• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: The New Heroes (OOC)

Should this be remade?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just thought America was awful compared to other countries /shrugs

Ah-huh Pine....sure you did.

but if you're gonna' say that something sucks

you should really have some solid ideas in mind as to why it does

fact check urself

We all got our problems.

Europe has diseases.

Canada has free healthcare.

America doesn't.

Pros and cons in everything.

-rolls out list-

- Horrible health care plans

-Horrible school system

-America is a very violent country

-Corrupt government

-Taxes are outrageous

-Hate crimes are at an all time high

-The police are racist and corrupt as well

-Finding a job if you have no experience is hard

-Prices of food, clothes, gas, other things are ridiculous

Need I go on?

In fact, the recent top happiest cities, there was no place in America that was on said list.

I hope that didn't seem like I was attacking anyone. I really wasn't, I was just listing facts :/

lol Chicago is my nearest city. I know it ain't all pretty and happy.

Don't worry

I doubt she does....I kept thinking Pine always said America was somewhat awful......then again could be me just saying that.

My memory is shit and I have a headache

I think we all are awesome and we all have problems. That applies to people and to individual countries. Yay world!

The end.

*hides*

Pshaw, I hate like...half the people in the world and I'm a fairly decent person if I do say so myself :3

aye! heads up to all of yall something came up...It may take awhile for me to reply back. My activity may drop in this week. I'll try to pop in and say hello, maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a ic reply to the thread. Who knows we'll just have to see.....whelp good day/night to all of you...and I'll be seeing yall in a week or so. If I'm lucky maybe even less. dueces~

my dad just called wikipedia "winky dink" wtf

yeah no worries

i think america sucks too i'm not mad, ur good nico xD

i just want to make sure that you guys have thought your opinions through, you know?

just in the mood to debate and just let me know if you want me to shut up lmao i don't want to make anyone uncomfortable

okay but

- Free health care in Canada means that people are less reluctant to go see the doctor, so I imagine it's a longer wait, and if you're looking to be a doctor, I'm pretty sure you aren't getting paid as much. Also, Obamacare is our attempt to move to a more European system of healthcare, but since it's new, it's still being refined

- Yeah, public school system is the pits, I can rant about that

- Saying we're a violent country is a little vague.We're at least p safe from attacks from other countries, but we're also dropping drones on a bunch of other countries which is bleh

- Corrupt government is debatable, I wouldn't say that's a fact. There are some aspects of it that I don't agree with it (why the fuck is it allowed for some state legislators to run unopposed), but I think we have a pretty solid checks and balances for the most part. Either way, this ain't no North Korea

- I don't know details about taxes so I don't have a solid opinion on that

- I also don't know so much about any statistics on crime

- I wouldn't say that the police are corrupt. I think racism goes both ways. Honestly that whole thing that started this all... idr the name of the town, my brain's a little fried, but I remember the whole thing about that dude being shot could have been explained by a kind of knee-jerk reaction. Also, it's REALLY hard to shoot someone in the leg, media doesn't always represent things like that well. All I know is that there's a lot of false information being spread around about this and some people are more opinionated on this than they should be

- Yeah, the job things, that's literally the only reason why I was so desperate to get a job this summer

- I don't know if that's a problem unique to the U.S., but prices are probably proportionate to however much money is floating around

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel America has it's good and it's bad, like you said, this ain't no North Korea, but still. I'm eh about the whole thing.

Though what mainly pisses me off about America is the racism stuff. >.>

Like...I could probably talk about that for a while, but I'd rather just leave it at that

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]I feel America has it's good and it's bad, like you said, this ain't no North Korea, but still. I'm eh about the whole thing.
Though what mainly pisses me off about America is the racism stuff. >.>

Like...I could probably talk about that for a while, but I'd rather just leave it at that

[/QUOTE]
Well, you also have to understand that we're possibly one of the most racially diverse countries.

I think Mexicans are the majority in Texas right now.

Places like Germany, which has a measly one percent population of black people, doesn't really have that same chance to be racist.

Either way, racism isn't totally unique to America.

I don't know what pisses me off the most about this country. lmao

Probably the idiots who can't wrap their head around the concept of "separation of church and state."

Oh, and to expand on the whole unhappy cities thing, just think about the prevalence of anxiety disorders that we have here.

That too.

I get that, but the area I'm in.....dear LORD I've never wanted to kill so many people, and I wouldn't give a damn if people said I was racist because of it >.>

I live in a predominantly black area, and my school doesn't have too many white people. And whenever there's something on the news.....my god.....I was to slap every bitch in the building for every stupid fucking word they said... >.>

These children are completely IGNORANT and that's part of why racism bothers me so much.

[QUOTE="Infinities Lover]That too.
I get that, but the area I'm in.....dear LORD I've never wanted to kill so many people, and I wouldn't give a damn if people said I was racist because of it >.>

I live in a predominantly black area, and my school doesn't have too many white people. And whenever there's something on the news.....my god.....I was to slap every bitch in the building for every stupid fucking word they said... >.>

These children are completely IGNORANT and that's part of why racism bothers me so much.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, as I mentioned before, it goes both ways, and it's all really stupid.

I'm surrounded predominantly by white people, but in my high school, all the black people sat together at one or two tables, which always made me really sad.

On the other hand, there's so much bitching about illegal immigrants "taking our jobs" (the only jobs they're taking are the ones that no one wants to do anyway) and when I was debating with my friend's dad, he was saying things like "all the people coming to America are making us stupid" and other ridiculous things like that.

There's a lot of ignorance, but I think the older generation is just as much to blame, if not more.

My school is pretty blended, I mean my most of friends are black, so I don't really care about anything about that, it's just....these kids are the pure definition of 'ghetto' if you have a new definition for the word. It annoys me. Especially since these children like to fight. Everyday I'll find a new pile of weave somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back