• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Collapse Point // Acheron Lobby (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Right, how do you plan on handling character death? Do we even die permanently when we’re already in Hell?

Right, how do you plan on handling character death? Do we even die permanently when we’re already in Hell?
Technically, the current train crew sounds more like purgatory status than hell, tbh. It'd be funny if someone died and they turn into one of the minibosses. But that's just a hypothesis.

The characters that were resurrected by the Administrator never went to Hell. They were revived from the depths of purgatory, where they were being punished for their sins. This is against the natural order, so if the characters were to die during their fight in the Scarlet Singularity (which is Hell), they would be permanently destroyed, leaving not even a soul to be spared.

Essentially, reincarnation for the second time is impossible when's soul has entered Hell, as that is a realm with its own laws and order.

Character deaths that occur outside the Scarlet Singularity, such as in the Acheron Helldiver or the sectors of Romanticide, will have stats deducted as punishment, but because the Administrator can revive them infinitely, they will not die.

I've submitted my character, but it seems to be awaiting moderator approval given I'm still under the site wide restrictions imposed on new accounts. It will probably take a minute. To ask something relevant, how will the levels and their respective time limits (12 Hours Preparation. 12 Hours Completion.) play into the pacing and structuring of the RP? From what I've seen this appears like a casual "Villain of the Week" setup. We'll battle against an archetypical antagonist in a preselected stage with various oddities and unique circumstances. Whoever survives gets to move onto the next stage of hell, rinse and repeat.

That makes for a fast paced yet consistent story that doesn't really hit any hiccups aside from dropping those unable to "prepare in time". If it turns out we simply can't muster a team well enough to defeat the end boss or his highest ranking then that's merely the stage we could reach and nothing more. Maybe afterward you could host another Romanticide with a new host of characters/willing participants? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Stros Stros Welcome to RPN! Ya just gotta comment 10 posts here in the OOC and you'll be good to go. Site's got that anti-bot procedure going.

Also, Father Martin be like:

Well, in the unfortunate event where everyone else is dead or wounded, having high mobility helps when fleeing, I hope?
Mobility would certainly benefit from urgent withdrawals, indeed. I am sure there would be other handy uses. I wouldn't wish to restrict people's creativity; that would be no fun.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Thanks. Yeah, I noted that when I reviewed the automatic DM you receive upon joining. Though posting 10 times just for the sake of it causes just as much spam in my opinion.

Lol. I don't think his English will be quite so broken, but Andersen was a consideration for inspiration. Father Martin would be more like:

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Thanks. Yeah, I noted that when I reviewed the automatic DM you receive upon joining. Though posting 10 times just for the sake of it causes just as much spam in my opinion.

Lol. I don't think his English will be quite so broken, but Andersen was a consideration for inspiration. Father Martin would be more like:

Ah. I was not quite particular about the voice acting. More so the intent portrayed. Haha. But yeah.

I suppose. But it is also to get the newbies to participate in existing threads, ask quechons, and et cetera before jumping in hot with a CS.

I've submitted my character, but it seems to be awaiting moderator approval given I'm still under the site wide restrictions imposed on new accounts. It will probably take a minute. To ask something relevant, how will the levels and their respective time limits (12 Hours Preparation. 12 Hours Completion.) play into the pacing and structuring of the RP? From what I've seen this appears like a casual "Villain of the Week" setup. We'll battle against an archetypical antagonist in a preselected stage with various oddities and unique circumstances. Whoever survives gets to move onto the next stage of hell, rinse and repeat.

That makes for a fast paced yet consistent story that doesn't really hit any hiccups aside from dropping those unable to "prepare in time". If it turns out we simply can't muster a team well enough to defeat the end boss or his highest ranking then that's merely the stage we could reach and nothing more. Maybe afterward you could host another Romanticide with a new host of characters/willing participants? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
You are mostly correct. As for your inquiry, I plan on writing GM posts that'll show how much time the players have before the Scarlet Singularity. The pacing will depend on how fast the posts cycle, and how consistent I am with my updates.

I am sure everyone is at least capable of a one-week post rate. Any later wouldn't be frowned upon, but being unable to post even a paragraph per week would spell some trouble. Admittedly, I have no contingency plan for those who cannot oblige to the one-week (or two weeks) posting policy. An idea, however, that I have thought of as a countermeasure would be to give them an IC chance to catch up with the others.

I am against demanding the players to match my preference. If the majority fancy a more slow-paced roleplay, than I will constrain. I would much rather see this roleplay succeed other than having it die on the long run, so if it's beneficial to the survival of the game, I will necessitate.

Of course, if the players are incapable of defeating the ultimate boss of the Scarlet Singularity, there will be consequences. Not a complete reset, as personally, I would hate to repeat from the beginning. Perhaps it is because I am the sole game master that I would not desire to run another "Collapse Point: Romanticide", UNLESS it does not start on the first floor, but whichever floor they were defeated.

Ah. I was not quite particular about the voice acting. More so the intent portrayed. Haha. But yeah.

I suppose. But it is also to get the newbies to participate in existing threads, ask quechons, and et cetera before jumping in hot with a CS.
Yeah. The voice acting just made me smirk. Andersen is insanely devoted though.

True enough. I believe the lurkers like myself who just pop in with a CS unannounced to the community are the outliers.

All the recent characters are looking pleasant. The diversity of the characters is refreshing as well. Father Martin, in particular, seems like he'll make biblical assumptions and try to get answers from the Administrator.

You are mostly correct. As for your inquiry, I plan on writing GM posts that'll show how much time the players have before the Scarlet Singularity. The pacing will depend on how fast the posts cycle, and how consistent I am with my updates.

I am sure everyone is at least capable of a one-week post rate. Any later wouldn't be frowned upon, but being unable to post even a paragraph per week would spell some trouble. Admittedly, I have no contingency plan for those who cannot oblige to the one-week (or two weeks) posting policy. An idea, however, that I have thought of as a countermeasure would be to give them an IC chance to catch up with the others.

I am against demanding the players to match my preference. If the majority fancy a more slow-paced roleplay, than I will constrain. I would much rather see this roleplay succeed other than having it die on the long run, so if it's beneficial to the survival of the game, I will necessitate.

Of course, if the players are incapable of defeating the ultimate boss of the Scarlet Singularity, there will be consequences. Not a complete reset, as personally, I would hate to repeat from the beginning. Perhaps it is because I am the sole game master that I would not desire to run another "Collapse Point: Romanticide", UNLESS it does not start on the first floor, but whichever floor they were defeated.
Interesting. So something akin to Majora's Mask where we have X time before the moon crushes us? Fair enough.

You would be surprised, but I would agree a paragraph a week is nothing outrageous to expect. That's pretty light compared to other RPs I've been in so hopefully encourages routine posting. Hmm. How would that work specifically? Would it be a matter of that their character "flinched" or possibly were intimidated into a flight or flight response, but ended up freezing?

Funny enough, ironic really, it's the more slow-paced roleplay that die in the long run in my experience. However, I can understand wanting to please everyone involved.

It would be quite time consuming to restart all over again you're right, and with a setting you've already explored in depth it would get boring. It could be that the main cast "reappears" a short time later with new members or better prepared and you can then simply play out the final fight again, but with a bit of variation.

All the recent characters are looking pleasant. The diversity of the characters is refreshing as well. Father Martin, in particular, seems like he'll make biblical assumptions and try to get answers from the Administrator.
If the opportunity presents itself. I had intended alongside adding to the statistical diversity to present a character who was pleased or happy about the current situation. My concepts were between a Priest such as Father Martin and a convicted prisoner who was aptly named Cage. I admittedly went for a less intense personality with Father Martin. In place of being on par with Father Andersen in his fanatical devotion to punishing sinners and eliminating its existence. He's more based on the archetype of Saint Christopher who's known for guiding people across a river and ferrying the child of Christ. I've already imagined he'll see this situation as a task assigned to him by the Lord in order to insure the safe travel of this rag-tag team to reaching the Scarlet Singularity.

You would be surprised, but I would agree a paragraph a week is nothing outrageous to expect. That's pretty light compared to other RPs I've been in so hopefully encourages routine posting. Hmm. How would that work specifically? Would it be a matter of that their character "flinched" or possibly were intimidated into a flight or flight response, but ended up freezing?
Something of that sort. It'll be a range of things. A chance to gain stats points by dealing with low-tier monsters and grouping with others who can assist. I expect a lot of teamwork, and considering "Executive" will be present 24/7 to monitor their progress and answer all questions related to the Scarlet Singularity and the system, she'll help tremendously.

It would be quite time consuming to restart all over again you're right, and with a setting you've already explored in depth it would get boring. It could be that the main cast "reappears" a short time later with new members or better prepared and you can then simply play out the final fight again, but with a bit of variation.
I am not opposed to that idea.

If the opportunity presents itself. I had intended alongside adding to the statistical diversity to present a character who was pleased or happy about the current situation. My concepts were between a Priest such as Father Martin and a convicted prisoner who was aptly named Cage. I admittedly went for a less intense personality with Father Martin. In place of being on par with Father Andersen in his fanatical devotion to punishing sinners and eliminating its existence. He's more based on the archetype of Saint Christopher who's known for guiding people across a river and ferrying the child of Christ. I've already imagined he'll see this situation as a task assigned to him by the Lord in order to insure the safe travel of this rag-tag team to reaching the Scarlet Singularity.
Father Martin will face many challenges, certainly. I should say this beforehand - but the garments that "Executive" wears as decoration on her grey attire will resemble a cross, which is a hint that will direct the players to the truth behind the Administrator and his group. It seems the two of them will share a lot of dialogue, which I look forward to with great interest.

Father Martin will face many challenges, certainly. I should say this beforehand - but the garments that "Executive" wears as decoration on her grey attire will resemble a cross, which is a hint that will direct the players to the truth behind the Administrator and his group. It seems the two of them will share a lot of dialogue, which I look forward to with great interest.
I notice now she does have earrings of the Cross of Saint Peter along with the golden piece holding her cloak in place. I'll use their interactions as an excuse to do more reading/research into Theology.

Generally speaking, you’ll need a strict posting schedule for most cases, or the RP will just die slowly, with people who posted early losing motivation to post at that same speed and consistency when they realize there’s no point in doing so if the plot doesn’t progress for a month owing to others only posting sporadically.

If everyone agrees that a post a week is reasonable, hold them to that expectation. And honestly, the trouble with writing posts isn’t the length of a post, but the starting of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back