• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

Quirk: Finger Guns - This quirk allows the user to shoot bright pink energy bullets from their fingers as long as at least two of them are touching. However, the user will suffer from "recoil," and this can damage the arms of said individual.
Special Move: Energy Shotgun - The user connects all their fingers together and fires multiple spread blast, this can only happen once, then they will risk destroying their arm.

Quirk: Finger Guns - This quirk allows the user to shoot bright pink energy bullets from their fingers as long as at least two of them are touching. However, the user will suffer from "recoil," and this can damage the arms of said individual.
Special Move: Energy Shotgun - The user connects all their fingers together and fires multiple spread blast, this can only happen once, then they will risk destroying their arm.
This was sitting in my quirk ideas file for a long time :V

I had a drones version of that in a nutshell. Was much less like Deku and more like Gundams XD

I feel the drawbacks are too severe. We've seen students use their best moves multiple times in a row, and while successive uses cause damage it isn't like using it twice in a row destroys them. Literally only person we've seen destroy themselves is Deku. Everyone else can use their best moves multiple times with varying degrees of damage.

^I'd make the character a full on western weeb xD

Shiiiiiiiiii-
Lifeissohardforme
Well, you keep pushing for ideas I already said no to. In different ways, but still the same ideas.
You keep pushing for power too. You want to pull something that is considered unfair in the system. You aren't exploiting the system you are trying to trick it into letting you break it.
You keep pushing for a bloodthirsty monster of some kind... despite there being conditions specifically designed to prevent the success of that.

And you want all of those traits at once.

yes, life is hard because you keep trying to create something that this roleplay bans and are not willing to make concessions for it. I admire that you want to see your ideas come to life and adapt them to this roleplay so vividly, but you can't forget what the roleplay is while crafting that.

You don't win a chess match by flipping the table my friend, you win it by playing it's rules to your favor.

I feel the drawbacks are too severe. We've seen students use their best moves multiple times in a row, and while successive uses cause damage it isn't like using it twice in a row destroys them. Literally only person we've seen destroy themselves is Deku. Everyone else can use their best moves multiple times with varying degrees of damage.
Preeetty much the issue there. Unless it's like a half-HP chomping ability.

Well, weakness IS encouraged in this RP

AKA the mob that got beat by All Might and Eraser head in two consecutive episodes, but with lasers instead of bullets

Well, you keep pushing for ideas I already said no to. In different ways, but still the same ideas.
You keep pushing for power too. You want to pull something that is considered unfair in the system. You aren't exploiting the system you are trying to trick it into letting you break it.
You keep pushing for a bloodthirsty monster of some kind... despite there being conditions specifically designed to prevent the success of that.

yes, life is hard because you keep trying to create something that this roleplay bans and are not willing to make concessions for it. I admire that you want to see your ideas come to life and adapt them to this roleplay so vividly, but you can't forget what the roleplay is while crafting that.

You don't win a chess match by flipping the table my friend, you win it by playing it's rules to your favor.
I did kiiiinda notice that cycle in itself. Something of a instinct I've had ever since I've started RP in the first place. Trying to keep that from surfacing is something of an issue, especially after hearing about other's abilities.

Well, weakness IS encouraged in this RP

I base all my stuff on the anime. Effectiveness, strength, weakness. And Deku's literally the only one that hurts himself, and even that was diminished massively after only six months. If you REALLY strain and REALLY push (just like real life), you can hurt yourself. But pushing beyond your limits doesn't automatically result in shattered arms and the like. The last fight with Bakugo and Deku is a perfectly example of what a more normal student suffers when they push beyond their limits. Not everyone's a body-breaker like Deku.

I base all my stuff on the anime. Effectiveness, strength, weakness. And Deku's literally the only one that hurts himself, and even that was diminished massively after only six months. If you REALLY strain and REALLY push (just like real life), you can hurt yourself. But pushing beyond your limits doesn't automatically result in shattered arms and the like. The last fight with Bakugo and Deku is a perfectly example of what a more normal student suffers when they push beyond their limits. Not everyone's a body-breaker like Deku.
You do realize the UA's the top hero school, right? And class 1-A are the students that scored the best in it's exam? That means that by that logic MINETA has a better quirk than average.

^I'd make the character a full on western weeb xD
YEE HAW

tl;dr Don't put the square into the circle block.

There is reward. It's called character growth/development, QEP and creativity
I'm talking about the character recognizing this themselves. Like, I may be rewarded from that... But they see nothing. They only think that it's simply better to ignore the "Special Move" altogether, as it's more for show than anything else.

half of a hero's career is about show
Then that's not a true hero...
That's a cartoon character.
And frankly, a dead hero is no hero at all. If they'd be more successful in their attempts by ignoring the special move, then why would they ever decide to use something that puts them at such a high risk for so little? Think from a person with this quirk's standpoint. They have a quirk devoted to hurting things for the most part. Now if they hurt things more efficiently with the normal mode, why would they use a move that puts so much hope into that one shot, especially if it isn't gonna do some amazing amount of burst damage, and puts them at risk of breaking an entire arm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back