[Blood-Dimmed Tides] Non-PC OOC Thread

@cap: you should see the thread moderator options when you mouse over the threads.

If not, ask Dark Wizard to fix your permissions.

Requesting ST approval for the following custom Charm:

[Element] From Within

Cost: -

Mins: Lore 5, Essence 4

Type: Permanent

Keywords: Elemental

Prerequisite Charms: Elemental Bolt Attack

The Charm turns Elemental Bolt Attack into an innate power, with Speed 5, Rate equal to

the character's Essence and the usual motes cost.

The Overwhelming quality of the attack is also raised from 2 to 3.

xarvh said:
[Element] From Within

The Charm turns Elemental Bolt Attack into an innate power, with Speed 5, Rate equal to

That doesn't make sense. I know why you'd want it, but without essence how will she make the fireballs? And, would it make Cinder a one trick pony?

Alright, let's see if I can make this work for me. Elemental Bolt Attack uses 1m for every 2L of dices with 20 X yards in range. How about this? Lower the essence requirement by one, have the cost at 4motes for 2l, and make the motes needed committed. I know that nerfs the charm you presented quite a bit, but you have to admit that that charm is a 'Pimp ur Dragon Blooded" kind of charm.

...or just have it be that the DB can't throw any fireball higher than 2L.

xarvh said:
Uh? The essence cost would not change at all... oO
Bugger.

I missed one detail. I even had a long paragraph drawn up on how I thought the charm was twinky, and reminded me of Super Mario Bros. Now it seems lame. From what I'm reading the charm gives a bonus to speed and Overwhelming.

Drop the essence requirement to 2, and call it 'Greater' Elemental Bolt attack.

I think 'From Within' should be like this, and feel free to disagree and to scrutinize. It's just an idea open for critique.

[Element] From Within

Cost:-

Speed 5

Mins: Lore 3, Essence 3

The Dragon Blooded can shoot small shots( 2L) of elemental bolt quickly at the rate of their permanent essence, and still gain the elemental benefits of the attack as stated in Elemental Bolt attack. Any bolt afterwards costs 1 additional mote. Basically, the the other benefits of Elemental Bolt aren't applicable. Essentially, the charm is meant to allow teh DB to become something of an elemental machine gun.

Is this an upgrade?

Does it count as a Charm use (Simple Charms cannot be flurried)?

What does it mean 2L? Normally Cindy shots at 0L and adds damage via elemental effect and Glorious Birthright Font.

What other benefits are you talking about? The Accuracy bonus?

xarvh said:
Is this an upgrade?
Does it count as a Charm use (Simple Charms cannot be flurried)?

What does it mean 2L? Normally Cindy shots at 0L and adds damage via elemental effect and Glorious Birthright Font.

What other benefits are you talking about? The Accuracy bonus?
Well, each blast has an effect appropriate for its elemental. And it would be a permanent charm and wouldn't count as a charm used. I'm surprised you're interested. The bolts don't pack a whallop...well Cindy's would, but each blast is 2L. And they wouldn't be ab,e to be used in that uber combined Power Ranger attack mentioned in the later part of the Elemental Bolt attack's description.

To be honest, I'm not very interested in an attack delivering 2L.

Would the attack action count as charm use?

Can't I just have what I asked, it has higher requirements... Why should I settle for something underpowered when I can reach more powerful charms?

xarvh said:
To be honest, I'm not very interested in an attack delivering 2L.
Would the attack action count as charm use?

Can't I just have what I asked, it has higher requirements... Why should I settle for something underpowered when I can reach more powerful charms?
Yeah, sure. And if you looked at my posts I lowered the requirements.

captmadjaq said:
Yeah, sure. And if you looked at my posts I lowered the requirements.
Sometimes I have the impression that you do not really read what I write.

Why should I care about lower requirements when I already surpass them?

Why should I care about an inferior Charm (lower requirements) when I could access more powerful Charms (with higher requirements)?

xarvh said:
Sometimes I have the impression that you do not really read what I write.
Why should I care about lower requirements when I already surpass them?

Why should I care about an inferior Charm (lower requirements) when I could access more powerful Charms (with higher requirements)?
I didn't modify them just for you. Rei may want them, and the requirements just seemed so high for me. And yes, I have a feeling I'm not reading what you write either.

The requirements are high because the charm is powerful.

I don't need a charm less powerful than what I have already.

The fact that "Rei may want them" is one of the most inane and preposterous excuses I have ever heard, I don't really know how to put it in a nicer way whilst staying honest.

I'll stick to canon shit and that's it, unless you need that Charm for Rei.

Jeez, xarvh, chill out. :eek:

You're acting like Cap's trying to have your character neutered or something. Relax, man.

xarvh said:
[Element] From Within

That is a tight charm but I don't think it should be essence 4, essence 3 would be fine and it will be just as effective to someone with essence 4 already.

Arynne said:
Relax, man.
Do people actually relax when you tell them to? =P

Anyway, no need to, I'm just pissed, not angry.

(And frustrated. And nervous. And tired. And losing hope for humanity. I despair, for humans are incapable of balancing a niche feature of a niche rpg! Oh! Woe unto us! Mankind is lost! Life is meaningless! I shall go and cut my wrists already, declaiming a 2.5ed Charm entry for any drop of blood I pour in the bathtub.)

Just don't over-read a forum post. =P

@cap: If you are ok with what I suggested, I can't be but totally satisfied.

Essence 3 or 4, will not have any effect whatsoever in this game, unless Cindy meets her evil (uhm.. good?) mirror, which will have anyway Essence 4... Ok, I'll stop here.

Thanks. =)

Besides, earlier today I was diving on a fucking huge wreck and I feel my body is still floating and reading your posts with underwater stuff has just another colour. oO

xarvh said:
"Relax, or I'll kill you!"
I gotta try this. :D
Oh, I can feel the worries of the world just wash off me. That was the best threat I've ever had! :P We should threaten more people, I'm sure they'd live longer.

I was trying to talk to the water aspect, but apparently she is already off the ship. However if you want to get all angsty feel free I guess.

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Well, let's see what roll Xarvh got to kill my character. T.T

[/QUOTE]
I've done worse. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back