[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

To tie this together xarvh we can make the assumption that Argis will send a message o the others about finding a new solar and his people in Mirunda. I'll try to post tonight to that effect with more in character bits, but I'm not sure how much time I can snag.

Good idea.

I will just open a new Scene where everybody is present (expect possibly Fangs and Mirror).

We're partners, yes, but we are exalts.
Our duty is to the people of Creation first and not our mates.
This quote, I think, perfectly encapsulated everything Fangs finds wrong with Malek's perspective on the universe.

This quote, I think, perfectly encapsulated everything Fangs finds wrong with Malek's perspective on the universe.
It's a Solar perspective.

For Flicker, her duty to her mate is her duty to Creation, or a big part of it anyway.

Edit: Thought of that, Feantari. ;)

Heh - and she thinks the Chariot is impressive. Wait until she sees the Cunning Fangs Bloom Decontamination Procedure

Exactly, it's a solar perspective and it's because solars don't have Lunar Bond.

But Solar Bond doesn't mean you'll do anything for your mate either... Falcon fled, Silverclaws killed her mate, Tirana ate her mate, Leviathan chose his lover over his mate... so it's not a brainwashing tool, free will still exist (although "breaking" their bond doesn't make Lunars better persons usually :D )

I bet Cunning Fangs has a better decontamination procedure than Mirror - and Mirror is going to want it used sooner rather than later!

Xarvh, congrats on that horrible alarm bell. It is totally the sort of fucking obnoxious misery that would be built into Deathknight gear. Mirror wants to rip that thing out and beat to dust, but of course she needs it desperately.

cyl said:
Exactly, it's a solar perspective and it's because solars don't have Lunar Bond.
But Solar Bond doesn't mean you'll do anything for your mate either... Falcon fled, Silverclaws killed her mate, Tirana ate her mate, Leviathan chose his lover over his mate... so it's not a brainwashing tool, free will still exist (although "breaking" their bond doesn't make Lunars better persons usually :D )
Yes, but it's Malek's utter disregard for any purpose other than his own.

Beyond their 'mate', Malek's assertion isn't true for Sidereals, arguably isn't true for the Dragon Blooded, and isn't true for Lunars - it's easier to argue that (even if we ignore the mates), Lunars defend Creation, not necessarily those within it. They lack the tools for that.

Xarvh, may I request a thread for Cunning Fangs & Mirror? If that is better as an interlude, that'd be fine by me, but the scene is critical to Mirror's development. (I honestly don't know what will happen - she's surprised me a bit already - so would be good to do the scene sooner than later.)

Yes, but it's Malek's utter disregard for any purpose other than his own.
No, that's Malek remembering his previous lives commitment to his duty.

The primordial wars were fought to protect Humanity from the Primordial whims who slayed millions every time a Primordial was saying to another "pull my tentacle" (at least that's what the gods told the exalts IIRC).

His past lives have always been looking out for Mankind, protecting them from what lies in the shadows and beyond.

His first incarnation died fighting in the Primordial Wars, Scarlet Silence died fighting a badass necromancer, so even if he started out as a thief, he's getting more and more a sense of responsibility.

Also we really need to have a scene between the two to have an epic debate about this (in front of Big K to settle things once and for all !)

Beyond their 'mate', Malek's assertion isn't true for Sidereals, arguably isn't true for the Dragon Blooded, and isn't true for Lunars - it's easier to argue that (even if we ignore the mates), Lunars defend Creation, not necessarily those within it. They lack the tools for that.
I highly disagree on this.

Now the Primordials are either gone or dead, the game has changed.

Massive mortals deaths = Shadowlands

Abandoned borders = Wyld eating away at Creation

Mortals gone = less prayers = less powerful gods = Creation crumbling on itself.

And they know it.

All lunars elders understand they need people, that's why most of them have created new stronger breeds. (and these are their tools, and Tirana has the best in the market apparently !!!)

The young ones may not realize the contradiction between preparing for war against civilization and protecting Creation yet, but I'm sure once Ma Ha Suchi or some pissed off elders starts its rampage and the deathlords collect the bounty in their trails, they'll realize they need to stop the crazy bastards just like the DB & Siddies put the Solars down before they went too far.

cyl said:
I highly disagree on this.

Now the Primordials are either gone or dead, the game has changed.

Massive mortals deaths = Shadowlands

Abandoned borders = Wyld eating away at Creation

Mortals gone = less prayers = less powerful gods = Creation crumbling on itself.

And they know it.

All lunars elders understand they need people, that's why most of them have created new stronger breeds. (and these are their tools, and Tirana has the best in the market apparently !!!)

The young ones may not realize the contradiction between preparing for war against civilization and protecting Creation yet, but I'm sure once Ma Ha Suchi or some pissed off elders starts its rampage and the deathlords collect the bounty in their trails, they'll realize they need to stop the crazy bastards just like the DB & Siddies put the Solars down before they went too far.
None of which suggests that a Lunar defending Creation's first or foremost purpose is to defend the people of Creation, no more than a wall needing bricks means the duty of a guard is to save each and every bit of mortar.

None of which suggests that a Lunar defending Creation's first or foremost purpose is to defend the people of Creation, no more than a wall needing bricks means the duty of a guard is to save each and every bit of mortar.
No that's the job of the mason and maintenance guy to make sure that the wall will hold.

Exalts are the maintenance guys of Creation IMHO, and that's part of the perspective I'm trying to bring with this character.

CrazyIvan said:
And manifesting that into absolute statements for All Exalts.
That's the problem.
How is it a problem ?

He's obviously trying to get everyone to adhere to his views.

Kinda helps if you want to build an empire foolishly hoping you'll save the world to have everyone agreeing on a few basic things like "Humanity is priority number one !".

cyl said:
No that's the job of the mason and maintenance guy to make sure that the wall will hold.
Exalts are the maintenance guys of Creation IMHO, and that's part of the perspective I'm trying to bring with this character.
But we're not all the masons.

How is it a problem ?
How is a Solar declaring that their perspective is the One True Way Everyone Should Adhere To a problem? Seriously?

But we're not all the masons.
Until some of us can start claiming lands from the Wyld, we're all part of the maintenance team.

DB keeps the spirits in check, lunars keep the borders and have a crack at what the solars did in the First Age with their own projects, Siddies tend to the Loom, and solars... well solars were gone so they have no more place, they have to take it.

How is a Solar declaring that their perspective is the One True Way Everyone Should Adhere To a problem? Seriously?
Oh I thought Malek's attitude was bothering you as a player.

On that you are right, an extremely dedicated solar is as extremely dangerous.

Malek has a soft heart (and a violent virtue flaw) and is rather full of his ideas and convictions.

As long as you can "trick him" into doing things right, he'll be unstoppable.

Leave him unchecked and you will inevitably get a First Age Solar catastrophe scenario on your hands, although with that flaw I have considered suicide should we reach a really high end level with this game and Malek realizes he's the one making people suffer.

cyl said:
Until some of us can start claiming lands from the Wyld, we're all part of the maintenance team.
But We're Not All Masons

DB keeps the spirits in check, lunars keep the borders and have a crack at what the solars did in the First Age with their own projects, Siddies tend to the Loom, and solars... well solars were gone so they have no more place, they have to take it.
Observe how many of those can be done without regard to mortals whatsoever.

Leave him unchecked and you will inevitably get a First Age Solar catastrophe scenario on your hands, although with that flaw I have considered suicide should we reach a really high end level with this game and Malek realizes he's the one making people suffer.
We could also eat him.

How much is a talent of jade? I always had the idea that it was A Lot.

Maybe a better question - what is the trade for a talent of jade for jade artifacts, such as armor and weapons?

Observe how many of those can be done without regard to mortals whatsoever.
If you disregard mortals, Deathlords won't.

People will die, shadowlands will grow and Creation will be merged with the Underworld.

What use will all the previously stated tasks have then ?

We could also eat him.
I doubt Flicker would let you do that. :D

Wait until she sees the Cunning Fangs Bloom Decontamination Procedure
If it is what I suspect, remember that the Tower is made of solid stone but the objects within aren't.

@Kacie: Thanks.

I actually thought about what could be practical and Abyssal at the same time. =)

If you want a Scene where to just interact with some of the PCs feel free to open it.

@CI: Since it's your Manse, would you like to open a Scene for Fangs and Mirror?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back