• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Carry On My Wayward...Daughter?

Deanna smiled a little wider at the sound of Castiel's laugh. "I mean, I guess there are a few angels people wouldn't exactly be thrilled to see. But it sounds like a good idea. Doesn't it?"

"Perfect." She walked up to the desk, scooping up the file Sam had put together once more before collapsing back onto the couch next to Cas.

Deanna flipped the file open, pulling her legs up onto the couch and propping the papers against her knees. Skimming through a few pages she hadn't taken a look at that morning.

"Oh yeah, a good old fashioned good time." Deanna murmured sarcastically, looking over to Cas. "Exorcisms and hex bags galore."

A set of footsteps could be heard on the stairs, causing Deanna to look up. Her brother came into sight soon after, his own duffle bag slung over his shoulder. "You ready to go, Sleeping Beauty?"

Deanna scrunched her nose and threw him a glare. "Ready if you are."

She stood up with him, fishing the keys to the 'Pala from her front pocket. "Let's head out." Sam scooped up the file and small stack of books while Deanna headed for the door and out to to the car.

Deanna revved the engine as she waited for Sam to catch up, leaning over to push the passenger side door open. Once they were all settled, she whipped the vehicle out onto the road and got ready for a long drive.

Deanna had hardly been at the wheel for three hours when Sam fell asleep, his face pressed up against the glass of the window. She mumbled something under her breath about smudges and having to wash the Impala as she shot glances his direction. Her fingers found the knobs on the radio and pressed a few buttons, sending the sound of a classic rock cassette quietly lacing through the seats so as not to wake her brother.

It was two o'clock in the morning when the Impala rolled into the parking lot of yet another deadbeat motel. Deanna stretched against her seat, her back popping in several places, as she reached over to punch Sam in the shoulder. "Room. Now. We're here." She mumbled. Her brother groaned and ran a hand over his face before getting out of the car, already removing one of their many fake credit cards.

He was back in a few minutes with the keys to Room 303. Grabbing both his and Deanna's duffles from the trunk, he headed in ahead of Cas and his sister.

Castiel walked beside Deanna, looking sideways with a smile. "Do you need me to be with you tonight?" He asked quietly.

»JW

Deanna felt a small smile tug at her lips as she glanced up from the pavement to Cas. "Not if you have something better to do." She answered, her smile brightening.

"I'll probably only get a few hours in before Bobby comes looking for us." She said as she stepped in the room several strides behind her brother.

Sam headed straight for the bathroom, and seconds later the sound of the shower running could be heard through the thin wall. Deanna collapsed on the bed nearest to the door, folding her hands behind her head. "Yeah... You're right..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back