• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]what am i supposed to say now?
fire's out.

i need something a bit more substantial that actually happened before i churn out a post

[/QUOTE]
there's jenna being a cat and the kistune following her around, there's a giant dragon in the sky, there's burn wounds to heal...?

just suggestions, not trying to say your wrong or anything! just, what do you mean in terms of substantial? the conversation grinded to a halt for understandable reasons - should we try and bring it back around now that it's over? or did you mean something in terms of something concrete actually occurring?

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh but nothing i say or do really does anything it's kind of frustrating not doing anything.

"Oh there's a cat"

"Oh there's a fox"

"Oh there's a fucking dragon"

"Hey someone should heal people"

What I'm saying is there's nothing for me to add beyond what is obvious

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]ugh but nothing i say or do really does anything it's kind of frustrating not doing anything.

"Oh there's a cat"

"Oh there's a fox"

[/QUOTE]
Generally people become rather startled and defensive after nearly dying in a blazing fire and then having an apex predictor come up to them, if I may add.

And it's not every day you see someone get blown into the air in Circ de sole style and turn into a dragon...

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]ugh but nothing i say or do really does anything it's kind of frustrating not doing anything.

"Oh there's a cat"

"Oh there's a fox"

[/QUOTE]
i can understand that. i can imagine if forest cove is feeling the same, since there isn't much they can do other than write themselves to safety. would it better if we tried to write the conversation from before back into existence so that we can all get our barrings? like neverbetter mentioned, the fire is likely to be startling, so we could talk our feelings about that, too, and what we all want to do now that it's over.

BUT THAT'S NOT ADDING ANYTHING

do you read

Saying there's a dragon or screaming about the enemy is still not adding anything to the conversation

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]BUT THAT'S NOT ADDING ANYTHING
do you read

Saying there's a dragon or screaming about the enemy is still not adding anything to the conversation

[/QUOTE]
It's not adding when it's starting the convo.

because why the fuck does no one wanna talk about someone just turning into a dragon.

or a near-death experience in fire.

I MEAN FOR CHRISTS SAKE SOMEONE HAS A MINI SUN FOLLOWING THEM NOW/shot

I mean, regardless, if we don't have a post soon, I'll be moving us to the next section. But come on, give it a whirl at least. Not every scene has to be action-packed...

I'm sorry, I'm being a child

I can try and get a post up

It's tough to do character development posts like would be required here when I don't have any history to go off of

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]I'm sorry, I'm being a child
I can try and get a post up

It's tough to do character development posts like would be required here when I don't have any history to go off of

[/QUOTE]
It's also tough to make a character who could literally destroy the planet if he wanted to work in an RP fairly, but I did it.

See: Spaghetti scene from the original Tainted Blood.

NeverBetter said:
It's not adding when it's starting the convo.
because why the fuck does no one wanna talk about someone just turning into a dragon.

or a near-death experience in fire.

I MEAN FOR CHRISTS SAKE SOMEONE HAS A MINI SUN FOLLOWING THEM NOW/shot

I mean, regardless, if we don't have a post soon, I'll be moving us to the next section. But come on, give it a whirl at least. Not every scene has to be action-packed...
because reactions are all everyone else has written about doing. they're probably tired of it by now. if it was most, or a little, it'd be something cool or interesting, but as it is, just writing reactions to things isn't the only thing that's going to develop character - it's talking and actually interacting. which is most of why people like roleplay. combined with yuffie mentioning there's just no past to go off of, substantial conversation is essential.

rusticyawn said:
because reactions are all everyone else has written about doing. they're probably tired of it by now. if it was most, or a little, it'd be cool and exciting, but as it is, it's not character developing like it should be, which is most of why people like roleplay. combined with yuffie mentioning there's just no past to go off of, substantial conversation is essential.
Good point.

Sorry if I sounded a tad rude, I get a little judgmental when I'm cranky.

NeverBetter said:
It's also tough to make a character who could literally destroy the planet if he wanted to work in an RP fairly, but I did it.
See: Spaghetti scene from the original Tainted Blood.
You mean tough to godmod?

15170320.gif

In my cycle, this sort of thing ended in death. And blood, lots of it.

What in the Prothean Empire did I miss?

SuperiorKunivas said:
15170320.gif

In my cycle, this sort of thing ended in death. And blood, lots of it.

What in the Prothean Empire did I miss?
Nothing because my post timer runs out in like 10 minutes, and then I have to post an update.

Why 10 minutes?

Because uploading and editing videos take a while.

NeverBetter said:
Nothing because my post timer runs out in like 10 minutes, and then I have to post an update.
Why 10 minutes?

Because uploading and editing videos take a while.
Then I will post. If I do not, you have earned the right to remove all of my eyes and make me consume them for Brunch.

It's a...Prothean Custom.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]if your posting in ten minutes there will not be a post from me within this time fyi

[/QUOTE]
SuperiorKunivas said:
Then I will post. If I do not, you have earned the right to remove all of my eyes and make me consume them for Brunch.
Fine, fine, whatever.

SuperiorKunivas said:
Thanks for posting <3

Xion136 said:
Thanks for posting <3
You're welcome. <3

Though I would kindly make a request you edit: Shepard introduced herself as Shepard and asked for her name, likes to associate a face with a name, especially pretty. xD Eclaire didn't say hers.

SuperiorKunivas said:
You're welcome. <3
Though I would kindly make a request you edit: Shepard introduced herself as Shepard and asked for her name, likes to associate a face with a name, especially pretty. xD Eclaire didn't say hers.
I'll fix that now.

NeverBetter said:
Good point.
Sorry if I sounded a tad rude, I get a little judgmental when I'm cranky.
it's all good! i'm glad things seemed to have turned out for the better. (i had to leave immediately after i posted that and was admittedly a little worried!)

i've read everything up to your new group post, so i'll get on that now and go from there. kudos, everybody!

basically why I didn't post yet is because I was waiting for someone to notice the cat and the fox. But I guess I could post something dumb so this doesn't die

notice me senpai

@rusticyawn

Pashpu said:
basically why I didn't post yet is because I was waiting for someone to notice the cat and the fox. But I guess I could post something dumb so this doesn't die
notice me senpai
Looks like the situation has changed, and the time for noticing the cat and the fox has come and gone :(

The cat and the fox will be noticed someday. Someday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back