• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

So for any that are still up, this problem has been keeping me up, so much that I've been doing research. So Zak's Sapphire (Horsea) has Sniper as he ability. Now game wise, sniper increases damage by 1.5 when it's only a crit. And a crit increases damage by 1.5. Now I've learned Scope Lense increases a crit chance by +1 (12.5% chance). Furthermore, the Focus Energy increases crit chance by +2 (50% chance). Combine both of these and you get +3 (100%) which means every hit with land a crit, which is then boosted by sniper.

So all that together, the damage from hits gets multiplied by 2.25. Now I've been trying to do the math to see what that 2.25 really means, but Pokemon math is confusing. Either way, this is clearly broken, at least in my eyes.

Now what I'm trying to get at is, how could I implement this into the rp?

I was thinking that sniper would gift the user with very strong, keen eyesight. Allowing the user to spot weak spots, or aim perfectly at a vital spot. Then I was picturing the scope lense to be something that resembles a sayain scouter, further amplifying the users eyesight.

I believe this would make the user extremely OP, they would never miss their target and they would always hit a weak/vital spot very hard.

So what do you guys think? I was thinking with just sticking with the keen eyesight, but that in itself could be OP.

EDIT : I realize I should be asking @Elysium directly

Last edited by a moderator:
EXPMIRACLE said:
Hm... I should make up an excuse to randomly attack someone.
With only a pichu? I mean no offense but, no one would take that seriously. Your pichu is a newborn too right?

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]With only a pichu? I mean no offense but, no one would take that seriously. Your pichu is a newborn too right?

[/QUOTE]
Not just Pichu. I'm thinking about fighting after the timeskip for some... Preparations. And yeah, she's a newborn.

EXPMIRACLE said:
Not just Pichu. I'm thinking about fighting after the timeskip for some... Preparations. And yeah, she's a newborn.
Oh, I was under the impression Gallade wasn't yet capable of combat. My mistake.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]Oh, I was under the impression Gallade wasn't yet capable of combat. My mistake.

[/QUOTE]
You're kind of right, Gallade won't be capable of battle for awhile.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]And now there's shirtless eye-candy walking down the streets with children and pokemon in tow xD

[/QUOTE]
Is it cool if I have Gregor meet up with Dante in Lillycove? So when Aphrodite finds Dante the detective can tag along to Alaric's house.

@Onikmey At some point, we should have Baelok and Nyx meet. It would be interesting to see creation meet creator, especially now that they're in the same position.

KageYuuki said:
@Assailant i thought Nyx worked on silence not swarm.
And I'll get a post for Ravyn up once I'm home
Nyx worked on S.W.A.R.M under the control of S.I.L.E.N.C.E. He began to break free of the control after having been successful on S.W.A.R.M, and so he was shot and used as the primary test subject for N.I.G.H.T, and was experimented on with his own research,

So, I'm thinking of making an underground maze to everywhere in Hoenn, with it's center at what was previously Mt. Pyre. If anyone's read the percy jackson series, kind of like the labyrinth in there. It would be a slow thing, but it would always be expanding. Is it a good idea, is it meh, or should I scrap it?

Onikmey said:
So, I'm thinking of making an underground maze to everywhere in Hoenn, with it's center at what was previously Mt. Pyre. If anyone's read the percy jackson series, kind of like the labyrinth in there. It would be a slow thing, but it would always be expanding. Is it a good idea, is it meh, or should I scrap it?
I can see it fit, especially in a region like Hoenn

I suppose one could just twist it a little and say that the labrynth/series of tunnels was made by Groudon in ancient times, that sounds like it could work. /shrugs

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not super attached to the idea, was just trying to figure out how Baelok was gonna rejoin the story later on. Making a place where he could get around unnoticed and hide from people seemed like something he'd do.

Onikmey said:
I'm not super attached to the idea, was just trying to figure out how Baelok was gonna rejoin the story later on. Making a place where he could get around unnoticed and hide from people seemed like something he'd do.
And by "hide from people" you mean "Find Dante for more Pancakes".

So, what critters should have been saved by Dante and co. on the way off the mountain? Should they remain nameless, or does anyone have any particular pokemon they'd want to see?

I feel your pain. Baelok isn't getting any either :( I'm having similar problems describing the swarms. It's a lot of different bugs, but I dont wanna spend three pages describing exactly which pokemon species are doing what

Users who are viewing this thread

Back