• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood & Steel (Original - Contemporary Fantasy - Open)

Birdsie said:
Chris' bullet-time turned off, as he reactively saw the liquid on his left shoulder. He heard the voice of the Leader in his head, telling him about his fate. Chris' eyes widened up, then he smiled, no. He grinned. His grin was that of someone that just won a game of something, a winner's face. He started laughing. Then Chris looked to his left and literally grabbed a pigeon by it's legs. He held it upside down, with his left arm, and held up the revolver to it with his other hand. He looked at Plague and said "So... You believe Birds are more important than humans, right? Well, we're all about to see if that rumor is true. You're either giving me the cure... or..." he stopped, then pulled the enchantement with one finger. This would mean an ensured 100% lethality rate of the bullet, that would kill the pigeon. Chris was a cold killer, despite his behaviour and appearance. His life was an asshole to him, so Chris was an asshole in response. He would kill the Pigeon in cold blood, if he was not given a cure, or a legitimate lead on how to get one. "This bird's not gonna fly anymore."
"So?" he asked, looking at the Plague for an answer. Cure, or this Bird's life. That was the choice here.
He started to look down before lifting up his head, he snapped his finger which instantly snapped the pigeon neck,"Yes I do hold birds more regard then people, but that doesn't mean I keep them as the same status in people" He said holding his finger up,he started to press his hands together,"Your face of a winner is certainly a cocky one" He chuckled as he took out a dagger,"It's like a game of chess, you check me but can't find a way to end it with a mate!"He started to rub his beak, he clutched the wounds ,"But I would think a sacrifice of my pieces would help me in this game" he said as he took out another bottle, it contained some sort of clear material inside, written next to it said,"Cure" he hold it out "This is the cure, take it while you can" He said tilting his head

[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]"Yeah." she murmured. "I'm not sure if I want to join them."

[/QUOTE]
"I'm still going to. Cause, then we could help them stop the government, and try to stop them from being mean to people would most likely don't deserve it."

FireMaiden said:
"I'm still going to. Cause, then we could help them stop the government, and try to stop them from being mean to people would most likely don't deserve it."
"That's true." she said softly. She sighed and ran her hand through her thick hair.

[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]"That's true." she said softly. She sighed and ran her hand through her thick hair.

[/QUOTE]
"It'd be like we're hero's or something."

Grizzlot said:
He started to look down before lifting up his head, he snapped his finger which instantly snapped the pigeon neck,"Yes I do hold birds more regard then people, but that doesn't mean I keep them as the same status in people" He said holding his finger up,he started to press his hands together,"Your face of a winner is certainly a cocky one" He chuckled as he took out a dagger,"It's like a game of chess, you check me but can't find a way to end it with a mate!"He started to rub his beak, he clutched the wounds ,"But I would think a sacrifice of my pieces would help me in this game" he said as he took out another bottle, it contained some sort of clear material inside, written next to it said,"Cure" he hold it out "This is the cure, take it while you can" He said tilting his head
Chris reloaded, in boredom while the Plague spoke. "Remember... remember, the fifth of November. The gunpowder reason, and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." he recited from memory. "Nice poem isn't it? Dad taught it to me, when I was 10. It relates to the last rebellion in this country, over 150 years ago. It was silenced down, and failed. It's called the gunpowder treason, for a good reason. I think you can guess: It took place on the Fifth of November."

He looked up at The Plague, and aimed his pistol at him. "Now, you're probably thinking: Just why the fuck is he telling me this?" he said. "Right? Isn't that what you're thinking? Answer me, I'm curious. Do you know what I'm talking about, or are you only wondering?" he asked him, curiously, but there was something else in his voice. A strange confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]"I'm no hero." she said softly. "I haven't saved anyone, no matter how many times I've tried."

[/QUOTE]
"Well there's something we can relate about," August said with a small chuckle, but a sad expression. "But, that doesn't me we can't start now."

FireMaiden said:
"Well there's something we can relate about," August said with a small chuckle, but a sad expression. "But, that doesn't me we can't start now."
She sighed softly. "I'm just afraid that I'll mess up and lose the people I care about again."

[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]She sighed softly. "I'm just afraid that I'll mess up and lose the people I care about again."

[/QUOTE]
August sighed too, "I feel the same, though really, it's only my brother."

Birdsie said:
Chris reloaded, in boredom while the Plague spoke. "Remember... remember, the fifth of November. The gunpowder reason, and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot." he recited from memory. "Nice poem isn't it? Dad taught it to me, when I was 10. It relates to the last rebellion in this country, over 150 years ago. It was silenced down, and failed. It's called the gunpowder treason, for a good reason. I think you can guess. It took place on the Fifth of November."
He looked up at The Plague, and aimed his pistol at him. "Now, you're probably thinking: Just why the fuck is he telling me this?" he said. "Right? Isn't that what you're thinking? Answer me, I'm curious. Do you know what I'm talking about, or are you only wondering?"
He looked at the gun,"I'm going to guess it's due to me saying thing would be forgotten, yes that "thing" would never be forgotten, it's quite the poem, made by the people who were for the anarchy, well to say the rebellion,i'm no MP, I have nothing to care about the rebellion, he started to tap his cane again, "Your farther is rather rebellious to say that, now aday even if you started to say the first few words the MP would immediately shot you on sight,but tell me what great true importance is there for you to tell me that, I am dying in this wondering" He said tilting his head the other way, Chris could feel a sharp pain going in his spine, a pain he never experience

Grizzlot said:
He looked at the gun,"I'm going to guess it's due to me saying thing would be forgotten, yes that "thing" would never be forgotten, it's quite the poem, made by the people who were for the anarchy, well to say the rebellion,i'm no MP, I have nothing to care about the rebellion, he started to tap his cane again, "Your farther is rather rebellious to say that, now aday even if you started to say the first few words the MP would immediately shot you on sight,but tell me what great true importance is there for you to tell me that, I am dying in this wondering" He said tilting his head the other way, Chris could feel a sharp pain going in his spine, a pain he never experience
Chris responded with "Because it's leader used magic to enhance his organism in many ways. One of them was that he could eat anything, and that anything was turned into magical energy that provided him with sustenance. He consumed gunpowder for 12 days, locked in a basement in an attempt to survive... and he did. Then he was shot."

"Except, I plan to do the same as him, right now. In a way. Except that I'm no enhanced human. But, I'll use gunpowder to live." with an eager smile. He took out a revolver bullet from his pistol, then placed it on where his wound was. He crushed it, using his revolver's hilt. The ice magic inside of the revolver's bullet exploded, into Chris' body and stopped all bleeding and the advance of the poison. He could not move his left shoulder at all, but he just really made his life longer with this, as the poison could not advance - Same went for his death.

Chris felt the pain, but didn't react that badly. He learned several things through his life - That pain is his life. He was used to the feeling of pain. Besides, pain as his father taught him is: "Weakness leaving the body." so he could only feel proud to feel pain. To add on top of that, the adrenaline he felt didn't wear off fully, acting as the most effective, natural painkiller. While he did shriek from it, just a bit. He did not flinch.

"Well. Give me the cure, and you can go." Chris said, looking at the Plague.

Birdsie said:
Chris responded with "Because it's leader used magic to enhance his organism in many ways. One of them was that he could eat anything, and that anything was turned into magical energy that provided him with sustenance. He consumed gunpowder for 12 days, locked in a basement in an attempt to survive... and he did. Then he was shot."
"Except, I plan to do the same as him, right now. In a way. Except that I'm no enhanced human. But, I'll use gunpowder to live." with an eager smile. He took out a revolver bullet from his pistol, then placed it on where his wound was. He crushed it, using his revolver's hilt. The ice magic inside of the revolver exploded, into Chris' body and stopped all bleeding and the advance of the poison. He could not move his left shoulder at all, but he just really made his life longer with this, as the poison could not advance - Same went for his death.

Chris felt the pain, but didn't react that badly. He learned several things through his life - That pain is his life. He was used to the feeling of pain. Besides, pain as his father taught him is: "Weakness leaving the body." so he could only feel proud to feel pain. To add on top of that, the adrenaline he felt didn't wear off fully, acting as the most effective, natural painkiller. While he did shriek from it, just a bit. He did not flinch.

"Well. Give me the cure, and you can go." Chris said, looking at the Plague.
He dropped down on to the floor, no other movement were made, but black smoke came out of his body, the body soon vanished into the air, soon he felt wind pass by him,an Illusion Spell, he used the time of his illusion to make a getaway, he moved into a safe location, only wounds were the first two shots, he started to remove his mask, he looked inside the mask, it was full of blood he has coughed out,"He was quite smart, too bad most of it comes with someone's help" he whispered, he took out some bandages and started to wrap it around his wounds, he started to wipe the mark slightly, he didn't want anyone to see his face so he quickly attached back to his face and limped towards a wall, he tapped it with the cane, thus opening a secret room, he entered and started to find his chair

Grizzlot said:
He dropped down on to the floor, no other movement were made, but black smoke came out of his body, the body soon vanished into the air, soon he felt wind pass by him,an Illusion Spell, he used the time of his illusion to make a getaway, he moved into a safe location, only wounds were the first two shots, he started to remove his mask, he looked inside the mask, it was full of blood he has coughed out,"He was quite smart, too bad most of it comes with someone's help" he whispered, he took out some bandages and started to wrap it around his wounds, he started to wipe the mark slightly, he didn't want anyone to see his face so he quickly attached back to his face and limped towards a wall, he tapped it with the cane, thus opening a secret room, he entered and started to find his chair
Chris laughed at his attempt and said "Illusion spell? Did you forget I get to know what you're up to, as long as the leader is alive?" with a curious voice. He took a step in the Plague Doctor's real direction, despite being unable to see him, he aimed it at where he was. It actually took him a few seconds to know where his location was, as if he was playing a 'Hot, or Cold' game with someone else.

He followed the Plague, step by step, just behind him. Then, aimed his revolver once again, at where the Plague would be. "So, as I said: The Cure." after a few seconds he added "Now's your last chance."

Jacob decided to make himself useful. Well it was more along the lines that Jacob didn't have any throwing knives plus he didn't have a clairvoyant leader guiding him. "Ok time to see if I'm not too rusty with this." Jacob placed his hands on the ground and a green aura surrounded him. Now he can see every nook and cranny in the city. He eventually found three people in a secluded area. "Huh a slide. I'll give these guys credit a slide in a dumpster is a pretty good idea. And the fact it has two directions to go is even more impressive." Jacob saw one problem how was he going to get in the slide was positioned to go into the sewers. How were him and Nova supposed to get there?

Birdsie said:
Chris laughed at his attempt and said "Illusion spell? Did you forget I get to know what you're up to, as long as the leader is alive?" with a curious voice. He took a step in the Plague Doctor's real direction, despite being unable to see him, he aimed it at where he was. It actually took him a few seconds to know where his location was, as if he was playing a 'Hot, or Cold' game with someone else.
He followed the Plague, step by step, just behind him. Then, aimed his revolver once again, at where the Plague would be. "So, as I said: The Cure." after a few seconds he added "Now's your last chance."
He turned his head ever so slightly, he took a sharp breath, their were many books in the area, a small kitchen with a tea kettle on the stove, besides it you could see a large cup and a smaller cup,"I already offered you the cure, you shot me instead, and now you ask for the cure" He said reaching into his pocket, he then took out a pocket watch, "It's almost time and it would be a bother for you to stay here and interrupted us" He said, he took out a ring and tossed it to your direction,"There is no cure, it was handmade to be use for lethal, but you outplayed me, the ring is a magical ring, it would soon consume the poison, but once you take it off the lethal in the poison would automatically kill" he said walking towards the stove and turning it on and placing his items onto the counter, waiting for the kettle to hiss

Upon entering his temple, Theo was greeted by a mass of servants. They all welcomed him and kowtowed in admiration. He beckoned for them to stand as he strode through the main hall towards his throne.

"Welcome home, Milord."

"We are blessed in your presence."

"Will you share your grace with us?"

Theo paused and raised his eyebrow at that request. Everyone gasped and stared at the unfortunate idiot who dared to request Theo's personal attention.

Theo simply motioned for the petitioner to follow him, as he made his way to his throne and stood before it. The poor man was trembling as he finally realized that he may have made a grave mistake.

"Mi-mi-milord, please forgive me. I have overstepped my bounds. I-”

"That's enough, Harris. I have no intention of punishing you. You have caught me in an auspicious mood, so I will grant you request. If your faith in me falters, though, you will die."

Theo reached out towards the quivering man, and laid his clawed hand upon his torso. Without warning, he push through the man's chest and removed his heart. There was no blood, no wound. The only sign that he had had his hand in Harris's heart was the fact that it was beating frantically in his hand.

Several initiates screamed and yelled in surprise. The last time Theo had taken a heart, it was of the MP overseer of Nightfall Atrium. He had devoured the heart and cast the rest of the regime into maddening darkness.

With the pulsing in his hand, Theo withdrew a single obsidian feather from his mantle and pierced the heart. The feather was absorbed into the heart, which turned dark and began to race. He placed the altered heart back inside of Harris and watched as it took effect.

Harris doubled over in pain and began cawing vilely. His nails became small talons as his hair was replaced with dark gray feather down, and his eyes became bird-like. Harris tore his shirt in frustration, and a small Raven tattoo, similar to Theo's, could be seen on his chest upon his heart. After several minutes of convulsing, Harris collapsed upon the floor in exhaustion. His nose had elongated into a beak-like point.

"Tell me Harris. How does the weight of my grace sit upon your shoulder?" He kneeled down and rested his hand on the transformed man's arm.

"Milord, I can feel your strength flowing through me. Thank you." His speech was staggered and breathing still pained him as his lung finally halted their reconstruction.

"You are mine now Harris. As my strength flows through you, your faith feeds me. Zach, Chaz, take your new brother to rest. He must be taught his new limits as well." The two boys appeared in a small flurry of shadow feathers, without their cloaks and coverings, their ash gray feathers could be seen. They bowed and carried Harris away with ease.

This was Theo's most terrifying ability at work, his Carrion's Touch, informally called the Heart-tap by his supporters, and the Becoming of Carrion Fodder by his enemies. By pulling out a victim's heart, he can use their body as a mana factory bolstering his own power and granting them new strength as well. He could also devour the heart and permanently increase his own powers and lengthen his life, though at small fraction of what he could get from leaving them alive.

Theo stood and walked towards his throne and sat down heavily. Heart-tapping was strenuous for him too.

Grizzlot said:
He turned his head ever so slightly, he took a sharp breath, their were many books in the area, a small kitchen with a tea kettle on the stove, besides it you could see a large cup and a smaller cup,"I already offered you the cure, you shot me instead, and now you ask for the cure" He said reaching into his pocket, he then took out a pocket watch, "It's almost time and it would be a bother for you to stay here and interrupted us" He said, he took out a ring and tossed it to your direction,"There is no cure, it was handmade to be use for lethal, but you outplayed me, the ring is a magical ring, it would soon consume the poison, but once you take it off the lethal in the poison would automatically kill" he said walking towards the stove and turning it on and placing his items onto the counter, waiting for the kettle to hiss
Baku said:
Jacob decided to make himself useful. Well it was more along the lines that Jacob didn't have any throwing knives plus he didn't have a clairvoyant leader guiding him. "Ok time to see if I'm not too rusty with this." Jacob placed his hands on the ground and a green aura surrounded him. Now he can see every nook and cranny in the city. He eventually found three people in a secluded area. "Huh a slide. I'll give these guys credit a slide in a dumpster is a pretty good idea. And the fact it has two directions to go is even more impressive." Jacob saw one problem how was he going to get in the slide was positioned to go into the sewers. How were him and Nova supposed to get there?
Chris grabbed the ring and nodded, then said "Great." He turned around, saying "Remember, the fifth of November." then left the room, but hesitated for a moment when he was at the exit. He looked back at the Plague and said "Thanks for the ring, by the way." then finally taking his leave.

Chris looked around for Jacob. He walked up to his colleague and asked "Have you figured something out, my valiant, veteran villain?" with a giggle afterwards. "I can tell you did."

FireMaiden said:
"Cool! For the help I mean," August said, clarifying what she meant. "So, Arthur, what the hell are you doing with my arm?"
@Safety Hammer
Arthur, with his OCD and love for fixing things, actually ended up replacing every single part of the automail, when all he needed to do was tighten a screw. He looked up at August and realized how overboard he went.

"That's the fifth time this month..."

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]Arthur, with his OCD and love for fixing things, actually ended up replacing every single part of the automail, when all he needed to do was tighten a screw. He looked up at August and realized how overboard he went.
"That's the fifth time this month..."

[/QUOTE]
Vanessa walked up to him. Her ankle was fixed, somehow. She would look at him, "Hey." She muttered with a smile.

Gabriel97 said:
Vanessa walked up to him. Her ankle was fixed, somehow. She would look at him, "Hey." She muttered with a smile.
Arthur looked up and gave her a smile as well. "Oh, hi. How's the ankle?"

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]Arthur looked up and gave her a smile as well. "Oh, hi. How's the ankle?"

[/QUOTE]
"Pretty good..." She said, looking down at her feet.

(What kind of relationship there's between them?)

Gabriel97 said:
"Pretty good..." She said, looking down at her feet.
(What kind of relationship there's between them?)
(Friends. But if you want her to have a crush on him, feel free to.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back