• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (CLOSED) Supers, High School Edition

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]

260102.gif

[/QUOTE]
you don't want to, go back thor and let me look at your beautiful hair

20131112-093314.jpg

[/QUOTE]
makes everything better.

but....i think we can wrap up the dance. is everyone ok doing wrap up posts? And I'll start school for that monday before I go to work?

Brinni said:
Honestly, for a "detailed" rp that's even worse. I think @SkyMedic007 has contributed more to the story in the half dozen or so posts that he made a while back than I think your characters have done combined. If you are going to be part of an rp specifically designated detailed you can't be lazy about it. I'm guilty of half assing a couple posts or being minimalistic here and there. I freely admit that, but I always try to contribute to the story somehow even if it's to push things along. And more often than not I overdo it on my next post to make up for it.
Ouch. That stings but I deserve it. If all my posts so far are this noncontributing to the plot line you had in mind then I'm sorry. I will willingly admit that I haven't put much effort into my characters in several of their posts. This is mainly due to just being busy OOC, or putting too much focus on a certain character at the moment, as I am doing right now with Ember and Allysia, or as I did with Rachel earlier. Allysia is half-assed at best at the moment because I haven't quite worked her out yet and all that shit. But I have consistently put effort into my Ember posts, and my Rachel posts as well, as much as I would like to believe, I am trying to impact the plot and character relationships as best I can with the two of them. (I let out the Beast like 3 times in one day to try and impact shit), because I was not here earlier in the first dozen or so pages, so I felt like I had to do something to make up for my previous absence. The whole Ember/Nia fight was supposed to shake things up, as is Rachel meant to shake literally everything up around her. Apparently if that isn't enough then I am not good enough for this RP at all. Sorry to let you down. And to be quite frank, none of my characters are supposed to be important, with the exception of Rachel, although that is later on and may not even happen at all.

The Suspicious Eye] [CENTER][IMG]http://thefunniestpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/260102.gif[/IMG][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Welcome. We're just finally talking about my failures. [QUOTE=CosmicChangeling] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7258-sirderpingtoniv/ said:
@SirDerpingtonIV[/URL] @Homage @Brinni @My Pet Poro @The Suspicious Eye @SassyWobuffet
I get very caught up and swept in stories, I begin blocking and setting up future events. This passion can lead to me being to eager, and aggressive when I see potential in characters and where they can go...it can be beautiful or it rears an ugly head in me. I'm sorry Derp. I think I'm mostly frustrated because two years ago you were in the original and you and I bounced off eachother very well. I could be trying to recreate the magic and forcing something that isn't there this go around.

I don't want you getting lost, Derp. And it's part of my neurotic behavior worrying you will get lost on the two seperate plots forming that I'm being more aggressive to get you in.

Everyone here knows i post like a fiend and probably need to calm my tits on the posting level I do. That said....if everyone wants to wrap up the dance in the next couple of posts we can. starting fresh on school monday might be easier....
It's alright. I don't blame you for any of this. I've just changed a lot since two years ago, and I sincerely apologize if I have let you down or hurt your feelings or anything. I am reluctant to join these plots because my characters don't have much reason to actually even be involved. As much as Rachel thinks she loves Aiden, she hates/fears Lexi more, and the Beast more than that. Perhaps this was just bad characterization I will try to get myself involved and make more posts and all but it's going to take time, as I am lazy and not as "together" as I was two years ago. Sorry.

CosmicChangeling said:
makes everything better.
but....i think we can wrap up the dance. is everyone ok doing wrap up posts? And I'll start school for that monday before I go to work?
I will try.

260102.gif

[/QUOTE]
Exactly how I felt. I took the time to re-read everything. I think it can all get better, people just seem really stressed and because this RP is often used as a stress relief outlet for a lot of us people are blowing up. It's like having a family like mine. Everything is okay most of the time, but every once and a while we have to fight everything out that's been stressing us out.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Ouch. That stings but I deserve it. If all my posts so far are this noncontributing to the plot line you had in mind then I'm sorry. I will willingly admit that I haven't put much effort into my characters in several of their posts. This is mainly due to just being busy OOC, or putting too much focus on a certain character at the moment, as I am doing right now with Ember and Allysia, or as I did with Rachel earlier. Allysia is half-assed at best at the moment because I haven't quite worked her out yet and all that shit. But I have consistently put effort into my Ember posts, and my Rachel posts as well, as much as I would like to believe, I am trying to impact the plot and character relationships as best I can with the two of them. (I let out the Beast like 3 times in one day to try and impact shit), because I was not here earlier in the first dozen or so pages, so I felt like I had to do something to make up for my previous absence. The whole Ember/Nia fight was supposed to shake things up, as is Rachel meant to shake literally everything up around her. Apparently if that isn't enough then I am not good enough for this RP at all. Sorry to let you down. And to be quite frank, none of my characters are supposed to be important, with the exception of Rachel, although that is later on and may not even happen at all.
Welcome. We're just finally talking about my failures.

It's alright. I don't blame you for any of this. I've just changed a lot since two years ago, and I sincerely apologize if I have let you down or hurt your feelings or anything. I am reluctant to join these plots because my characters don't have much reason to actually even be involved. As much as Rachel thinks she loves Aiden, she hates/fears Lexi more, and the Beast more than that. Perhaps this was just bad characterization I will try to get myself involved and make more posts and all but it's going to take time, as I am lazy and not as "together" as I was two years ago. Sorry.
Jean has no reason to be involved. Feel free to interact with him, he is still meeting all of these people. Outside of him being in love with Min and wanting to ruin Léon's life I have nothing else to do in the other scenes (I made some other stuff because of the Sarah scenes) but my character has a lot of downtime. Hell I even wrote him out of the scene in part reason because of that (the other parts are it's finals week and I let the existential dread about my love life set in again, which was my own mistake) So if you ever need to find someone to interact with but don't have someone my character is probably available. As far as not being ready for a character to be there, my best suggestion is to write her out and then bring her back in when you are comfortable. I have read your writing and can see your potential, I want to see everything though, I am brand new to role playing in general so I get everything about how to properly do it from reading off you guys, you tend to have tragic characters, and mine is quite tragic himself, so just y'know show me how it's done because as they say in french, Je ne sais pas ce quelle le baiser que je fais, or in laymans terms: I have no idea what the fuck I am doing

[QUOTE="My Pet Poro]I too, am homeless.

[/QUOTE]
Dude Irl? There are tons of great shelters around. I prefer them over hostels, because who just loves random bedmates screaming in the middle of the night.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Dude Irl? There are tons of great shelters around. I prefer them over hostels, because who just loves random bedmates screaming in the middle of the night.

[/QUOTE]
I was being a sarcastic asshole. No, i'm not homeless. I am sitting at my desk typing to you right now :D

[QUOTE="My Pet Poro]I was being a sarcastic asshole. No, i'm not homeless. I am sitting at my desk typing to you right now :D

[/QUOTE]
Oh, lol. Homeless people can have computers and some shelters have computer rooms. But for real, hostels are NEVER a good idea. I thought I was going to die and I was in a nicer one.

I've also been making nearly every single post on mobile.

[QUOTE="My Pet Poro]Exactly how I felt. I took the time to re-read everything. I think it can all get better, people just seem really stressed and because this RP is often used as a stress relief outlet for a lot of us people are blowing up. It's like having a family like mine. Everything is okay most of the time, but every once and a while we have to fight everything out that's been stressing us out.
Jean has no reason to be involved. Feel free to interact with him, he is still meeting all of these people. Outside of him being in love with Min and wanting to ruin Léon's life I have nothing else to do in the other scenes (I made some other stuff because of the Sarah scenes) but my character has a lot of downtime. Hell I even wrote him out of the scene in part reason because of that (the other parts are it's finals week and I let the existential dread about my love life set in again, which was my own mistake) So if you ever need to find someone to interact with but don't have someone my character is probably available. As far as not being ready for a character to be there, my best suggestion is to write her out and then bring her back in when you are comfortable. I havie read your writing and can see your potential, I want to see everything though, I am brand new to role playing in general so I get everything about how to properly do it from reading off you guys, you tend to have tragic characters, and mine is quite tragic himself, so just y'know show me how it's done because as they say in french, Je ne sais pas ce quelle le baiser que je fais, or in laymans terms: I have no idea what the fuck I am doing

[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Will try and interact with Jean. No way in hell that can grow wrong for anyone involved.... Right? And I will try to write Allysia out.

Also all my characters are walking tornadoes of self-loathing and turmoil. I am not the best for advice

I'm surprised. I didn't see one star wars reference within the last two days here. But tonight...drinks! To celebrate the end of semester

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I want to atlratt get Rachel and Lux there for a bit. Make up for not being there previously
Homage is right you don't have to have every character in a scene. If things are winding down I'd rather jump start with class at mr. Elastics

But I'm gonna leave it to everyone here

Homage said:
Yay, Lux, Louise, DuValt, and Nia all get to spend their days with the Nurse.
She should be back to normal nowear. It's not like she has to constantly heal people all day every day.

NO ONE IS THAT STUPID TO DROP PEOPLE OFF THEIR ON A REGULAR BASIS IN DRONES THROUGHOUT THE DAY EVERY DAY FOR MONTHS

*glares at lexi*

CosmicChangeling said:
She should be back to normal nowear. It's not like she has to constantly heal people all day every day.
NO ONE IS THAT STUPID TO DROP PEOPLE OFF THEIR ON A REGULAR BASIS IN DRONES THROUGHOUT THE DAY EVERY DAY FOR MONTHS

*glares at lexi*
Lexi's personality is enough to make everyone (except puppy Aiden) upset even without the fear of her powers from the incident. Overworking the nurse and blipping people around all the time.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Lexi's personality is enough to make everyone (except puppy Aiden) upset even without the fear of her powers from the incident. Overworking the nurse and blipping people around all the time.
Pssh she's entertaining to the media.

The school knows her as a hero.

She won over the camera crew with her story.

She got mr. Elastic who hates everyone to train her.

She talks the talk but walks the walk. Owns up to her mistakes and tries to get better.

She just rubs YOU the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back