• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Celestial Knights [Open]

@ActionPony

Please refer OOC to here!

And no, 'the dark girl' is just a thing I use to reference Kuro. It saves me from having to constantly refer to her as 'Kuro', or other things that just become repetitive. You'll know if I'm speaking of another character, because I will usually use their name. Unless if it's a specific one on one situation, in which I'll use other things to refer to them. (Such as during Kuro's and Lexy's few lone moments together, when I called her 'ice girl', and, 'ice dragon'.

I'd say it's close to fully dying, all things considered. Maybe a few more good hits.

Ether blasted the living out of it and then stuck the dead on it lmao. Not to mention dueling with a void dragon and getting annoying dps by the gun user hahaha

Wait, is everyone fighting the same monster? And could somebody give me a description of what I'm supposed to be fighting? I've been treating the thing I'm fighting as if it were solid, but someone else mentioned fighting a gaseous monster, so I'm confused.

ActionPony said:
Wait, is everyone fighting the same monster? And could somebody give me a description of what I'm supposed to be fighting? I've been treating the thing I'm fighting as if it were solid, but someone else mentioned fighting a gaseous monster, so I'm confused.
Yes, we are fighting the same monster. I've been treating it as a gaseous beast, and so have some people. But it appears there's been some misconceptions...

TheGossipLink said:
Yes, we are fighting the same monster. I've been treating it as a gaseous beast, and so have some people. But it appears there's been some misconceptions...
Why don't we just say that it can change its state of matter at will? It's gaseous most of the time, but it can become solid whenever it needs to. Both forms would have advantages, as it could hit harder as a solid and defend better as a gas, but they also have their weaknesses, and whenever an attack hits like it would hit a solid or someone gets thrown around like a ragdoll, then that's because the monster took solid form in order to attack.

Also, it would save me some embarrassment and having to rewrite all my posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
ActionPony said:
Why don't we just say that it can change its state of matter at will? It's gaseous most of the time, but it can become solid whenever it needs to. Both forms would have advantages, as it could hit harder as a solid and defend better as a gas, but they also have their weaknesses, and whenever an attack hits like it would hit a solid or someone gets thrown around like a ragdoll, then that's because the monster took solid form in order to attack.
Also, it would save me some embarrassment and having to rewrite all my posts.
I quite like that idea~

We really need to set a death-point for the monster- it's been taking a lot of punishment from pretty much all the Celestial Knights at once, and if there's no distinct stopping point, fights (or anything, really) tend to take forever.

Depending on which of the three methods your using:

1. Simple Radiation pressure: sorry but the lasers wouldn't be able to cool down the gas to any level, let alone the B-E level. In order for laser cooling to work you have to have the molecules isolated and in a vacuum for it to work, and then the atoms have to be heated up inside the vacuum. It would be impossible for anyone here to isolate a group of the monster's atoms and even more so to create a vacuum (unless by an Air Knight who has the ability to create one)

2. Doppler Cooling: Again sorry, but a vacuum is also needed again (in most situations), and you also have to have the wavelength that each atom "likes" and will absorb, that's almost impossible to do in a short amount of time, even more so when it's during battle. Also above a certain density Doppler cooling will not work, it works best for when atoms are isolated.

3. Evaporative cooling by selective removal of atoms: Firstly you will also need to have to set up a magnetic potential well that is concave up for upwards magnetic moments, and the atoms with magnetic moments pointing up all congregate around the minimum potential, magnetic fields are not within a power of a Light Celestial Knight.

And even if you were able to accomplish one of these, it would take too much time to set it up and then apply the laser cooling effect onto the gas monster. It would just be way more efficient for an air, or water knight with the ability to strip away heat from an object(s) to just freeze the monster. Another thing I would like to point out is that Laser cooling has only been used on isolated atoms and small isolated clumps, or groups, of atoms; the monster would have too many molecules for Laser cooling to take affect. Laser cooling is definitely a really cool alternative, but it just wouldn't work in this situation.

Federoff said:
Depending on which of the three methods your using:
1. Simple Radiation pressure: sorry but the lasers wouldn't be able to cool down the gas to any level, let alone the B-E level. In order for laser cooling to work you have to have the molecules isolated and in a vacuum for it to work, and then the atoms have to be heated up inside the vacuum. It would be impossible for anyone here to isolate a group of the monster's atoms and even more so to create a vacuum (unless by an Air Knight who has the ability to create one)

2. Doppler Cooling: Again sorry, but a vacuum is also needed again (in most situations), and you also have to have the wavelength that each atom "likes" and will absorb, that's almost impossible to do in a short amount of time, even more so when it's during battle. Also above a certain density Doppler cooling will not work, it works best for when atoms are isolated.

3. Evaporative cooling by selective removal of atoms: Firstly you will also need to have to set up a magnetic potential well that is concave up for upwards magnetic moments, and the atoms with magnetic moments pointing up all congregate around the minimum potential, magnetic fields are not within a power of a Light Celestial Knight.

And even if you were able to accomplish one of these, it would take too much time to set it up and then apply the laser cooling effect onto the gas monster. It would just be way more efficient for an air, or water knight with the ability to strip away heat from an object(s) to just freeze the monster. Another thing I would like to point out is that Laser cooling has only been used on isolated atoms and small isolated clumps, or groups, of atoms; the monster would have too many molecules for Laser cooling to take affect. Laser cooling is definitely a really cool alternative, but it just wouldn't work in this situation.
Just forget it.

You know what sucks about being sixteen? You can still be grounded...needless to say, I've been grounded for a week. My posts will be slow over the course of these next seven days, but I'll still post as often as I can. (Which posting at all is a risk to me, so yeah...)

i played on alexia's blizzard and destroyed that beasts defenses and movements. I weakened the hell out of it as well so SOMEONE finish that thing off lmao . Ether is literally dying for it.

shadowz1995 said:
i played on alexia's blizzard and destroyed that beasts defenses and movements. I weakened the hell out of it as well so SOMEONE finish that thing off lmao . Ether is literally dying for it.
May I do the honors?

@ActionPony

Either you or me. Because while Ether in the RP shouted for Kuro (me) to finish it off, I wouldn't mind keeping her abilities a secret for a bit longer~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back