[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I was trying not to pull the cord, but I guess it was nearly impossible. :roll:

Hopefully, I played my cards right... and we won't have a MDI (Major Diplomatic Incident). :mrgreen:

Aye on the wanted flaw it will be gone shortly.... Does that include the negative mutations as well...?
Yes, sorry.

Especially because their actual negative impact on your character will be about zero.

Backstory modded

Flaws and negative mutation points removed... Keeping oathsworn and the backstory aspects of wanted(sans points). Dropped wyld walk, healing power, and a couple background points....

One small itty bitty problem, Atrius Night, grace artifacts can't be forged of magical material. On the converse side, outside of magitech, grace artifacts actually surpass normal creation-based artifacts.

At least this is by the raw text of what the gossamer/grace forging charms can do. Xavh might rule it could make jade and other 5 MM artifacts....

Scene 13 is up, and mostly to give you the time to chat a bit and roleplay your first encounter, but this 1st Chapter is finished.

Scene 14 will be a montage of your settlement in the plain, at safe distance from the Manse-Behemoth, so start planning about that, you may want to discuss it OOC.

Speak among yourselves and decide what to do.

If you want to roleplay other scenes before we end the chapter, just ask and I'll open them (remember that they are worth XPs).

For the guys in the water, I have plans for you, and your arrival will be important for the Jungle Guys...

Haku, Atrius Night will be joining you shortly.

-----

Now, this part of the game was kinda awkward, I had to find some excuses to put together so many Exalts without it seem so forced.

The appearance of Walker hunting River, the attack on the people of Mirunda and many things you will want to investigate later on are all linked, and have very specific reasons for happening.

Now, I need your feedback.

As you noticed, I'm trying to leave you as much freedom as possible, as well as time to roleplay and interact with the other PCs.

This can be important or boring, so I want you guys to let me know if you want things to be different.

Also, I will not let you in the Manse until you put some good effort at it.

As I said many times, I want this game to be player-driven.

There are several powers in the area that you will clash with.

Collecting information and possibly contacting/attacking them is completely up to you.

Given enough time and as you grow in visibility and influence in the region, they will approach you.

Don't let this happen, move first.

Argis is going to be trying to figure out what Joyous Dove is up to. Apparently all that rain was very distracting. :-P After that, he plans to gather what help he's managed to recruit and ride to the location the coordinates indicate. Assuming we want to wait for the rain to let up he will question the locals a bit first. That's really all the plans he has right now.

Well, past the initial meeting with other exalts, and probably some comments on the exact odds of so many celestial exalts in one place, Siham, like his Fire and Water incarnation, is going to be seriously overworked.

There will be the initial playing medic with the refugees. Then he will probably be helping build the settlements, show building techniques, study the warstrider in his free time, cook food, act as architect.... I notice twillights always have a lot of work in realm building games.

PS: Oh, and when he gets the chance, he'll probably want to examine the celestial exalts and perform research on them.

Walker will most likely be trying anything he can to prove that he's there to help. Odd jobs with blacksmithing, helping recreate warstrider components, heck with Craft Water he'll even help Siham cook. Admittedly, most of that work will probably be subtly unsettling in some minor way, given his Abyssal nature. If nothing else, he can easily act as a forward scout, or tag along with others on state visits to go spying.

I have the makings of a post up, but since Cunning Fangs is about to literally drop in on her Lunar mate, I need a little bit of guidance from him ;)

- Who/what was your First Age incarnation? Vague suggestions are fine if you don't feel like fleshing anything out fully.

- How...well, dark do you want their relationship to have been. I've played anything from True Love to, well, something involving a soulsteel whip and suspiciously high stamina scores, and am fine with anything in between.

Also, will I get in trouble for referring to Zenjo and/or Siham as water buffalo throughout the course of this game? ;)

"Eeehrm... Is that a soulsteel dildo!?"

CrazyIvan said:
Also, will I get in trouble for referring to Zenjo and/or Siham as water buffalo throughout the course of this game? ;)
No.

You have the blessing of the ST. :mrgreen:

If Walker is your mate...

Meet Tholus Garr, sky-king, warlord supreme, swordmaster, and a vicious bastard if you weren't a law-abiding citizen. As long as you did what he thought was right, you got all the cookies you wanted. Step out of line, however, and he tended to beat you mercilessly if you were lucky. Actually commit a crime, and you get to spend 10000 years stuck inside his sword pulling a cart full of his dead enemies through an infinite plain of grey dirt and thick, mist filled skies.

Does that answer the question?

Norts said:
If Walker is your mate...
Meet Tholus Garr, sky-king, warlord supreme, swordmaster, and a vicious bastard if you weren't a law-abiding citizen. As long as you did what he thought was right, you got all the cookies you wanted. Step out of line, however, and he tended to beat you mercilessly if you were lucky. Actually commit a crime, and you get to spend 10000 years stuck inside his sword pulling a cart full of his dead enemies through an infinite plain of grey dirt and thick, mist filled skies.

Does that answer the question?
Well then :)

Poor Walker is going to get outed by his presence hitting Cunning Fangs like a Mac truck.

xarvh said:
cyl said:
Aw crap, that's gonna look bad :mrgreen:
Just wait for YOUR mate to join... ^^
Oh I think it's going to make him feel a helluva lot better... that deathknight - lunar mate thing + the reunion is starting to be a bit too much for poor Malek... he has had a bad week ! :lol:

Gah, I just realized that my sheet lacks a virtue flaw... I planned on taking Red Rage of Compassion (I really want you to play on the can't intervene part :twisted: ), dat okay ?!

Yeah the condition for making a virtue roll is seeing innocents suffering and being unable to do something about it.

That's the toughest part to meet, because when you're playing a solar, there's not much that can stop you from acting on your impulses, apart from social pressure or conflict of interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back