[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I think we'll organize better if we bring everyone in Cross.

Give 30', I'll open a Scene.

Been a misunderstanding, somewhere - Mirror did wait. She came out when Fangs called for her to come out.

CrazyIvan said:
Because it was inevitable anyway.
Definitely not.

I had things planned in an entirely different way, a way that would not have resulted in Tirana being pissed at the Crossers.

This was direct consequence of Mirror stepping forward into Tirana's territory.

Make no mistake.

Your actions COUNT.

Even Walker's death is the result of Cunning Fangs not going to save his ass when she could have predicted the Bloom's effect.

Even that, albeit probable, was not a given.

I am breaking my ass not to railroad you guys along my ideas.

Take responsibility for your actions.

Kacie said:
Been a misunderstanding, somewhere - Mirror did wait. She came out when Fangs called for her to come out.
The suggestion being Mirror should have continued to stay back.

But once Xarvh noted that Tirana's domain extends beyond Sanctuary proper, I made a deliberate decision to give precisely zero fucks. Tirana ate her mate. Pixelbitching with her isn't going to get anywhere. She and Fangs will have it out about the proper role of a host at some point in the future.

Folks, I really thought it was okay to step out when Fangs called. Mirror didn't sneak after Malek or Flicker.

Kacie said:
Folks, I really thought it was okay to step out when Fangs called. Mirror didn't sneak after Malek or Flicker.
Indeed. If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Fangs.

Well, Mirror doesn't know she should be mad at anybody, at the moment, since she has no idea what's going on. ;)

Kacie said:
Oh don't worry Kacie, Malek's pissed at Mirror, but I have nothing against you, it spices things on a diplomatic level and gives me more work for the future ! ;)

CrazyIvan said:
You're assuming I'm not when I'm saying its inevitable.
Yes? oO

Anyway.

Whose fault it is is totally irrelevant: the story hasn't been damaged the slightest, on the contrary.

It seems it was deliberate of Fangs to show to Tirana the importance of her Mate (and Fangs' own independence) and it's her prerogative to do so.

Then we have a mix of Malek's and Flicker impatience and/or bad organization coupled with Mirror's impatience.

Tirana is moderately pissed, is making the rational choice of keeping Fangs off Sanctuary, but her deals with Cross will still be standing.

The real two actual bad things happening here are: 1) Fangs losing Tirana's direct mentorship, and 2) Shiana will ask for damages on behalf of Sanctuary, coming with the next Scene.

The importance is the location.

If she stayed on point we can save the situation, if she has moved and followed us, then we're screwed.

Basically, Fangs called Mirror to come forth, letting her inside Tirana's detection area.

What Xarvh said.

Mirror didn't sneak after Malek and Flicker. She waited, but when Fangs called, she assumed it was okay to come out.

EDIT: Er - though really, I don't think Tirana is going to care where Mirror stood - the spirit of the agreement was "don't tell anyone about us" not "don't let people step in my territory."

Somehow, I don't think 'we left her one foot outside the line, it was her decision to move an extra two feet' will cut ice with Tirana.

I blame Flicker's Solar Bond for her going along with this. :P

xarvh said:
Yes. Generally when you yell at someone to take responsibility for their actions and declare you're not railroading them, it suggests that's what you think they're doing ;)

Once you mentioned the extent of her domain, I did indeed make a deliberate choice, for a number of reasons:

- It's a genuine test of her relationship with Tirana. A two-fold test - whether Tirana trusts her, and whether Tirana considers her inherently a subordinate.

- It's an establishment of Fangs' regard for her mate. Tirana is a mate-eating monster - something Cunning Fangs has never actually chastened her for. This is a somewhat more diplomatic way to do the same thing.

There are other reasons as well, but those are the two major ones. And yes, Cunning Fangs will take care of the damages, though Malek should be careful or he won't have the capacity for speech to ask ;) . Tirana will be made to see reason, or she won't, but Fangs has grown tired of our current diplomatic dance with Sanctuary.

Arynne said:
Somehow, I don't think 'we left her one foot outside the line, it was her decision to move an extra two feet' will cut ice with Tirana.
I blame Flicker's Solar Bond for her going along with this. :P
See my comment about pixelbitching (a reference to the old LucasArts-style adventure games). The letter of the agreement was never going to be a thing with Tirana. She ate her mate.

Kacie said:
What Xarvh said.
Mirror didn't sneak after Malek and Flicker. She waited, but when Fangs called, she assumed it was okay to come out.

EDIT: Er - though really, I don't think Tirana is going to care where Mirror stood - the spirit of the agreement was "don't tell anyone about us" not "don't let people step in my territory."
That's what I'm going to go with when speaking to Shiana.

We did not reveal your location, we simply were in the process of introducing a new member of our community (which is the truth)... and something went wrong.

+ some compensation for the imbroglio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back