[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

@Kacie: Argis social attack overcame the Legion's MDV (even accounting for all intimacies she may have against this kind of things...) so the Legion will need to spend WP to ignore the attack.

So, I made a different sort of thing, but I wasn't sure which bits and pieces of house ruley things to use. Probably there are lots of things I could/should consider differently.

Still think the lunar could be a fun thing though, either way.

Your call.

I should review the DK mechanics, but probably they qualify for starting with Ess 4, even if it wouldn't make much sense drama-wise. oO

All in all, you have better to focus on saving Argis' ass.

Aye sir, ass saving is top priority.

I'm wondering if for the sake of dramatic realism we could have the full sheet of what she'd end up as and then work through the development in a somewhat artificially accelerated manor..

If you want we can have any extra dot converted to XPs and apply them when appropriate.

Yay Kacie!

cyl said:
Snip Lunar stuff...
Do not try this line of reasoning with Fangs. It happens to be a place where she agrees with Tirana, and if you recall the last time Malek and Fangs nearly came to blows, it was over this. Her First Age incarnation also died fighting, so the tail(s) between the legs argument is an especially poor one.

You're also missing the point. It has nothing to do with the moment of Exaltation. It's a historical argument. Note that this is written from an undeniably Lunar-biased perspective, though I've written something similar for Sidereals - I think I actually find them more tragic because their failure is less heroic martyrdom and more...mundane.

The First Age: The Solars are the single most powerful force in Creation, the inheritors of the Unconquered Sun's favor, the rulers of Creation and Primordial-killing superweapons whose defining trait is perfection. That's inherited power. Yes, the Lunars inherited their power as well, but it came with conditions - most notably, having your mind shackled to one of the aforementioned Perfect Golden Killing Machines.

Now: It's actually a stronger argument now. Because the Solars all died during the Usurpation, they've never had to confront the limits of their power. Not really. When they died civilization was at its peak, and they were the undisputed masters of all they surveyed. Solar armies were unstoppable, the Wyld was an entertaining hunting ground, and the Underworld a goth club. Now that they've returned, they are once more the most powerful type of being in Creation, and are entering a Creation that badly needs them.

Compare this to the Lunar experience. You've been hunted - to step foot in Creation proper is to risk being hunted down by Sidereals. So you live at the periphery of the Wyld, risking both your physical and mental form simply to keep existing. Yet you are still the Stewards of Creation. You still have a job, a duty. But there are fewer of you now, you lack the tools you once had. You are lieutenants with no generals. As Bilbo Baggins once put it, like butter spread over too much toast.

You tried, you fought, and you failed. You failed to protect your mate. Your core, your Exaltation, shattered in a way that's arguably worse than an Infernal or Abyssal corruption. At least they still resemble Solars - two of your castes are just gone. And then you failed to defend Creation, the Balorian Crusade sweeping most of it back into the Wyld.

Being a Lunar is entirely about confronting the limits of your power. You're not a Solar. You don't have the tools for this. But that doesn't matter, because the Solars Aren't Here, and you have to try anyway. Consider how many of the Elder Lunar characters are defined by this - Leviathan waiting in his sunken city, Raksi going more than a little insane trying to unlock something that, for a Solar, is an interesting but not particularly challenging Charm. Lilith coming down off a centuries long bender after having her soul used for sport.

A decent image is the Night's Watch in the Game of Thrones. There are too few of you, the prosperous lands of the south have forgotten you, but this is where you must stand, even if you're going to die in the process.

Would you blame one of them for hating Tyrion Fucking Lannister just a bit when he goes to bed on silk sheets in King's Landing?

I'd ask you guys to keep this for the IC, but then we'll miss all the Game of Thrones metaphors, which I for one find especially fitting.

Wow, now we have two exalted in the party who are going to go roaring rampage in the near future..

-- Xarvh: spoiler edited away --

Unfortunately I don't think we could have this kind of exchange IC ('tis why I put the rest in spoilers :) )

Mainly because the sum of our characters knowledge is largely inferior (especially in Malek's case, not so much for Fangs) to ours as players.

Malek would never talk back to an elder or any lunar like this, especially not to Fangs.

It was just fun snarky stuff I thought about when I read Tirana's words.

@CI: you forget a few cases of solars who were not captured in the jade prison (I think there were some 20+ of them).

If Malek's last past live was one of the few who hid in the Invisible Fortress and not an inexperienced young girl who happened to be in the wrong place at the worst time ever, he would have logically went through the exact same crap than the lunars... only worst because unlike lunars he would have been alone with absolutely no one to lead him in the right direction and back him up.

You cannot say to Filial Wisdom's face that he hasn't earned his power for example.

@Feantari: the errata'd Flowing Water Defense imposes a -2 external penalty for a meager 1 mote for 4 actions.

Ah right, I forget about mote discount thing. Its on my to do list... Its a step 2 though, so, he will apply it if she attacks again. He's probably going to combo though in that circumstance.

Ah, yes, I forgot that some dice rollers remember to take 10 as 2 successes; I'm so used to Invisible Castle that I automatically count 10's as 2 successes.

Sorry!

@Feantari:

Empowering Justice Redirection, 2m

(Legion: 11 successes)

What does that do? I don't have that charm handy.

- may be activated in response to any physical attack targetting the martial artiest and notes the attacker and the number of successes rolled for the attack prior to applying the martial artist's defenses

-whenever the martial artst next makes an unarmed attack or counterattack roll against the noted attacker, her roll adds a number of extra successes equal to those noted.

-an attack enhanced with these successes inflicts its usual type of damage, but the actual levels applied to an enemy in step 10 convert into bashing damage that cannot spill over past incapacitated to impose lethal wounds

-if an enhanced attack inflicts any levels of damage, the opponent is automatically knocked prone by the force of the blow

-reactivation of this charm resets the noted aggressor and number of successes replacing any prior activation

Thanks!

Also, Feantari, I am super sorry. I did manage to find a way to justify Legion not killing you!

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back