, 'cause it wouldn't work on most computers anyway.

Let's list it as another way that monopolies kill innovation and competition.

For all those using Chrome, Safari, Opera or whatever, it works, and we can have permalinks to specific location and the Gods know how much are we going to use it in this game (a Nation is nothing without a map).

Now, since Wikipedia has adopted SVG, pushing MS to finally implement SVG in their fucking browser (IE9 will support SVG), it is entirely possible that this map will end up working also on IE9 and Firefox.

[/tech rant]

Yeah, I'm trying to find an appropriate way to use this eternal zoom function appropriately... we don't want to have a river that effectively is 10 miles large... I think it'd be better to start low and expand from there, adding details as the game goes on and we discover the area (and pierce throug the fog of war :lol: ).

Also... volcano + earthquakes = we probably shoud get out of the jungles... :mrgreen:

The single shake of the quake you experienced so far, and the extreme shallowness of the vibration is not compatyible with an earthquake.

xarvh said:
The single shake of the quake you experienced so far, and the extreme shallowness of the vibration is not compatyible with an earthquake.
That, younglings, is the sound of XP.

Spending 24 XP on Spells/Charms when we have downtime. I may attempt to stunt the first one because, well, it's awesome for stunting.

- Raising the Earth's Bones

- Conjuring the Azure Chariot

- Bleeding Crescent Strike

Ok.

We will have a inter-chapter montage for training/building/stunting etc ^^

EDIT: for sorceries and martial arts and in general everything that does not come innate to your characters, I would like you guys to find at least a source of knowledge in the form of books, scrolls, memory crystals, teachers and such.

I won't be strict on this, but give it a try.

xarvh said:
Ok.
EDIT: for sorceries and martial arts and in general everything that does not come innate to your characters, I would like you guys to find at least a source of knowledge in the form of books, scrolls, memory crystals, teachers and such.

I won't be strict on this, but give it a try.
Can a stunt exploiting the Working count? It's so much more satisfying than summoning up a demon and saying "Teach me".

I'll probably be spending the few xp I've earned so far on getting more Dusk abilities, so I'll actually be able to make use of that anima power you've given us xarvh.

Hrm - Cunning Fangs has just come up with an idea that will need Siham's help. That'll be...interesting.

"Water buffalo! Come, and bring your tools."

Ah hahahaha... I see Xavh has found the south Indian movie about robots... is totally amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back