• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia OOC

It's understandable for some guns to be feared for their usefulness in combat, but it'd be weird to not see them in the RP besides in the hands of villains and the like. They're a staple of law enforcement and riot control. A hero being unable to even have rubber bullets seems a bit odd in a world with quirks that can make hitting someone with anything else near impossible.

Take bolt-action rifles for example. In WWI, it was very common to see soldiers outright not use their rifles in CQB, because it was too big, and too slow to fire to reliably take out an opponent. And since bullets often don't down a charging target immediately, especially the rubber kind, the risk of getting stuck in melee is still there. Rubber bullets do hurt like hell though, and have significant kinetic energy to have a chance of breaking weaker bones in some cases. Generally, I don't think firearms are OP. It all depends on the purpose and usage of them.

A person with a holstered handgun has to draw and then aim, then finally fire at a target. This is assuming they're loaded, and the gun isn't on safe. At quite a few distances, a charging knife wielder can close larger gaps than you think, especially once the whole adrenaline thing kicks in. For a gun wielder, panicking can slow the draw even further. (Not saying they'll always do so.) This is also assuming they're using a handgun. With a bolt-action rifle, they'd have to bring it around to them from their sling, shoulder it and aim, fire, then get another round loaded via the bolt. All the knife wielder has to do is make themselves a tough target and advance.

Well, if it's guns we're talking about, we should also take into consideration gun laws. Dunno what the debate here is about, but if it's that a certain character should have a gun, I should feel like realistic Japanese gun laws should be brought up.

Well, if it's guns we're talking about, we should also take into consideration gun laws. Dunno what the debate here is about, but if it's that a certain character should have a gun, I should feel like realistic Japanese gun laws should be brought up.
If that's the case swords are off the list as well, as neither guns or swords are allowed to be used in Japan.
"The weapons law of Japan begins by stating "No one shall possess a firearm or firearms or a sword or swords", and very few exceptions are allowed."

Good point. But, there is a work around to this with the Ju-to-ho license. Too lazy to read into it myself.

I'm just saying that using the gun law as a counter argument also gets rid of daggers and swords in the shops. It's safe to assume heroes are allowed to use all conventional weaponry.

Guess it'd really just depend on the hero. Someone like Snipe needs it, but I don't think someone like Mt. Lady would need one... mind telling me a bit about your character for context though?

Guess it'd really just depend on the hero. Someone like Snipe needs it, but I don't think someone like Mt. Lady would need one... mind telling me a bit about your character for context though?
Oh, my character?
I haven't fully decided on a quirk yet, but I do know that they're going to take the idea more seriously than some. "Dirty" tactics, full covering type costume, ranged options...
Stuff like this.
Lightweight Armor.jpg Armor IS.jpg

I'm just trying to say that guns aren't as simple as pew pew you lose. If it was that simple, soldiers wouldn't be trained for CQC at all these days.
Of course they aren't. But they do give you an upper hand in pretty much all situations. Yes, they won't help you all that much in CQC, but the thing is; somebody would need to come closer to a character for a gun to become less effective and that itself can be difficult in many cases. But I can agree that swords and daggers also shouldn't be a thing.
That being said, I do believe that Idea's main concern with guns was that they do give a tremendous upper hand and that kids and guns aren't the best combo.

Leovonis Leovonis
If you don't want to spam the character thread, you can just edit your CS and let somebody know that you've done it either in PM's or in OOC.

Of course they aren't. But they do give you an upper hand in pretty much all situations. Yes, they won't help you all that much in CQC, but the thing is; somebody would need to come closer to a character for a gun to become less effective and that itself can be difficult in many cases. But I can agree that swords and daggers also shouldn't be a thing.
That being said, I do believe that Idea's main concern with guns was that they do give a tremendous upper hand and that kids and guns aren't the best combo.

Leovonis Leovonis
If you don't want to spam the character thread, you can just edit your CS and let somebody know that you've done it either in PM's or in OOC.
Well if they can't use guns, then there's not many other good ranged options. Crossbows take too long to use, as well as bows. Pretty much anything from the military has simultaneously been denied, and the only way to get a decent ranged capability is via quirk, and even then apparently the quirks won't ever get as good as bullets.

Well if they can't use guns, then there's not many other good ranged options. Crossbows take too long to use, as well as bows. Pretty much anything from the military has simultaneously been denied, and the only way to get a decent ranged capability is via quirk, and even then apparently the quirks won't ever get as good as bullets.
Yup. I don't see shuriken or throwing knives as being too viable either.
I understand where Idea is coming from with banning the guns, but in my opinion, if somebody were to design their character's quirk to work around those things, they should be able to use guns with non-lethal projectiles.

Yup. I don't see shuriken or throwing knives as being too viable either.
I understand where Idea is coming from with banning the guns, but in my opinion, if somebody were to design their character's quirk to work around those things, they should be able to use guns with non-lethal projectiles.
Generally, if someone's quirk isn't very useful in combat immediately like several others, I believe that they should at least have some sort of ranged option. Anyone with a combat quirk would trash someone without a way to fight back at a distance, or at least put in some damage without having to literally run straight at them like an idiot.

Generally, if someone's quirk isn't very useful in combat immediately like several others, I believe that they should at least have some sort of ranged option. Anyone with a combat quirk would trash someone without a way to fight back at a distance, or at least put in some damage without having to literally run straight at them like an idiot.
Well a character like that would probably be in the support class, so they'd probably have plenty of time and resources to build themselves something for protection and combat (Hatsume wasn't all that defenseless).
There's also a taser gun, but that's mid-close range.

Well a character like that would probably be in the support class, so they'd probably have plenty of time and resources to build themselves something for protection and combat (Hatsume wasn't all that defenseless).
There's also a taser gun, but that's mid-close range.
Taser guns are relatively short ranged. If I can have them build a directed energy weapon, then fine. But a taser is shorter ranged than most ranged quirks.

Well, you'll need to consult Idea about everything you build. And it will probably cost a lot.
Well how else am I going to get some form of actual defense in there? Quirks have a similar effect on combat to guns. They add another advantage to a person that not everyone has access to, or something similar. Unless you make a quirk to counter another quirk, generally going with any short ranged option is a bad idea. Because all the ranged quirks will dominate you, and so that's where guns come in to fix it. Thing is with guns, they have technically even less active time than quirks, especially without high capacity magazines.

tumblr_oschmz0LFU1sut0zqo1_500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back