• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Department of Defense Against the Supernatural- OOC

When should I stop allowing new people to join?

• Eventually but not yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only let 2-3 more in

• Now

• Stop letting New RPers in, but current ones can add characters

• Never

• Total voters
I am currently also engaged in another rp involving the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The character I play is Morpheus/Dream of the Endless :D

[QUOTE="Azure Sky]I am currently also engaged in another rp involving the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The character I play is Morpheus/Dream of the Endless :D

[/QUOTE]
That sounds freaking awesome. Care to distribute a link to it, so I may check it? I'm curious what chars others have done...

I think I'll send you a pm or else it will seem like I'm promoting an RP in the thread of another RP D:

Oh you found it already.

I have a similar organization known as 'Providence', a subdivision of my group I.P.C.A., or International Paranormal Containment Agency. Would you be willing to allow me to participate? I should warn you, it would be multi-para.

[QUOTE="Red X]I have a similar organization known as 'Providence', a subdivision of my group I.P.C.A., or International Paranormal Containment Agency. Would you be willing to allow me to participate? I should warn you, it would be multi-para.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Probably, will you PM me what exactly you were thinking?

Well, if you could simply have her respond to this, it would be wonderful. I'm still new here and I don't know how the messaging system works.

Yeah buddy, she answered above you. @Hel just putt him in some private discussion and get work done... ᵀʰᵃᵗ ˢᵒᵘᶰᵈᵉᵈ ᵏᶦᶰᵏʸ ᵃˢ ˢʰᶦᵗ⋅⋅⋅

Ugh, really Elias? ( ;) )

Anyway, yeah, I'm already on it. Thank you, though!

@Archangel Galdrael I'm waiting on you to reply, that way Victor has time to react and whatnot.

Also, @Barbas are you still being the plague father and whatnot? Or shall I take over for him so that the plot can continue?

Where the hell is everybody? I was gone for 2-3 days in vacation and when I get back nobody is on this. Did everyone just die? We just left the action hanging.

Don't you dare tell me you all quit this xD

Elias said:
Where the hell is everybody? I was gone for 2-3 days in vacation and when I get back nobody is on this. Did everyone just die? We just left the action hanging.
Don't you dare tell me you all quit this xD
I was on a posting order... Waiting for you to reply :3

That's polite, and @Archangel Galdrael However, everyone should be equally susceptible and have weakness- no one is untouchable. Be careful with power playing.

Also... shouldn't the gas be beginning to dissipate, anyway? Ventilation and such? Just a curiosity of mine.

@Archangel Galdrael @Hel

Think about the situation. He's in a deadlock with Liliana, after getting hit with a tentacle. That's pretty much the only reason the spider could be seen as overpowered

If this was a 1v1, the spider would be insignificant. Think about all the other spiders. I mean, he can zip around at an untrackable speed, with enough strength to punch though the body

Direct fighting with the suspect is suicide for Allan. He'd get destroyed. Allan is far from untouchable.

In fact, the way I see it, the suspect pretty much has the definitive advantage in a 1v1.

As for the gas, yes. However, with the now useless frog in hand (and the suspect not capable of knowing), I say it's logical for the suspect to breathe in the gas under the guise of being immune.

But in one post you've made it impossible for Victor to counter in anyway. Not only is he doomed to be crippled by a single insect due to a leg bite, he's also sentenced to inhale unbeatable knock-out gas. I'm fine with losing, but when I don't have a chance, and neither William or Liliana have actually been able to have an effective role in the battle.

@Archangel Galdrael

Impossible? I can think of a good many counters in the situation he's in. Good lord. It's a spider on his leg. It's not like the spider is irremovable

Unbeatable knock-out gas? Hel made a good point with the ventilation.

Liliana and William is the entire reason he's even in that situation in the first place. Liliana's controlling the deadlock, and is back in the battle, while William smacked him into the deadlock. The only reason the spider is on his leg is because of them. Otherwise, it'd just fall to the ground like all the other spiders, while the suspect zips around at teleport speed and punch hole through peoples' chests

If not for them, Allan would certainly likely be dead by now

You bolded the letters as if to add emphasis that Victor was screwed. As if it would happen. You said yourself he'll inhale the gas, regardless of ventilation. He also won't realize the spider is there, which you also pointed out..

@Archangel Galdrael

I can't help but wonder if you're reading my posts clearly? Or if you're reading what you want to

I bolded the words "That much info" to stress that there's no way he'd know that frog is no longer making him immune to the gas.............. because he just snatched it up immediately, and held it to where he could still punch effectively. A grip that's certainly crushing the life out of the frog. That's not overpowered. That's just using your post against you.............and logic. Personally, I find it dumb that he'd hold the frog in his hand, when he could've just pocketed it. Had he did that, he'd be completely immune............... at least until it was un-summoned

I bolded the word "anywhere" to stress that if he got bit on the leg, there's no way he'd be able to run due to the huge wound. Have you ever seen a brown recluse bite?

Not anywhere in my post did I say he would inhale, or that he would get bit. Not anywhere did I say he wouldn't notice the spider

Not anywhere did I bold text to say or emphasize that something would happen

I don't like to make obvious openings to take advantage of in my posts, but I'm free to point out a few

Sorry if any of this sounds rude, but I tend to get a little hardcore when it comes to battle. I read the posts multiple multiple times to find openings, and re-read my own posts to make openings obscure or use misleading (but irrelevant) terms to keep them from figuring out the openings in the first place

To begin with, if he'd pocketed the frog, what was to stop it from hopping right back out? Nothing, that's why he kept hold of it.

Yes, you bolded the words to indicate he couldn't know, only the summoner could know.

How can he counter something he doesn't know is happening? You said it yourself, he won't know he's immune. You made it so Victor can't NOT inhale, since it would be assuming he knows - which he does not, and could not.

Then, Allan summoned - and doubled the power of the recluse - in a fashion which meant Victor could not hear it. This would again indicate he does not know it is there, he's already tangled up with Liliana. He has no free hands to remove the overpowered one-bite paralyzation. Have I seen a recluse bite? No. Have you seen a brown recluse bite a super human?

The way it was worded, made it obvious, that that insect bite would completely nullify Victor's movement.

Given the situation, how does he counter that? He can't possibly not inhale, or be bitten given the context. He's got his hands full with Liliana, he can't know he's no longer immune, or there's a recluse on his leg and it only takes a second or so for the recluse to bite. The moment he can't move, Liliana stomps him in 1v1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back