• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Carry On My Wayward...Daughter?

"No nightmares." Deanna laughed softly and pulled her eyes from Castiel's for just a moment to look towards the clock before turning back.

She seemed to think about it for a minute before the hunter nodded, her fingertips lightly momentarily skimming over the hand that rested on her waist. "Yeah... I guess you did."

Castiel smiled and gently pressed a fingertip up into her palm. "At least I helped someone." He murmured.

»JW

"What do you mean by that?" Deanna asked quietly, her voice taking on a more confused tone. Her hand had fallen still over top of Castiel's as she awaited an answer.

"I try to help all the time but rarely succeed." Castiel explained softly. He looked at her, and pressed a hand softly into hers.

»JW

Her eyes seemed to soften at his words. She could relate to that, most definitely. "You just have to think about the ones that worked out." Deanna offered, her voice nearly a whisper. "That's how you keep going."

Castiel smiled. "And if it was one person I would have liked to help, it would be you." The angel smiled softly.

»JW

Deanna smiled and looked down to her lap, suddenly feeling uncharacteristically at a loss for some sort of response.

She couldn't help but laugh quietly at how flustered Cas seemed to get. "No, no don't be." Deanna leaned over to press a light kiss to his cheek without really giving the action much thought. "Thank you."

Deanna simply flashed him a quick smile and slipped out his touch to stand and slide her feet back into her shoes before wandering into the kitchen in search of food.

Half of a sandwich lay on a plate near the edge of the counter, presumably left over from Sam. Deanna scooped the plate up and took a few bites of the sandwich while her eyes scanned the refrigerator.

Finishing off the half Sammy had left behind, Deanna hummed a little tune to herself, the guitar solo of a rock number of some sort. "What do you think?" She called back into the living room, removing a bottle of water from the fridge. "About the case, I mean. What do you think?"

She leaned against the entry between the two rooms, watching Cas as she opened her water. "It's gonna be a rough one."

Deanna took a small sip, her eyes falling to the floor. "I'd imagine you don't necessarily want to come along on this time. Demons and all."

"I will if you'd like me to." Castiel said softly, looking at Deanna. He'd always do what she wanted.

»JW

She gave a small shrug, slowly screwing the lid back on the plastic bottle in her hand. "I guess it's never a bad idea to have an angel around..." A smile played over her lips as she looked up from the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back