Childhood Demons

((It's fine))

Tacey wandered over to where Lanny was attempting to relight the fire and failing miserably at it. "Lanny..?" She said softly, sitting down next to him. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye before returning to his task. "So, your powers haven't come back yet?" She inquired, only to earn herself a look.

Marceline scrathes Zane who sits up and frownd "Woopsie sorry Marcie." he laughs an gets up. He pulls on a shirt and walks outside "Tacey?" he walks towards the fires and sees her. He smiles but frowns as he sees Lanmy

Tacey smiled as she heard Zane. "Yes..?" She said, turning around to face him. "I was just checking up on Lanny..." At that moment, Lanny grumbled something that sounded like he didn't need checked up on. Tacey rolled her eyes at him. "Well, someone's cranky this morning.." She mumbled."

Zane laughs slightly and sits down next to Tacey "Does he have hos powers back?" Zane looks at Tacey then at Lanmy. He frowns slightly and looks around then back at the fire. He was uncomfterable for some reason.

Lanny sighed. "Does it look like I have my powers back..?" He grumbled before turning his attention back to the fire. Tacey gave Lanny a look before glancing back over at Zane.

(so can we just start?) Nathaniel was sitting in the woods outside the camp reading one of his favorite books, and playing with a shadow raven he had animated.

Zane frowns slightly at Tacey "Maybe I should go for a walk." he gets up and asent mindedly starts to walk in the direction of his old village. Towards where sky currently lived. They lived next to each other. There was even a path tranpled into the dirt from Zane's room to Sky's window.

Tacey turned her attention back to Lanny s Zane left. "Alright spill. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't willing to hear you out..?" She said softly.

Looking at her out of the corner of his eye, Lanny sighed. "You should know what's wrong with me. Maddie, you know I care for you. You know I would never willingly hurt you. I've been with you since the beginning. Why not me...?" He asked almost desperately as he turned to face her.

"Lanny, I think of you as an older brother. That's why..."

Zane walks into the forest, close enough so that Tacey wouldn't be hurt. He comes across a cliff. It over looked his old village. He could see his old house from there. He sits on the edge of the cliff and looks down. He was lonely. "Almira?" he mutters then looks down again. "I wonder if Children die." he looks at the ground at the bottom of the cliff

Almira appeared on the cliff. Her hair was a mess and her cloak was haphazardly strewn across her shoulders. It was obvious she had just woken up. "You called..?" She said, a yawn escaping her despite her best efforts.

"How far could I get from Tacey with out hergerling any pain?" Zane raised an eyebrow and looks out at the village. He frowns and looks at Almira. "I want to see a... Friend." he frowns slightly

"Not very far.. You're probably making her slightly uncomfortable just by being this far.." Almira said, a frown on her face. "However.. I could buy you some freedom for a little while. You won't like how I'm gonna do it though..."

"What do I have to do?" Zne frowns and looks at her, standing up on the edge of the cliff. He walks next to her and leans against a rock lookig at her curiously

Almira smiled. "You don't have to do anything, just wait here until I come back. just swear you won't get mad at me when you realize what I did..." She said, looking at him. She knew that Tacey was gonna be a bigger problem then he was gonna be about her temporary solution.

"I want to know what the solutio is before you do it" Zane frowns and looks at Almira. Then back at the cliff. He wasn't sucidal but for some reason he wanted to jump off the cliff. It would be thrilling. He grins and steps to the cliff's wdge. He wouldn't do it.

Almira sighed. Here was where things got tricky. "Well... I could free you from your bond to her, but only if someone else took your place... Meaning that if Lanny bit her, you would be able to roam for a little while..."

Zane sits down and sighs. "I want to go see a girl named Sky. Her and I grew up together, and before I died we were kinda a thing. I want to go see her, but I can't take Tacey with me, and I can't leave her with Lanny."

"I'm sure she'll be fine with Lanny for a little while. I'll try to explain things to her. Trust me. You'll both be happier in the long run." Almira said, a smile on her face.

Zane frowns "Fine. Fine." he shakes his head. He only agreed because she said it would be better for Tacey in the long run. He looks at Almira and frowns

Almira waved. "I'll be right back.." She said before disappearing into the shadows. A moment later she reappeared in camp behind Lanny and Tacey. "Lanny." Almira said, causing the two of them to turn and look at her. "Bite Tacey."

Tacey's jaw dropped as a grin spread across Lanny's face. He leaned forward and sank his teeth into her neck. She hit him in response.

"Now, Lanny, before you get all overly cocky on us and stuff. This is only temporary. Zane had somewhere to go and he couldn't take Tacey along." Almira noticed that Tacey opened her mouth to say something. "Trust me, Tacey. It will make him happier." Tacey sighed, but kept quiet. Almira disappeared back into the shadows and returned to the cliff. "There. Everything is set."

Zane smiles "Great. Thanks. " He stands up and wipes his hands off on his pants. He slowly starts to decend down a steep hill down to the village. He had to be careful to make sure no one saw him. He sighs as he sees Sky's old house. He didn't know if she still lived there. He walks around back to her bedroom window and taps on the window.

((Would you mind playing Sky, for now atleast. I don't think I'll make her permenant.))

((Not sure if I can live up to your expectations for her, but I can try))

Inside the room, Sky climbed out of bed and stumbled over to the window. She had been sleeping so peacefully to. Rubbing her eyes, she gasped as she seen who was outside. "Zane..?!" She exclaimed as she slid the window open. Was she still dreaming?

((Eh, don't really have any expectations for her. :P ))

Zane jumps up and slides onto the window sill. He swings his legs inside and sits there. He smiles and looks at her "Oh, sorry did I wake you Sky? I can always come back later." He knew he probably couldn't. He grins anyway though. It was nice to see he again.

"It's fine." She said as she looked at him with wide eyes. She couldn't believe that he was here and this was happening. "I thought that you were..." She trailed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back