• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

@Remmock are you new? Who are you?

And @NeverBetter you have to think like they in there times. It's easy to look from outside and say it could have been avoided. No, when Germany became a nation it destroyed the concert of Europe which was keeping the peace at the time. Secret alliances is part of politics (at least pre-20th century) because of there mind set, a great War would have to come. Sure it could be delayed but it would always come. In order to avoid it you would have to go back before Germany was formed.

Remmock said:
@NeverBetter If it's all right to say, from what I read the assassination was what sparked the war, however as it turns out there were mounting tensions between the different nations that had already been building up for quite a while. If Archduke Ferdinand hadn't been assassinated, it likely would have been some other matter coming up to trigger hostilities.
As it stands, the dominoes description is accurate, as some nations even declared allegiance to one side after war began just so they could declare war on the opposing side without looking petty.
You're also quite right. But it really depends on the events playing from then on if the Duke hadn't been assassinated. At that point, it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the straw was like a steel girder on a piece of dry spaghetti which had a bunch of rocks miraculously balanced atop it in the first place without breaking it. In theory, it could have been fine, but there is a limit to everything. It's entry possible thst had that been avoided, and things given enough time, tensions may have lowered. It was an issue that came at the worst possible time.

MsPolite said:
@Remmock are you new? Who are you?
And @NeverBetter you have to think like they in there times. It's easy to look from outside and say it could have been avoided. No, when Germany became a nation it destroyed the concert of Europe which was keeping the peace at the time. Secret alliances is part of politics (at least pre-20th century) because of there mind set, a great War would have to come. Sure it could be delayed but it would always come. In order to avoid it you would have to go back before Germany was formed.
Remmock is new, yes.

That honestly is a poor outlook on it, in my opinion. I don't blame it on the country itself, but poor choices made at the time by its leadership. It was a conscutive failure on all sides, no one was purely noble in this dealing, as with anything in life.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]She answered his question as she looked over the group, her eyes lingering on the very handsome Nio for a second.

[/QUOTE]
Handsome=Positive View(Usually)=Not hated

YAY! Nio is not despised by all! This is a miracle!

VioletShadow said:
Handsome=Positive View(Usually)=Not hated
YAY! Nio is not despised by all! This is a miracle!
for the record I as a player like Nio, and tbh I have a few ideas for new characters that could potentially like Nio as well. In fact I almost wanna scrap Xai'kah at this point cuz he just... didn't turn out the way I wanted him to, I don't wanna post as him anymore. (also his existence gets in the way of Xenith x Jah'Ri and at this point idk why I even wanted to do that at all ;P) Honestly if I'mma make a third character that's probably wise, cuz I'm not great at multiple chars and three is usually too much for me xD

Btw sorry for replying after you've already gone offline and prolly won't see it until tomarrow morning your time Q.Q... tfw rpn doesn't give you notifs about OOC messages. Pretty much every group rp I'm ever in has that issue at one point or another, idk why.

DergTheDergon said:
for the record I as a player like Nio, and tbh I have a few ideas for new characters that could potentially like Nio as well. In fact I almost wanna scrap Xai'kah at this point cuz he just... didn't turn out the way I wanted him to, I don't wanna post as him anymore. (also his existence gets in the way of Xenith x Jah'Ri and at this point idk why I even wanted to do that at all ;P) Honestly if I'mma make a third character that's probably wise, cuz I'm not great at multiple chars and three is usually too much for me xD
Btw sorry for replying after you've already gone offline and prolly won't see it until tomarrow morning your time Q.Q... tfw rpn doesn't give you notifs about OOC messages. Pretty much every group rp I'm ever in has that issue at one point or another, idk why.
It's nice to see that you like Nio, and I was also confused about Xai'Kah when you first created him too. I was wondering if you were literally putting a line between Xenith X Jah'Ri xD

On the weekends, I go to sleep an hour later, so no worries there, you caught me just as I was heading to bed :P

VioletShadow said:
It's nice to see that you like Nio, and I was also confused about Xai'Kah when you first created him too. I was wondering if you were literally putting a line between Xenith X Jah'Ri xD
On the weekends, I go to sleep an hour later, so no worries there, you caught me just as I was heading to bed :P
Lolz yeah, at one point I thought 'y'know I kinda introduced Xai'kah to add drama to the rp but, with Nio being around isn't that kinda to much drama? xD ' so yeah methinks Imma replace him. Not even with another dragonborn, me gots other ideas.

Best. Timing. Ever xD

Goodnight. Looking forwards to when you have time to post of course, but no rush.

DergTheDergon said:
Lolz yeah, at one point I thought 'y'know I kinda introduced Xai'kah to add drama to the rp but, with Nio being around isn't that kinda to much drama? xD ' so yeah methinks Imma replace him. Not even with another dragonborn, me gots other ideas.
Best. Timing. Ever xD

Goodnight. Looking forwards to when you have time to post of course, but no rush.
I love wide varieties of characters so I'm really looking forward to it! I've got my eye on the character sign-up tab... xD

Turns out, my mother presented me with a bowl of fruit to eat before I go to bed. So, I'm on a little bit longer.

Luck is seriously on your side right now xD

I'm almost done, somehow. I spent most of today researching, yet putting it together was easier than I thought. I guess when you know what you're writing about, it becomes a lot easier (Who knew?)

VioletShadow said:
I love wide varieties of characters so I'm really looking forward to it! I've got my eye on the character sign-up tab... xD
Turns out, my mother presented me with a bowl of fruit to eat before I go to bed. So, I'm on a little bit longer.

Luck is seriously on your side right now xD

I'm almost done, somehow. I spent most of today researching, yet putting it together was easier than I thought. I guess when you know what you're writing about, it becomes a lot easier (Who knew?)
Lolz, I'll probably have him up tomorrow. (my tomarrow, possibly your two days from now... timezones are wierd xD ) There's one hint, it'll be a male. As much as I love yuri, there really does need to be more straight pairings so perhaps another dude in the mix'll help. xD

Yay! ^_^ I was initially confused when you replied, I thought"why is she still up?" xD

Sweet! Yup lol, that';s how it works.. it feels wierd to spend a lot of tiime researching for something then bang out the paper itself, but if you think about it it makes a lot of snese as you said.

Nio is, sorta of a weird character in my book, aside from being an cold (Pun intended) Arsehole, Threatening old ladies and refusing to help destroying a robot that could very well endanger him too. And his protectiveness over Xenith. I still don't see much to like about him still. Well I guess im either blind or he needs to prove himself to me :P

And Tolan, before Tolan and Jah Jah try to kill him (Tolan will if he thinks Nio's not to be trusted).

Then again I doubt y'all like Tolan either xD

@DergTheDergon you should kill the character you don't like off some how. And Nio is eh. He is a well made character and a good antagonist towards other protagonist. But now I'm curious to what would happen if he is killed by the angels... hehe he xD

MsPolite said:
@DergTheDergon you should kill the character you don't like off some how. And Nio is eh. He is a well made character and a good antagonist towards other protagonist. But now I'm curious to what would happen if he is killed by the angels... hehe he xD
Yeah, I prolly should. I shll brainstorm about how exactly to do that whilst waiting for peeps to post.

Man, what is with Violet's characters and being hated by angels and the like? xD I'm so sorry @VioletShadow

Waiting for MSpolite to post with her angel posse before posting, so I can have Hanz interact with them and Xenith :P

MsPolite said:
DergTheDergon said:
Yeah, I prolly should. I shll brainstorm about how exactly to do that whilst waiting for peeps to post.
Man, what is with Violet's characters and being hated by angels and the like? xD I'm so sorry @VioletShadow
Yeah, @MsPolite do you hate me or something? xD

My characters are already disliked enough thanks :P

Scrapmaster said:
Waiting for MSpolite to post with her angel posse before posting, so I can have Hanz interact with them and Xenith :P
Whoops, I didn't get notified on never better's recent post. I'll post today.

Scrapmaster said:
MsPolite said:
Whoops, I didn't get notified on never better's recent post. I'll post today.
After MsPolite's post, I'll write my reply up too.

I'm looking forward to the angels' actions ^-^

VioletShadow said:
Oi @NeverBetter
Please head to page 27 of the OOC chat and reply to my question. Thank you.
i would assume it's both, @VioletShadow. he has to factor these things into rolls, so it's probably something he keeps track of, and whatever advantages your character has is relevant to other players, so it would be helpful to keep track of it on your character sheet, anyway.

@VioletShadow just a heads up, the angels are going to swoop in taking xenith by surprise and slam her into the dirt, folding her arms on her back like they are putting her "underarrest" then pour a bit of holy water on your head. This will be painful, but they will do it with without saying a word. The lowest ranking angel will then do a memory transfer to tell her that "hey we can Try And "Heal" You Of Your Corruption." Then @Scrapmaster they will get up picking the vampire up and knee before hanz declaring him the avatar of light and truth.

VioletShadow said:
Do you take notes of things like these? Or should we make a note of them in our character sheets?
Edit: Oi @NeverBetter
I take note, but I would also suggest putting them into the sheets, so that newcomers have something they can read to get caught up on.

MsPolite said:
@VioletShadow just a heads up, the angels are going to swoop in taking xenith by surprise and slam her into the dirt, folding her arms on her back like they are putting her "underarrest" then pour a bit of holy water on your head. This will be painful, but they will do it with without saying a word. The lowest ranking angel will then do a memory transfer to tell her that "hey we can Try And "Heal" You Of Your Corruption." Then @Scrapmaster they will get up picking the vampire up and knee before hanz declaring him the avatar of light and truth.
Haha, you should have kept it a surprise...

Well isn't this a pleasant situation for Xenith.

It's not really memory transfer, it's more like telepathy?

Last edited by a moderator:
MsPolite said:
That's totally godmodding... Unless this is you asking permission to do it, you can't just slam someone into the dirt and move their arms and put them through pain and do a memory transfer... That's totally taking control of their character, and considering how wary Xenith has been in her posts, I don't think you'd catch her by surprise

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]That's totally godmodding... Unless this is you asking permission to do it, you can't just slam someone into the dirt and move their arms and put them through pain and do a memory transfer... That's totally taking control of their character, and considering how wary Xenith has been in her posts, I don't think you'd catch her by surprise

[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking, but to a lesser degree. I'll work with my post to see if I can make her struggle or attack them, because I refuse to let Xenith be taken by that much surprise. She literally KNEW the angels were there, and was keeping an eye on them. She even gave a signal to Jah'Ri and Nio to let them know as well. So if anything, I think they'll protect/retaliate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back