• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dawn of Abyss

Oh I hate that. I occasionally write stories with whatever idea pops into my head, but I am only good at thinking about the beginning and ending, but never the middle, so I end up just sitting there like a dead fish.

Also, I updated my interest thread, so maybe we'll get some new people.

It needs a little more fleshing out. A lot actually, since DBZ is a very expansive Fandom

Oh, I know, but it has been so long since I watched any Dragon Ball. I'm only now just getting into Super. Got any thoughts?

And frankly speaking, it doesn't have to follow everything from the show or manga itself. The universe is expansive enough.

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]Oh, I know, but it has been so long since I watched any Dragon Ball. I'm only now just getting into Super. Got any thoughts?
And frankly speaking, it doesn't have to follow everything from the show or manga itself. The universe is expansive enough.

[/QUOTE]
You are correct, it doesn't, though there still needs to be something for the players to follow. The interest check labels this a detailed role-play. Even if you don't have to have manga/anime locations, techniques, people, and worlds to the T, it doesn't mean you get to get away with doing nothing, you know?

You, make original worlds and settings then, if you don't want to use those from the source. How does Earth look like in this age? What continents are there? What are the state of the Saiyans? What groups has sprung up? Who are the universal enemies in this time period? Are there new transformations? Is the universe in peril again? How are you handling dimensions and their gods? Where are each set of the Dragon Balls? What worlds will the RP be exploring? All of that has to be touched on.

From what I read, this is not an alternate universe right? You kind of do have to follow everything from the show/manga, if you want to call it a continuation of the series. The only way around this would be to have your RP set in a different dimension. Still, if you ever come into the Main Series' dimension, you have to follow its rules and lore. Yeah, this is a lot to cover, probably something you don't want to hear, but if this is a detailed DBZ role-play, this is what you have to do. People like me would not sign up, if this is what you currently have.

Well, there is a bit of information on the Saiyans and the other races in the Lore tab. I didn't have anything planned for Earth though. The main point of the roleplay was to explore the universe and various planets, at the same time fighting various people, other pirates mostly.

The reason there are more pirates than before is because the universe is at peace and has been for some time. Many people became pirates for various reasons, money, power, love, but all agree that it is a free and exciting life.

As for dimensions, the Otherworld and Hell are a given, though we'd follow the concept of losing your body when you die, so no one could go rampaging after they've died.

Gods...I guess they are left as they are? They are immortal over all, and the majority of them don't take an active role in the Universe anyway. Unless there is a need for it, we probably won't meet any higher beings.

Dragon Balls are a complex thing. The Namekian's have their Dragon Balls spread out over their planet, with only the Grand Elder keeping his with him at all times, even when going off world.

Earth's Dragon Balls are kept under lock and key, only being brought out for great disasters.

This is good. Now you just need to compile it all and put it into some kind of tab. It will be tedious but that's the only way to make sure your role-play is clear to everyone involved. Super introduced something you may need to add in, but as long as you have the core ideas, it should be okay.

Something else you may want to look at is the fighting. There's no going around it. Hell, I want to fight in this role-play. Mainly as a Saiyan. Do you have a system for it? It's possible to do free-form, but if you don't have much experience moderating fights, it could destroy the role-play.

So the RP is going to take place primarily in space with occasional visits to planets? Who's going to make the planets? You or the RPers? Is there a moving plot going on besides being pirates?

I'll put all the information together in a bit. It is best to brainstorm everything before adding it. Are you talking about the Super Dragon Balls or the God Ki?

I was thinking that battles would be handled before the fight even started. People could either agree on who would win, or in the times when they can't, we could roll die and play highest number. If you've got a better idea, I'd be happy to hear it.

I'll make some planets, but I'd also accept it if other people have good ideas for planets.

I have the makings of an actual story in my back pocket. I wasn't going to commit to a story until I had enough people who would continue to participate.

Yup, the Super Dragon Balls. If this is not AU, you can be sure there will be those that want to experience everything the Canon world had to offer.

As for the fighting, depends on what you want. You want long formulas? A formal dice system? Or something custom? Simple? Or Complex? Allows for power growth? Or one level? It depends on what you want to do with this RP. What you want comes first, all the systems to handle that comes second.

Okay on the planets. Here is what will put the icing on the cake. NPC. I'll be honest, that will be the hardest part to do if you want to make a solid role-play for DBZ. Not only do they need their own unique personalities, but DBZ is very empty on races besides Saiyans. You'll probably find yourself having to make up information to fill in the blanks of other cultures. It'd be very time-consuming.

For the story ( :P ). I hope you have a good outline of it. People I've seen who've said they had the plot but hidden, most times end up putting out something that wasn't thought through, or failed to take into account players derailing it. Once the derailment happens, they have nothing to fall back on and everything turns into a mess. Make sure you build your story for that.

It required God's to gather the Super Dragon Balls, as well as speak the language. If those Dragon Balls ever came into play, it'd be later on in the rp.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do battle wise to be truthful. Maybe we'll add numerical values to energy and attacks..I'm not sure.

NPCs are going to be a pain in the butt. I'll get through it somehow though.

Yeah, that is what I'm most afraid of. A long time ago, when I first started roleplaying, I created a roleplay that was about Time Travelers and their exploits throughout time, but everyone had so many ideas that the story eventually just fell apart. It worked out in the end, but the original ideas I'd had at the time ended up being unused.

[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]It required God's to gather the Super Dragon Balls, as well as speak the language. If those Dragon Balls ever came into play, it'd be later on in the rp.
I'm not quite sure what I want to do battle wise to be truthful. Maybe we'll add numerical values to energy and attacks..I'm not sure.

NPCs are going to be a pain in the butt. I'll get through it somehow though.

Yeah, that is what I'm most afraid of. A long time ago, when I first started roleplaying, I created a roleplay that was about Time Travelers and their exploits throughout time, but everyone had so many ideas that the story eventually just fell apart. It worked out in the end, but the original ideas I'd had at the time ended up being unused.

[/QUOTE]
Well at least now you know what you have to do. That is a very good position to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back