• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Decadence [Accepting]

"You've taken fucking enough, just let me have this, ok? Just let me live." Vadim kept up the begging, sobs growing more frantic. "Enough. Just enough. Please. Enough." He kept repeating, shuddering violently.
VariksTheLoyal VariksTheLoyal

'Don't panic. Please rest.' The tape spoke, and Kurai slid back away to the door, keeping his back pressed against it in case Vadim kicked off again. His sobbing set him on edge, and without being able to tell what was underneath the furs he didn't dare get closer.
Luxury Hotline Luxury Hotline

"No, no, you're gonna kill the rest and I'll have fucking nobody..." Vadim spoke, voice muffled. He attempted to stand again, staggering towards Kurai. "The police will be nice to you. Just. Talk to Cyrus. Or something." He strained past the words before deciding, fuck it, Russian is easier now, this dude will totally understand. "Do you want to be doing this? You're hesitating so much." He asked, speech a bit less slurred but, of course, in Russian.

'I made a mistake. I don't think I'm supposed to go there. Stay down.' Kurai frantically worked the buttons on the recorder, blindly hoping that he was pressing all the right ones in the right order and being relieved when it came out correctly, though it did nothing for the fear he felt when Vadim began to speak Russian. 'I don't understand.'

"Sorry, sorry..." Vadim slurred, leaning against the door for support. "I said you're hesitating. And I'm confused. You killed everyone else, butchered them like animals. But you're not killing me." He spoke, completely unaware that he was listening to a tape recorder the entire time.

'Please don't do that again. I made a mistake. Stay down. Down. Stay calm.' The tape repeated, and Kurai hit it to get it out of the loop. He looked back at Vadim, trembling from fear. He had to get out somehow. Hunter could be in danger. He could be leading him right into danger if he was in the room any longer, yet he knew he was trapped between the Russian and the heavy door.

"I'm so conf-FUCK!" Vadim yelped as the door flung open, slamming into him and knocking him to the ground.
Hunter burst in, gun aimed at Vadim. Then he caught sight of Kurai and made a gesture like 'the fuck are you doing, i was worried as fuck, what is this?'

'Stay down.' Kurai pointed the knife down at Vadim, then turned to Hunter. 'I don't feel too well. Please assist.' Then he gestured towards Vadim, the knife almost shaking out of his hand as he moved. 'Hurry.'

Hunter got close to Kurai, side-eyeing the trembling Vadim on the floor. "What's going on here?" He whispered lowly, eyes narrowed. "Why isn't he dead?" He glared down at Vadim again, brow furrowed.

"I couldn't see, he was under furs. I wasn't going to stab him and leave a mess to be followed. Lightswitches are outside." Kurai hissed through gritted teeth. "He's drunk. I was going to leave because I think he'll pass this off as a dream or hallucination, but he trapped me between the door and himself."

Hunter grumbled and quickly moved outside to turn on the lights. He ignored Vadim's yelping at the sudden brightness, glaring down at him with disgust before it dawned on him. The office space. The striking similarities. Memories of past news reports. "Kurai." He whispered, pulling the other close to keep his voice low. "Kurai, that's the fucking mafia boss."

Kurai turned to get a proper look at Vadim, heart practically stopping as he realized. "W-what do we do?" he whispered, not sure whether to be thankful that he hadn't killed him yet. Overcome with nerves, he wasn't even sure he could manage it now.

"I don't fucking know, but it doesn't take a damn genius to know what happens when the mafia goes to shit." Hunter replied, trying his best to not raise his voice. "We can't kill him. It's gonna upset so much shit in this city, I've been thinking about it for a while." He sighed, looking back down at Vadim. "But if we don't kill him, we're probably gonna get fucked. So we're fucked either way."

"He said something about going to Cyrus, he's the chief inspector here, right? What if we go to him? Turn ourselves in?" Kurai replied, fully panicking now. Everything inside him screamed to tear the mask off and run, flee across the country all over again and take Hunter with him so they couldn't be found. "We can leave him. He won't remember in the morning. Will he?"

"I...I dunno." Hunter muttered before he had an idea. "Look, bear with me. There's no possible way anyone can be watching us now, right? I'm gonna do my thing." He spoke before moving the slightest bit closer to Vadim. "Hey. Kid. Look at me, I have a favor to ask."
Vadim stared at Hunter with wide eyes, visibly trembling.
"I need a pen and some paper. I'll write down something, and you need to give it to Cyrus or whoever." Hunter spoke.
Vadim nodded towards his desk, wringing his hands and not taking his eyes off Hunter as the taller man went to grab at some loose paper, scrawling down a message on it before folding it.
Hunter sauntered back to the boss, handing him the paper. "We'll leave now. Sorry." He spoke before abruptly bolting out of the room, beckoning for Kurai to follow.

Kurai didn't need telling twice, slamming the door behind him and racing after Hunter. He ran past him and took the stairs two or three at a time, not caring if anyone heard or saw. He just had to get out of that building before it suffocated him. What he was going to say to Hunter and how he was going to apologize for fucking up was barely a thought in his mind as he tumbled out on to the roof.

Hunter took off his mask, moving down the fire escape and making a run for the car. He was more than glad nobody could see his frantic escape. He hopped into the driver's side and started the ignition, panting as he waited for Kurai to get in.

Kurai threw himself in the car sideways, almost hyperventilating as he tore the mask off and shut the door in one motion. He couldn't even remember the last time he screwed up that badly wracking his brain and analyzing the whole thing to work out why it all happened.

Hunter just gunned it back home, forgetting about the pizza and movie marathon he had planned. Once he got up to the driveway, he got himself out of the car, only then realizing he didn't actually close his door properly. He walked inside, leaving the door open for Kurai, and fell onto the couch.

Kurai, still shaking like a leaf, reached across and shut the door for him, then got out the car and stumbled in after him. Dumping everything at his feet, he sank down to the floor, not caring for the speckles of blood he got on the floor. "I am so, so sorry, Hunter."

Hunter reached over and dragged Kurai onto the couch, squeezing him tightly like a stress ball. "It's gonna be ok..." He muttered, though the uncertainty in his voice was clear. "We're gonna be fine. We'll get this sorted out, I promise."

"We have to get out. Leave the state and start over. Texas is nice." Kurai spoke, feeling about ready to start sobbing from the stress. "We're fucked. I fucked us. I don't wanna die, Hunter. We've gotta get out."

"Sh no, listen. Listen here." Hunter spoke softly, trying to keep Kurai calm more than keep himself calm. "You didn't fuck up. If anything, we did the opposite of fuck up. If we killed him, then god knows how it'd affect this damn city. But it'd be going to shit for sure." He explained, letting go of Kurai. "We can take the charges, plead insanity and duress, and be home free in a few without having to worry anymore. But look. We just gotta stop what's happening now because if they sent us to try and kill that kid then I'm sure they're gonna be sending others real fucking soon."

"How the hell are we meant to stop this? This is a whole city. Hundreds of thousands of people. We can't fix all of that." Kurai continued, running a hand back through his hair. "We don't even know who gave us that job, how are we meant to find out? The police are useless, we can't go back to the boss...."

"We tell them about the calls. They can trace the numbers." Hunter explained, holding a hand to Kurai's shoulder. "I've been thinking a long fucking time about all of this, I just didn't think we'd be able to pull it off. We're gonna suffer a little, but we're gonna get out alive. I promise."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back