• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Classic Fantasy: Gathered Misfits

...I cannot continue my post because I can't think of this word, and it's pissing me off so much. Oh my God.

@Cookie the Brave

Well, it's an action and a position. A lying down position, specifically. I guess the easiest way to describe is this: Imagine a stereotypical battlefield. A soldier is crouching behind cover when he sees a grenade thrown towards him. Not having time to chunk the explosive back towards the enemy, he throws himself away from it, landing on the ground with his hands protecting the back of his head. I'm trying to think of the word for what position he's in, just lying there...

Like, I know the word, but I don't. Ugh.

Why not save yourself the trouble and just explain the position and why he's in it? It's easier and faster to write. Besides, I think that position is called 'cowaring'

wrong! the word's 'prone'. Like, snipers. Snipers prone, then they get up and move. So a good way of wording is 'Prone facedown, hands behind their head.'

@Cookie the Brave

The thing is is that it's not cowering, though. .w. I dunno... Nyeh. I'll just put that there because it's frustrating me.

@Alstromeria

Actually, in that sense, prone is an adjective; not a verb. However, I understand your answer. Thank you though. ^^

@Javax Actually, I'm going to take the wrong here but I just looked into it. Apparently it is an adjective that is describing someone who's laying face down. You'd have to mention the hands on the neck but other than that the position is known as 'prone'

@Cookie the Brave

...That's really awkward, as I've always known the word to be an adjective. Well, I've already placed the word "cower" and it actually kind of works, so I'll keep it. I appreciate the input and help, though. (<3)

Oh would you look at that. That there's a reply. I told you Roxii would return. ;D

well, i guess ill do one more post then go to bed, i aint got nuthin to do tomorrow other than go to church.

This is when I wish we were all in the same time zone so that we could all post at same/similar times and have similar deadlines. It'd be wonderful.

Yeah. I'm gonna retire for the night as well. I have a fairly long day tomorrow... Anyway, g'night, guys. ^^

Night you two..

@Javax Is it okay if Sibel tries out new remedies on Roxii like she's doing on Gregory? I mean, if you say no I'm more than happy not to let that happen but I think it might be interesting for Sibel to try some new things out on the injured assassin. Might even give her certain benefits and such..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back