[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

cyl said:
If you disregard mortals, Deathlords won't.
People will die, shadowlands will grow and Creation will be merged with the Underworld.
You're excluding a massive middle. You've stated All Exalts Have To Care About Mortals. When I disagree with this, you focus on what happens when No Exalts Care About Mortals.

I doubt Flicker would let you do that. :D
She'll come around when she finds out what sauce Fangs is making.

xarvh said:
If it is what I suspect, remember that the Tower is made of solid stone but the objects within aren't.
Outside Worlds Within Clean Room :)

@CI: Since it's your Manse, would you like to open a Scene for Fangs and Mirror?
Sure - will do so in a bit.

I think it'd be more fun to have Fangs and Mirror at the big get together. By fun I mean "hilarious" and dis-functional! What about you, Crazy Ivan?

You're excluding a massive middle. You've stated All Exalts Have To Care About Mortals. When I disagree with this, you focus on what happens when No Exalts Care About Mortals.
By extension if the worst happens if no one takes responsibility, everyone must make sure that things are properly handled, simple logic.

If you swing the lead on your job and no one is around to do it for you, then bad things happen.

We were only 700 celestials to handle a huuuuuge world and now we're less than that, with some seriously badass baddies.

Thank the gods for the DB. :D

cyl said:
By extension if the worst happens if no one takes responsibility, everyone must make sure that things are properly handled, simple logic.
Yet you focus on one aspect of Creation's defense, "Mortals" to the exclusion of all others.

If you swing the lead on your job and no one is around to do it for you, then bad things happen.
And if you pretend your job is the only job that matters, you piss off your coworkers.

And they eat you.

Given Mirror and Fangs haven't entered yet, does Malek want to hold his speech about patching things up with Tirana until they show? Want to give Cyl the chance to edit before I post.

Yet you focus on one aspect of Creation's defense, "Mortals" to the exclusion of all others.
Everything can be tied to protecting Humanity.

From tending to the Loom to making sure the legions of Faes will be properly greeted when they want to go on a crusade.

Creation and Humanity are interdependent. One doesn't go without the other.

But one is more important than the other.

Creation can shrink, it has in the past, but if there's still hoomans around we can win it back on the Wyld.

If we loose Humanity (and without the creation of another race with souls and the ability to pray) however, then there is no more Creation (either from the Wyld or the Underworld).

CrazyIvan said:
Given Mirror and Fangs haven't entered yet, does Malek want to hold his speech about patching things up with Tirana until they show? Want to give Cyl the chance to edit before I post.
Yep I'll do that give me a sec.

cyl said:
Everything can be tied to protecting Humanity.
But often only obliquely, and every Exalt need not view it as their occupation or priority.

To use your example of the Wyld - It's perfectly in-character to have a Lunar who simply disappears into the Wyld fight an endless, unwinnable but heroic holding action against the Fair Folk, keeping the firm shores of Creation's reality where they are for another few centuries before they perish.

They may never meet a mortal, probably shouldn't hang out with them to much. To suggest their first priority is protecting mortals is absurd. And that's not even touching the question of whether or not a Lunar serving their mate in a way that results in the death of 1000 mortals is worthwhile.

If you're in a war you have to win, and you're talking about what your Solar general wants? The wise Exalt tells themselves that you can always breed more humans.

An example closer home.

Tirana takes "protect Creation" seriously.

She doesn't give a shit if the best way to achieve this is to replace most mortals with her broodlings.

But often only obliquely, and every Exalt need not view it as their occupation or priority.
That's because they do not ask themselves the most essential question: what's the point ? why do I do this in the end ?

Or their answer to that question is completely biased by other factors like I dunno Lunar elder indoctrination or a God who spoke to you and gave you a mission...

To use your example of the Wyld - It's perfectly in-character to have a Lunar who simply disappears into the Wyld fight an endless, unwinnable but heroic holding action against the Fair Folk, keeping the firm shores of Creation's reality where they are for another few centuries before they perish.

They may never meet a mortal, probably shouldn't hang out with them to much. To suggest their first priority is protecting mortals is absurd.
But why would he go wage war on the Faes ? For what ?

A piece of land that can be lost or rebuilt ?

Kinda pointless if you think about it.

And that's not even touching the question of whether or not a Lunar serving their mate in a way that results in the death of 1000 mortals is worthwhile.
If you're in a war you have to win, and you're talking about what your Solar general wants? The wise Exalt tells themselves that you can always breed more humans.
I did says thousandS. Could have said millions. The numbers do matter indeed, although not only them, but the land itself.

If protecting 100 people stops a Deathlord from having another foothold in Creation next to a big city to prepare for another massive invasion... then we cannot afford not to risk our lives and the lives of our men.

Hoomans can die and you can make moar of them, but when they do die, you generally loose ground, either to the Underworld or the Wyld.

While you can conquer back the Wyld, getting that ground back from the shadowlands is a pain in the ass.

xarvh said:
An example closer home.
Tirana takes "protect Creation" seriously.

She doesn't give a shit if the best way to achieve this is to replace most mortals with her broodlings.
And given time, she could have found a proper solution to solving Creation's problems, a truly badass army of DB.

cyl said:
That's because they do not ask themselves the most essential question: what's the point ? why do I do this in the end ?
Or their answer to that question is completely biased by other factors like I dunno Lunar elder indoctrination or a God who spoke to you and gave you a mission...
You're assuming they didn't ask the question. Maybe they did, and arrived at a different answer. That's been Fangs' problem with Malek for the entirety of them knowing each other: Malek's insistence that if you arrive at a different conclusion, you must be wrong.

But why would he go wage war on the Faes ? For what ?
A piece of land that can be lost or rebuilt ?

Kinda pointless if you think about it.
To not be reduced to formless madness. Creation cannot reliably be replaced. Humanity can.

I did says thousandS. Could have said millions. The numbers do matter indeed, although not only them, but the land itself.
If protecting 100 people stops a Deathlord from having another foothold in Creation next to a big city to prepare for another massive invasion... then we cannot afford not to risk our lives and the lives of our men.
And if killing a million could defeat the Neverborn...well, Fangs never cared much for the Imperial City anyway.

Hoomans can die and you can make moar of them, but when they do die, you generally loose ground, either to the Underworld or the Wyld.
While you can conquer back the Wyld, getting that ground back from the shadowlands is a pain in the ass.
Both are quasi-trivial for a powerful Solar. And no, when they do die, you don't necessarily lose ground. It's not mortals that keep the Wyld at bay. Mortals are an interesting snack for the trip as far as the Fair Folk are concerned. And say what you will about the Underworld, it has a long way to go before its even half as good at wreaking havoc on Creation as the Wyld has been.

I'd love to join in, but I shan't until my character is more firmly established on screen. Crazy Ivan, start a thread at Fangs's manse already. ;)

You're assuming they didn't ask the question. Maybe they did, and arrived at a different answer. That's been Fangs' problem with Malek for the entirety of them knowing each other: Malek's insistence that if you arrive at a different conclusion, you must be wrong.
If you arrive at a different conclusion, but do the job regardless, Malek won't care one bit why you're doing what you do.

He will however care when doing your job goes against the interest of Humanity and Creation.

To not be reduced to formless madness. Creation cannot reliably be replaced. Humanity can.
We cannot create beings with souls. Only the most powerful of gods can.

If all humans die (and beastmen count as humans since they have human souls), then Creation is done for.

And if killing a million could defeat the Neverborn...well, Fangs never cared much for the Imperial City anyway.
Now that is absurd... yet immensely funny :D

Both are quasi-trivial for a powerful Solar. And no, when they do die, you don't necessarily lose ground. It's not mortals that keep the Wyld at bay. Mortals are an interesting snack for the trip as far as the Fair Folk are concerned. And say what you will about the Underworld, it has a long way to go before its even half as good at wreaking havoc on Creation as the Wyld has been.
It is mortal activity that keeps the wyld at bay as much as the lunars.

Mortal activity stabilize the land, they anchor it in the laws of Creation.

Take that away, everything becomes chaos again.

The problem of the Wyld remains at the borders (though some pockets are inside Creation), while the problem of the Underworld is that no matter how much human sweat you put into, shadowlands will never grow back.

Only solar power can keep the underworld in check AFAIK (including the Bloom of course).

CrazyIvan said:
Who demonstrably need not be human.
They are humans. Not the pink fleshed blond haired blue eyed kind, but they still have a soul and if you punch them with Order Affirming Blow, you'll see their true faces.

cyl said:
The problem of the Wyld remains at the borders (though some pockets are inside Creation), while the problem of the Underworld is that no matter how much human sweat you put into, shadowlands will never grow back.

Only solar power can keep the underworld in check AFAIK (including the Bloom of course).
So if it comes down to any N Humans vs. a lone Twilight who knows the proper spells, you pick the Twilight.

Kacie said:
I'd love to join in, but I shan't until my character is more firmly established on screen. Crazy Ivan, start a thread at Fangs's manse already. ;)
Go join your mate in the common scene already

And sorry to keep CI busy, it's been a while since we haven't disagreed, and we do like that :P

cyl said:
Go join your mate in the common scene already
And sorry to keep CI busy, it's been a while since we haven't disagreed, and we do like that :P
You've been a small distraction compared to pulling together some last minute analysis for a big presentation I'm giving on Monday, which is a larger problem :)

CrazyIvan said:
So if it comes down to any N Humans vs. a lone Twilight who knows the proper spells, you pick the Twilight.
If it comes to that and the Twilight is sure to clean up the mess of N humans dead, then yes, obviously.

Neither Flicker or Malek is able to do so, therefore at the moment of their exchange, for Malek either of them is expendable if it ensures results (shadowlands not forming).

But knowing Xarvh if that ever happens, Malek will go into full limit break and throw himself in the heart of the battle eyes full of tears and drooling from the rage and will most likely just get killed.

Stupid fucking white man. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back