Dude, Where's the Bus? [ooc]

You don't even know. I've spent all night coding this and writing this stuff up. X__X

So I don't know how it looks or reads or if it even makes sense or will work.

I still have a few things left to do before it's "finished" and I can start looking for players.

I'm online at 3am because I couldn't fall asleep because I'm anxious about classes, which is bad, because I have 3 classes tomorrow from 10am to 7pm.

I'm good at this, I swear.

I decided not to post again until something happens w/the sea monster, since Levi was standing half-way between the serpent and the cave, just staring at what was going on. I won't be back til late tonight though, because of work. If things get moving, just send me along with the people in the cave. @Taokaka has permission to move me around, since I designated her as my good friend, w/her permission.^^ Thanks! Just nothing wild, please. LOL

Girouette said:
Following this is hard -_-
I don't think it's so hard to follow, but if others don't read what each character is doing, then it makes things get muddled up a little bit. For instance, I am still technically on the beach, but there have been posts stating that there are three people on the beach, which gets confusing. I didn't choose invisibility as my power~ LOL (gtg for now people. ttyl tonight)

Honestly I don't see what's so difficult to keep up with xD There is two distinct groups of characters, both reacted differently to the sea monster, one by running to a cave nearby, the other by not really caring and then talking to it. That is literally all that has happened xD

To be honest, you said you were only going to read posts referring to your character, and that's just going to make life hard for you. As a bit of advice from someone who's been RPing for close to 7 years, It's a bad move, you'll miss out on things that are happening around your character that might not directly involve them, but may have an effect, and those can be great things to write about, as they really change situations.

I was the same! :3

Not to mention I live in the UK, so I have to sleep earlier than people in the US, which is where I assume most of this sites members are from. On the plus side, I can catch up on posts before everyone wakes up, lol

It's similar to the fact that the only idea I have of what's going on is that there's a sea monster outside and their in a cave, I was initially confused and thought everyone was inside the cave, so the ones talking to the sea monster were also in side the cave, leading to further confusion.

It's just confusing to have characters all over the place in a single thread, that's why mine has multiple IC threads.

You get used to it, I actually think it's more common for characters to be all over the place that for them to all be lumped together constantly. I used to highlight my posts with a little box at the bottom of my posts saying "Mood, location, and company" but I've not had the need on this site yet. I can imagine it'll be useful in this RP once the characters all split into smaller groups, if they do.

In fact, I think there's BBcode for a little box of some sort on this site... I'll check it out

Yeah, some people do that, I just have a hard time with it... I like to have characters together not by cluttering with other characters in a different group, just confuses me...

Alright, I've used some filler text to highlight what I was meaning, but below is a sample post. I've put the code down below too, because I think it's a really good idea for us to all have the same post skeleton. I mean you don't have to, it's just a suggestion, but it would stop people getting lost, lol.

Milly Dawlish

Mood: Cheerful

Company: Mr Ward, Rosie

Other: Getting kinda cold.
"But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?"

"On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammelled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains."

Code:
[font=CHOSEN FONT][color=COLOUR][sh][b][u]YOUR CHARACTERS NAME[/u][/b][/sh]

[side=right]Mood: 
Other: [/side] YOUR POST BODY HERE

[/color][/font]

I've always found it to be quite useful, personally :)

In saying that, it's something I've only really done in the past... year, or two, maybe? you learn new things all the time.

Lol, I remember someone telling me "Oh, but if you're a good RPer you shouldn't need to be reminded of those things all the time" but when I actually thought about it, there's nothing worse than people assuming your character is somewhere else. It helps, and it's really simple to do :)

(Came back for a few minutes...) I'm not saying it can't be a little difficult w/the amount of posts made, but I managed to catch up reading after sleeping, pretty quickly. I'll be gone for over 12 hours since I'm working overtime, but I'm still going to read everybody's post in case it has some bearing on what I might choose to do. It might be hard, but try to at least skim people's replies. I'm only asking this as an artist, because I know how much work people try to put into their part of the story. To ignore it is to say that your character is the only one that matters. Not you in particular, @Girouette , but in general. For instance, did you notice that I had mentioned your character in one of my earlier posts? No interaction yet, but I wanted to let you know that I was considerate of your idea about being too cute. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
@Giyari

Well, I try to think I'm okay at role playing, but I get way too confused and need to be reminded of things all the time...

@Loki Laevatein

I should have clarified, I'm not ignoring peoples posts, I am trying to read whatever I can, just have a little trouble getting the feel for what's going on, I'm easily confused.

I did read that, actually laughed a little. +1

RPing is all about practice at the end of the day, hell I'm not a master, haha! I find things I can improve on and work on all the time, getting lost and confused in threads was something I dealt with too :P

These days my biggest problem is keeping up a decent level of quality, I find myself slipping as the stories go on, which is bad, and lazy xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back