[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I gotta see the whole movie, it might even top Ong Bak in the laughs per minute ratio !

Sorry for the slow updating, today was my last day of work here and in a few days I will change continent and several time zones.

I will be away from civilization for a few days with my "I'm not your girlfriend", so I won't update until Tuesday.

*sheepish question* Before I post the demon-summoning part of this...exactly how many days does the montage represent? It'll...change things, considerably, depending on the answer.

Ok, it was a nest of mosquitos, there wasn't much to do and it was going to rain...

I hate nature.

I'm back.

CrazyIvan: you have a few weeks.

Got a bit of work today guys, but hopefully I'll have time to post tonight so we can get to the behemoth part :wink:

Few weeks...

DEMONS! DEMONS FOR ALL!

Also, taking requests for yet more easy-mode structure building.

Ok, I must have drunk something really bad at the camping, and got me a fulminating infection... Couldn't kiss the TSO not to infect her. -sigh-

Anyway, stupid RL apart...

I really liked the montages so far.

BUT.

One of the two most pressing concerns has not been addressed, namely FOOD.

At this point both the refugees and the Justicars risk serious starvation.

On a lighter note, it would be nice to get an idea of how the settlement you are building looks like.

We know it has a perimeter, we know there are a few buildings...

I assume that you guys cut down a few patches of jungle.

Are you building randomly or following a grander design?

Once more, a map seems vital, especially because in Chapter 2, besides the behemoth, I expect you guys to start exploring around and contact the surrounding powers.

Our guys under the rain will play an especially important part on this.

Also, thinking to a way to introduce Atrius Night.

Well food's kinda my "part" but I haven't had the time to write a serious montage so far.

Are you building randomly or following a grander design?
With a Twilight in charge, nothing can be random :mrgreen:

About the map, I'm having some troubles with the file you sent me, but we'll talk about that through MSN when you feel better :wink:

Demons!

The Deer Who Hunt Men Who Hunt Deer! Blood Ape farmers!

Also, *Cunning Fangs* is building by design - a very clear, very ordered one. Like seriously, ~66 families worth of buildings in a grid. Whether anyone cares is *shrug*. I think I will channel Cunning Fang's past life as an administrator and do my best to fix the whole "food" problem too. Will deal with that tonight.

It's part of Malek's responsability to buy / steal food from the surrounding sources.

Being ultra sneaky and having a teleporting cloak (although the essence miles range is quite the limit) sure helps but I need to write this up.

The plan is simple: Malek will travel throughout the lands, searching for caravans going to Mirunda (the news of the undead invasion may not have reached the ears of the travelers on the road so he'd be warning them) which was the last river port town on this side of Scavenger Lands and doing so he'll be buying / stealing (Guild only, those guys can handle the loss) stuff for the tribe and collecting donations and saving lives on both counts.

Aaaah, life would be so much easier with essence 6 and Food Gathering Exercise :roll:

Bah! My elementals are better than your silly demons! :lol:

No love for Raksha? Like the Raksha whose people you're building stuff for? Sadness...

cyl said:
It's part of Malek's responsability to buy / steal food from the surrounding sources.
Being ultra sneaky and having a teleporting cloak (although the essence miles range is quite the limit) sure helps but I need to write this up.

The plan is simple: Malek will travel throughout the lands, searching for caravans going to Mirunda (the news of the undead invasion may not have reached the ears of the travelers on the road so he'd be warning them) which was the last river port town on this side of Scavenger Lands and doing so he'll be buying / stealing (Guild only, those guys can handle the loss) stuff for the tribe and collecting donations and saving lives on both counts.

Aaaah, life would be so much easier with essence 6 and Food Gathering Exercise :roll:
Does this mean we have food taken care of, and I can skip the Sorcerous Solution in favor of, I dunno, a neomah concubine in every household or something?

Though we have the financial means to ensure food, pay and weapons / tools for the whole community for a whole year (following the Property and ships section p.365), the difficulty we will be facing will be availability / proximty vs time constraint.

We have many mouths to feed, few stuff available within quick reach, and I think Malek alone can't handle the time constraint.

For the rest of the year, we will be safe, but if no one helps along and goes buying stuff with him, we will be loosing people to starvation.

If the ST agrees to my xp expenses, Malek could be able to move up to 10 people within a 20 miles area per day, leaving us a bit more chance to bring in the supplies we need more quickly.

Oh man, I am super excited to get the second group into the mix. Having the eclipse plus his boat will help out quite a bit I imagine. As for Argis, I sort of want to make him as handy as possible. He'll probably get some more medicine charms, but I forsee spending a good amount of xp on abilities and reinforcement excellencies so he can boost mortals and such.

Go for power awarding prana + immanent solar glory... it costs you an arm but you'll have the ultimate sidekick ! 8)

Hey, how long before our lord Hiro joins the team and starts feeding every one gossamer food ?! :lol:

Depends how fast the scene proceeds.

But I definitely look forward to name a scene "The Return of the King" :mrgreen:

Anyway, Malek's XP shopping is approved.

Okay so I took a few liberties with the stuff to buy, feel free to add any input because I consider that everyone would have thought of something for the shopping list :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back