• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: Rise of the Titans

Helena

Helena really didn't want to think about giant cannibals in cheerleader outfits.

Yet here she was, standing halfway up Half-Blood hill with a terrified son of unidentified god/goddess and two massive Laestyrgonians staring at them from the bottom of the hill, looking at the pair like wolves staring down sheep. They looked hungry for that demigod flesh.

"Meat! Come back meat! We hunger for flesh!" They shouted, bashing the ground with giant pom poms made of rusty scrap metal. Those skirts they had on barely covered what needed to be covered in gaudy gold and blue fabric. The shirts, forget the shirts those had been discarded a while ago. Ugh.

"You're not allowed to have this flesh! I-I'm really stringy and I taste horrible!" Jamie shouted, hiding behind the daughter of Hades and gripping the bow in hand so hard she thought he was about snap it in half. "Dude, calm down, just get to the top of the hill!"

"How am I gonna be calm! They wanna eat my sexy southern flesh!" He shouted, his lip twitching.

"Sexy- ARE YOU KIDDING ME- UGH! You'll be safe once you get to the top, the camp has like a magic f***ing forcefield, just get past the pine tree!" She shouted angrily, looking back at him.

That was a mistake.

It was then that they threw their pom poms.

Chiron stood before the small crowd of demigods as the trickled in. He stood tall and steely, with a bow around his chest and a sword in hand. Once a majority of them had come, Chiron was about to speak but then a child of Hermes (Bobby again) came running in.

"Chiron sir! There are two demigods being attacked outside the perimeter of the camp! Laestyrgonians!" Shouted the Bobby.

Chiron's face grew serious. Drew demigods, probably defenseless. "I must go to help them?" Chiron quickly spoke. In a commanding tone, the centaur spoke "All of you stay here. Bobby, notify the Apollo campers and have them on standby." Chiron faced the campers. "I will deal with this, and then we will get down to business." With that, Chiron galloped away, bending the distance in between steps and got to the hill where the two demigods were in the matter of thirty seconds.

The Laestyrgonians (Damn it Kitty, why'd you have to choose a monster with a complicated ass name?) advanced towards the two demigods. Both smiling evilly at their next meal. Suddenly an arrow struck one in the forehead. He screamed out in agony before another arrow landed right next to it, dealing the fatal bow. The remaining giant cannibal looked to where the arrow had come from as his brother fell limply. Chiron stood a few yards away pulling back his bow. He let loose another arrow and the Laestygonian swiped his arm, knocking the arrow away midair.

"Chiron! I will kill you and eat your flesh! Then dine on the pathetic demigods!" The giant shouted, putrid breath spewing from his mouth.

Chiron drew his sword. "Demigods! Get further up the hill I will handle this beast!" Chiron shouted in a demanding tone. The Laestyrgonian charged forward and so did Chiron. The centaur tackled the giant cannibal in his stomach and tossed him with a loud grunt of effort, slamming the Laestyrgonian into a nearby tree.

Daniel (Tyde) Jones

Daniel stumbled to the entrance of camp. His clothes were torn and he had some sort of injury covering every inch of his body, In other words.. Its been a bad day for Daniel. 'I have to keep going.. So I can meet Michele, Shes probably already there.' This gave Daniel a surge of strength, he stumbled into camp and the first thing he sees is a man-horse battling two giant muscular looking sumo wrestler world champions.. times 5. Daniel's immediate reaction was to help, but his body wouldn't move. His vision had erratic black spots peppering his vision, Then it went dark. Daniel felt his body hit the ground, but his mind was blank. Its strange he could still hear the sound of fighting as he lost consciousness, It was almost mocking him that he couldn't help the man-horse. 'How did a man-horse even happen? How does that even work?' These were Daniel's final thoughts as he finally lost consciousness.​

Jamie

"AHHHH DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE HORSE MAN! .. Wait, horse man?" Jamie said as he surged up the hill, and once he was safely past the barrier, he looked back at Chiron with confusion, and his mouth open and closed as he tried to come up with words. "How are HIS arrows hurtin 'em? My arrows flew straight through their heads!" He shouted, kind of jealous of the centaur, but that melted away when another tetanus ridden pompom flew through the air, and over his head, which made him run down to the camp.

Helena

Helena couldn't believe what she just saw. Chiron? Chiron came to her rescue? No way was she gonna be upstaged by that old horse! But soon enough she realized she didn't stand a chance against that cannibal. No matter how experienced she was, she had been shadow traveling for days, hundreds of miles each day. She was running on adrenaline and fumes right now. But still.. She couldn't just leave he old man. So when she lifted her sword up to the sky, and the earth split in front of her as she brought it into the earth, she summoned three skeletons to help Chiron, before limping up the hill and into the safety of the camp, where she promptly collapsed to her hands and knees, her breathing ragged and shallow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Masako turned as the sounds of a horse ran past her and up towards the front entrance of camp. Masako deliberated and decided to go and see if anyone needs assistance. She knew that people would say she is useless because she is without vision, but that is because they do not know her true power. She ran down the path without the us of her cane, she could see the area around her with her senses. If she had to describe it it would be something like echo location. She ran up to the outer area of the camp and saw Chiron, well at least a centaur with some strength fight a Laestyrgonian. She noticed two kids one passed out and the other struggling to breathe. She ran up to them holding her cane. "Hey are you okay! How badly is he hurt? I need you to help me carry him okay?" She squatted down and took the boy's arm lifting him up.

(poor blind girl, are both of you knocked out?)

@explosiveKitten

Owen

As Chiron rode towards the entrance to camp, Owen stood up and quickly made his way to the top of the stands. He exhaled as bugs made their way out of his jacket and took to the sky. "What art thou doing?!" Kit's voice sounded from behind Owen "Chiron said to remain calm and stay here. Are you planning to disobey the rules of the Trainer of Heroes?!" "Can it Kit." Owen said harshly. "He said he wanted the Apollo kids on standby! And last I checked I'm an Apollo kid." Owen lifted his hands as the bugs flew off towards the hill. He closed his eyes "plus I want to know exactly want is going on." Owen felt exactly where each of his insects were and watched though their eyes as Chiron began to fight. Owen's bugs buzzed around in the air in case Chiron needed help. That's when he watched the Girl summon skeletons from within the earth "Oh sh*t" was all that went through his mind as he watched her collapse. He noticed another boy collapsed on the other side of the barrier. "That great, now we have two unconscious campers. At least this should be over soon."

Apollo kids came rushing through with ambrosia, golden nectar, medicine, and other first aid needs. Some came along to help Masako carry the boy.

Daniel collapsing had caught the attention of the Laestyrgonian. Hungry for flesh, the giant knocked Chiron away with a powerful punch and began to crawl to the unconscious demigod. The summoned undead proved to slow the Laestyrgonian. "Gah.....get out of my way pesky skeletons!" The giant shouted in frustration and he crushed the skeletons under his fist. Chiron got back on his feet(s). The Laestyrgonian slowly reached out for Daniel, bruised, cut, and weak. Chiron quickly got up to his feet and stabbed his sword into the giant. The Laestyrgonian cried out in agony and scorn before turning into ash. Tired, and panting, Chiron picked up Daniel and galloped into the camp, handing him off to the Apollo campers.

"Masako, " Chiron spoke. "The meeting is there. I have to go there too." Chiron walked back into the arena, looking tired and sore. A large bruise had developed on his chest where the Laestyrgonian had striked.

"Sorry for the interruption. But the reason I have you gathered here is because of what just happened. Monsters attacked, and you need to know how to fight. You all have been selected for the quest to stop the titans. You all must train in order to stop them. First, we will learn to handle a sword. Only materials made of bronze and other materials can harm, monsters.

(Whoops.)

"I must go now, for now an Ares camper will help you train in sword combat." Chiron motioned to a buff camper that walked in. "Please train hard and be respectful to Bobert." Chiron said before clopping away, muttering I'm getting too old for this crap.

Bobert stood before the group with a slight scowl on his face. "Alright guy!" Bobert boomed. "I want experienced campers to pair up with non experienced campers. You will help them with their sword fighting skills. Nothing lethal alright?"

Masako nodded at Chiron's words, and followed him back to the arena. She was worried about the others but knew that the Apollo kids would take good care of them. She walked back to the stands and listened to Chiron's words. She nodded as he left and clutched her cane. I hate the evils of the world, the dangers are so high. I hope with this mission I can make the titans get what they deserve. Masako although never coming to camp has most certainly been well trained. She had spent 10 years training under her mother in her own fighting style. She was already ready and able to take down any and all unjust creatures.

Owen sighed. He was terrible with a sword and didn't want to attempt to get better. He was happy with his bugs and the bow that he stored as a metal rod attached to his belt. Most of his bugs had returned to him after sending them out into the Camp, and instead of going back into his jacket they crawled around the outside, covering parts of his jacket. "Can I pass on sword training. I don't think I'll ever be good with a sword."

Kit laughed as he started down the steps, his katana already in hand. "It's true." He said as he stepped off the last step. "I've spent 4 summers trying to get him to use one." He stopped at the last step "And why are we training the newbies anyways?" He asked "Most of us could whip their butts in a quick second!" Owen laughed from the stands "Kit your Normal is showing!" Kit rolled his eyes and gave his attention back to the Ares kid. "So, what your answer?"

Niwa hopped down from the chair, highly amused from the comment of the Thanatos kid. He walked out of the cabin and pulled a granola bar out of his pocket and finished it before he got to the Arena. He entered the area and sat down in one of the bleachers, he would just observe. He was never one for Training the newbies. He noticed around him the camp was in a tizzy and Chiron was carrying an injured camper, what exactly had happened?

Cade looks around the coliseum and becomes nervous, he was pretty sure everyone could fight and has better experience than him. Though he was a loner in high school,mono kids picked on him due to his size so he never got into fights. He looks around for a person to spar and sees Masako. He starts to ask her if she knows how to fight but then realizes she is blind. "... Oh sorry, I didn't know you were blind,"

@Sukiyaki

Daniel woke with a start, He was drenched in sweat and was panting. There were really really really tan kids surrounding him, "Do they have sunbeds here?" Daniel thought. Daniel stood and stumbled outside, Daniel started to look for any sign of Michele.

((sorry for small post))

Jason smiled, "Hey Tania, did you have that weird dream too or am I going somewhat insane....honestly I'd prefer option A, but hey beggars can't be choosers." Jason turned towards their destination beginning the walk to the mess Hall.

Sebastian froze when he heard his name, he turned to see who it was and jumped a bit, "Oh hi, yes I will regrettably be staying with those children. It appears they haven't already built a Thanatos cabin since he went so long without having demigod children.-" Sebastian stopped abruptly sensing a rift to the underworld but it seemed to close as whatever situation resolved itself. Here gazed over hits red eyes picking up nothing and sensing no death bye turned his attention to Adrien. "Sorry, what were we ta about?"

@LuckyANDKitty

Boberts eyes narrowed on the demigod who just walked down the stairs. "So what!?" He barked. He heard about this Kit from other demigods. And this one got on his nerves. "You can beat some newbies? Whatever! You guys are going on a quest to be the titans! Do you think the monsters you'll face will be wimpy!?" Bobert shouted. His eyes fixed themselves on Owen. "And I don't care if you don't like swords. You are learning!" Bobert walked over to the arena armory and opened up the wooden sparring weapons. "Newbies! Up front!" The aggravated Ares demigod boomed.(Those who think their characters should train can go up.) "Experienced Campers! Grab a weapon as well. You will help supervise!"

Pumpkakun said:
Cade looks around the coliseum and becomes nervous, he was pretty sure everyone could fight and has better experience than him. Though he was a loner in high school,mono kids picked on him due to his size so he never got into fights. He looks around for a person to spar and sees Masako. He starts to ask her if she knows how to fight but then realizes she is blind. "... Oh sorry, I didn't know you were blind,"
@Sukiyaki
Masako looked at the boy and frowned "really? I'm blind I never knew! Well thank you for telling me. Now my life makes sense." She smiled at the boy, she could tell that he felt uncomfortable about her 'disability' and she should be nice to him. She looked the boy in the face and smiled warmly showing that she wasn't mad. "You were going to ask me to spar right? I'd love to. Please don't let my blindness scare you I promise I don't bite, hard." She smiles at him "don't worry I'll supervise you." She grabbed the boys hand and led him to the armory area, passing him a sword and shield and grabbing one for herself as well.

Cade grasps the sword awkwardly and raises the shield in front of him preparing to start off on the defensive. He looked nervous as this was his first fight or spar or whatever and doesn't know how to even start. He looks at Masako and begins to get even more nervous as he so about to fight a girl and ones that blind. He knows she told him nott to worry about it but he felt scared. What of he did beat her up?, he would look like a jerk and of he didn't he would look really weak.

Masako twisted the sword in her hand and raised her shield up. "Okay were going to do the basics, the most simple of them is to block with your shield. To do this you have to follow the moments of your enemy's sword. Make sure you keep your shield taking the blunt part of the sword. That gives you a opening for a parry." She twirls the sword more and smiles. "Now make sure your stance is right so your legs are wide enough to take the force." She stops to see if he followed her instructions and then charged him with a barrage of swift strikes to his shield. She spins and uses her foot to pull the boy's leg out of his stance.

Cade nervously takes her advice and starts blocking her swift attacks narrowly blocking some. He notices her leg starts moving out of its normal pattern and realizes she is going to try something. He quickly jumps up while blocking her attacks and as he lands he uses his momentum to shove his shield forward to knock her back.

She stumbled back, he's got natural talent, granted most demigods do yet he seems to be very strong. She smiled at him "good! your quick on your feet and have a good reaction time. Let's continue, try using your sword with a offensive attack. I'll make a opening for you." She dashed forward and twisted with a strong blow to his shield. Hoping that this open form allowed him to attack her.

Cade took the blow to his shield but used more strength to block it at an angle to divert her sword away from him. and leaving her open. He decided to do a lunge at her stomach with the sword but to be safe he also tucked in his shield closer to his body to push out to stop any counterattacks

Adrien shrugged. "I don't remember, but how about we head to the arena to see about his training Chiron is making us do?" She suggested walking in that direction. (@Kai&\#039;zen Makaira )

Addison sighed knowing she wouldn't have any time to head to bunker nine, walking over to the group of demigods dejected. "Do I have to take part in this? I already know I suck at sparring with weapons, do we really have to rub it in?" Addie asked the Ares kid nervously. (@Noah )

Carter stood at the back of the group awkwardly watching as some of them began fighting together. What kind of camp had his father sent him to?

Sebastian looked at Adrien and nodded, "Sure it seems we may be a little late maybe we can get something to eat after?" The look on his face was somewhat curious but there was hope in his eyes. He turned towards the arena, turning his chain necklace into his sword and strapping it to his hip via a black leather sheath. The belt had wing designs on it and the scabbard itself had skeleton designs down the side he looked towards the arena hearing the faint clashing of weaponry. "Well this should be fun."

Jamie

Jamie didn't really know what to do when he was suddenly hauled into the air by complete strangers, and he began to flail his arms, "Hey, hey! Get off, I- I'm fine! Please put me down!" He shouted, and soon he was dropped on his butt, which he promptly got up to look around, confused by the sights around him, and not sure where to go. "Um... Now what..."

Helena

"Get off of me, I'M FINE!" Helena shouted, and wiggled out of the Apollo kids' grasp, grumbling, "I just want to go to my cabin, and sleep..." She mumbled, before trudging off towards the cabin area. She passed several other kids she recognized, (Sebastian, Adrien, etc) and slipped into the Hades cabin.

Naturally, she found her bunk and threw her bag off her back and onto the bed, shed her leather jacket and hung it on the hook she'd stuck to the wall years ago. Once she was done throughly shedding layers, she was left in her tank top and torn up jeans, and flopped back on the bed. She stared up at the ceiling for a long time, then sat up and snapped a hair band off her wrist to pull her hair back out of her face.

( @Kai&\#039;zen Makaira @LuckyANDKitty

Adrien watched Helena storm into the Hades cabin with a grimace. "Well, she doesn't seem very happy." She shook her head in exasperation at the Apollo kids. "They're always trying to be helpful, but sometimes they're just annoying."

Adrien saw the daughter of Hades' friend, who had just been dropped on his butt, and walked over holding out a hand to help him out. "Hey, you alright?" She asked unsmiling as she scrutinized him.

He didn't seem like a bad guy, or trouble. Her expression softened, and she gave him a brief smile.

(@explosiveKitten )

Celestia Refusing to be deterred by the terrifying Laistrygonian attack, Celestia shoved her pestering feeling of uneasiness aside and stood as she heeded the instructions from Bobert. She was definitely not inexperienced in combat; she was a year-round camper, mainly due to the fact that her dad sort of was not in the greatest condition to take care of her. Besides, the camp was lovely in the winter. She enjoyed it far more than Georgia, where she came from. She also wasn't bad at sword fighting at all. She was a quick learner and took pleasure in the feeling of combat. Absentmindedly she fingered the ring on her fourth finger. It was silver but was adorned with a small crystal which felt ice-cold to the touch - Stygian ice. She had gained this the winter in which she had arrived at Camp Half-Blood.

A glance around the arena told her that most of the half-bloods were already getting paired up. "I'll help someone if they want to be helped," she announced bluntly, in a sort of arrogant tone, but she truly did want some sort of company. She just didn't want to be underestimated.

Skylar The occurrence of the Laistrygonian giants alarmed Skylar. How serious was this situation really? With a slight shiver, she awkwardly shifted in position, not sure if she should remain in the same place or get up to find someone to train with. Although this was her third summer at camp, she had come late the second year due to a vacation with her mother. Her mother was always very compassionate and sympathetic. Skylar could see why Hermes fell in love with her. However, she was more passive and didn't notice when Skylar began to go downhill because of Devon. Shaking her thoughts away, Skylar looked around. Was there anyone to train with? Maybe she could just turn invisible for a while so she didn't seem so awkward - but what if she needed to use the invisibility later? Sighing, she shook her head and stared down at her lap, twirling her ebony hair around her finger. Nothing seemed to work out for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back