[Blood-Dimmed Tides] Non-PC OOC Thread

Sorry for the delay. Sometimes I take a notebook and think about what I am going to do before doing it. It would suck giving you a challenge and making it too hard.

My goal for this is to get everyone together and actually see the threat of the mystery you're in, with one big battle....with the warstrider......rampaging......like Godzilla....

Are we going to start a new thread with the ship coming into port?

That's right, and I am composing the first post as I am typing this...well, you know what I mean. Not quite that talented, typing two things at the same time. Maybe if I was a two headed octopus....hmm. Crafts genesis, anyone?

So, it just crossed my mind that you should be getting some essence back. Well, here it is.

It's a quarter to 9, so you can have 4 hours worth of essence back.

And, go ahead and tell me how far your character moves. Because of the distance, the warstrider's attention, and size differences I'm giving you your dash speed X3 and one simple action for free before rolling JB.

It does have a ranged weapon built into its chassis, so Cinder might not be able to see it, or if she does recognize it.

Sher, WTF are you using?! O_O

Damage + Suxx - Soak = 16L + 15 - 24 = 7 dice to roll for damage

Am I missing something? oO

Essence Arrow Attack increases the damage by 4L, and Phantom Arrow technique adds an additional +1L

Still, that would get to 12.

Also, Phantom Arrow Attack does not add to damage, only Inexhaustible Bolts does.

And I didn't see your Combo declared.

Xandra has Inexhaustible bolts, and maybe what I posted was confusing. Basically I gave one action, enough to get simple charms up and running, and 3 x your dash. That's it.

I do find it a little backwards when attacks are rolled before Join Battle when a bad guy appears. Maybe Exalted should 'adopt attacks of opportunity'. :mrgreen:

@Xarvh

And yes it does have enough HL to have join battle, and continue on. As for the weapon, you identify it as something unique only to it. Which brings me to a roll for Dorissa.

@Arynne, it just struck me that Dorissa can have an epiphany in regards to this fight and the bot. So sorry about that, but it just occurred to me. Please roll Perception + Awareness at difficulty 3.

xarvh said:
Also, Phantom Arrow Attack does not add to damage, only Inexhaustible Bolts does.

My bad. I did post that the attack was a Essence bolt, but I didn't actually say I was activating my combo, even though I had thought I was clear about that. Sorry. Base damage for the firewand is 16, plus 4 more for Essence Arrow, and I guess I made a mistake for the 1L that I thought was from Phantom Arrow which is actually from Inexhaustable Bolts of Solar Fire. If it is needed for me to reroll without the extra damage from the combo and the 1 HL from IBSF, I will. I just need a call from the ST about it.

Sherwood said:
xarvh said:

My bad. I did post that the attack was a Essence bolt, but I didn't actually say I was activating my combo, even though I had thought I was clear about that. Sorry. Base damage for the firewand is 16, plus 4 more for Essence Arrow, and I guess I made a mistake for the 1L that I thought was from Phantom Arrow which is actually from Inexhaustable Bolts of Solar Fire. If it is needed for me to reroll without the extra damage from the combo and the 1 HL from IBSF, I will. I just need a call from the ST about it.
I have the same problem sometimes, forgetting to put a detail in and assuming I had. Never fun. And, it's alright if you want to edit the post. My DM at tabletop would have let you change, but not roll again. He runs d20. This is the st system, so, that makes it a little awkward, not a lot.

Since it's obvious that you had a moment and misposted, and if everyone else is alright with it, please go ahead and just edit the post. Then state why it was edited in the 'edit field'.

And your combo is easy to miss on your sheet, to me.

Yeah, let's just continue without messing more with the dice, didn't make any dramatic difference, it's an error we can ignore.

Do we have any clue that there is not a human inside there?

What's the apparent damage that the warstrider got?

It's made of Jade, and you did manage to crack it. On top of that, it came out of the water already damaged. It's limping and has dents and cracks from previous battles.

A while back I liked this game called mechwarrior three. MW is the only game that shooting someone in the crotch was a legitimate and preferred attack for scrapping mechs, that I know of. My table top group kid about taking an 'alpha strike' to the nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back