• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Brain Burger

Stew slightly stumbles up holding the brace in his hands. He had a weak smile on his face as he walks up to Norman,

"Well, I kept my deal, here you go." He says in a raspy voice.

(@DrTrollinski)

"Guess I'll just go out and look then. Any one like to come?" Conner said absent mindedly. He had a hunch were to find the stuff he needed.

He looks down at the brace and raises an eyebrow. "What's this?" He asks in curiosity, he then looks over to Conner and holds up one hand. "One min, Conner... I might have an idea." He said calmly. (@Stew)

Stewart kneels on one knee, he has to stabilize himself,

"I need to see your hurt leg." He says, he gestures towards his bum leg.

(@DrTrollinski)

".. alrighty then--.." He says hesitantly before pulling up his pant leg and revealing the slightly blood-stained bandage wrapped around his thigh; he winces slightly as he does so, but grits his teeth and then looks back up at Stewart. (@Stew)

"Tell me it then. I can wait if I have to." Conner said as he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. He could listen to ideas. He might not like them, but he'll listen.

Stewart pulls his pant leg back down,

"It would be more comfortable to have the clothes under the brace." He then proceeds to strap it into place around his leg,

"Hold on." He says, he then extends the brace slightly to fit him better,

"Alright, this should hold you." He takes a big yawn,

"I-I think I'll go lay down." Stewart says as he stumbles off, eventually sleeping on the stairs.

(@DrTrollinski)

".. Conner--.. I was gonna' say he could go with you, but it doesn't look like he's up for it - you think you can head out alone? There's a hardware store just a few blocks south where you can get what you need." He said quietly to him. (@Beowulf)

"Of course I can. I've been surviving the apocalypse by myself for a while before I heard you on the radio. Or was it your brother I was talking two? Can't ever keep your names straight, maybe it's because they both start with Ns." Conner continued his ramble as he walked around the kitchen, looking for things like crackers to take with him on the trip. The keys to his truck were in his room, and he would bring the M-16 with him, the good old M-16.

"Alright... see you back soon... good luck - radio me if you need anythin'..." He said quietly to him. (@Soul OMU)

Elizabeth smiled a bit and laughed softly as she held his hand in hers. "Nothing like that... I've just become an early riser is all... Also while you were gone... Someone radioed... I think they heard you before and then started making their way here... They are in Pennsylvania..." She said while sipping her tea with her other hand. (@DrTrollinski)

"See you guys when I get back." he said as he walked out the door to his truck. He had his M-16 on his back, backpack out of habit, and his M1911 in his improvised holster the pocket. Getting into the fondly named Rust Bucket, it takes him a couple of tries to get the thing started. Thank goodness that the area was being kept cleared of zeds by them. Perhaps they had a Farm & Fleet in this town, a Menards would do even. 'S**t' he thought to himself after realizing he forgot a map. Pulling out the radio, he asks who ever is listening, "Forgot a map, can any one give me direction to a good looking place?"

"More people from good old Penny, eh? Are they trustworthy?" He asked her, sipping his coffee a few times followed by taking a deep breath. As the radio message came through he picked up his hand-held one that rested on the table and began speaking into it.

"Head exactly three blocks south of the Department and down the main street, you've got a big hardware superstore. We hit it before, but we didn't get everythin' there, obviously. Do me a favour and grab me a generator that runs off fuel and some jump cables, eh?" He says to him, placing the radio back down on the table. (@Soul OMU, @Beowulf)

Elizabeth held his free hand while drinking her tea. "Said they were coming from Orlando... They have two kids with them from what I know... One of them could be Brie..." She said her eyes lighting up slightly as she looked at him. (@DrTrollinski)

"I'll see what I can do." Conner replied. Following the directions, he eventually makes it to the superstore. "Quick question, how cleared out is this place." he whispered into the radio, M-16 at the ready. Opening the front door, he took it as a good sign that none of the poppers, runners, or normal zeds were in sight.

"Ah... I see..." He said, squeezing her hand. "Maybe Brie is with 'em, have faith, eh?" He said with a smile. (@Soul OMU)

---

Nathan emerges from his room and begins to make his way downstairs, but then notices Stew sleeping there in his path. He sighs and shakes his head before going up to him and crouching down beside him. "Stewart... you alright?" He asks quietly while shaking his shoulder. (@Stew)

Stewart jolts awake and slides down the steps,

"AGH" He lands at the bottom with a loud thud, he sits up slowly with a groan,

"Yeah, I'm alright." He stands and stretches. (@DrTrollinski)

Elizabeth gave a soft smile and nodded before wiping her eyes a bit and picking up her mug again to sip more tea. "I'm glad your safe... I-I don't know what I... What I would have done if something happened to you..." She said sniffing and rubbing her eyes. (@DrTrollinski)

"You looked like you were asleep, pal... seein' as the girl's on your bed right now, you can go crash in my room if you want. It'll definitely be more comfy than sleeping here." He said to him as he walked by him and wandered off to the bathroom, passing by the kitchen completely. (@Stew)

---

"Don't get upset for me, Ellie... I'm a tough guy, remember?" He said before grinning. "As long as I've got you and everyone else here that I care for--.. I ain't ever gonna' leave ya', I promise." He said to her, moving his other hand and cupping the one hand of hers that he was already holding. (@Soul OMU)

Elizabeth flashed him a smile before nodding. "I-I know... It's just... You guys didn't come back... I was... So worried that something horrible had happened... And something did happen and I couldn't do anything!" She sniffed slightly while resting her hand between his as she looked up at him. (@DrTrollinski)

Stewart grumbles before walking into the kitchen,

"Do you mind telling me where the coffee is?" He says as he examines the kitchen.

(@Soul OMU)

"I didn't want you in danger as well--.. you don't blame yourself for what happened to us. Don't you -ever- do that... if you start blamin' yourself you'll never come back from it." He said to her, lifting her hand and kissing it in a somewhat playful way, smiling at her for a moment while trying to hold back the tears. (@Soul OMU)

---

He looks up at Stewart and then nods off towards the kitchen counter, where a pot of coffee is sitting. "It's just there." He says to him. (@Stew)

Nathan walks into the kitchen after using the bathroom and glances around at everyone, forcing a faint smile. ".. morning, everyone." He says.

Cautiously going through the store, Conner doesn't see much of anything useful. He found nails and screws as well as an electric screw driver. Perhaps the stuff was in the back. As he was making his way to the back, he found the chain link. Mentally marking down where it was, he continues on his way. Eventually, he did make it to the back. "Oh, mamma, there is were you've been hiding." he said as he saw the generator. Now all he had to do was put it in the truck, haul it back, and hopefully get someone to help haul the chain link. As he was dragging the generator out, a spool of something caught his eye. It was the barb wire he was looking for. Grabbing some gloves, he gets the spool on its side, and begins to roll it out. He was able to find everything he wanted, and was in a pretty good mood. Hopefully nothing nasty met him on his way back.

Stewart walks over and gets a cup, he pours some coffee and sits down at the table,

"So, does anyone mind telling me a little about this group?" He takes a sip of his coffee.

(@Soul OMU)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back