• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

NeverBetter said:
So uh.
Remember when I said watch out for the blast

Fia aimed right into the cockpit (The torso) with her minisun, and the roll is a proc physical with science bonus, her two highest stats, resulting in a base 9.

Even if Fia critically fails, she cannot not stop the self-destruct I had planned originally before checking through everything again with my post.

God damn it fia you're thwarting all of my plans.

can i get a fanart of fia just shooting the plot in the face plz
Feeling kinda inbalanced, honestly. Peeps are getting power-ups (like Jenna getting thrown int oa potion store and getting watter manipulations...for some reason).

I fear at the end game some chars are gonna be straight USELESS due to not getting power ups from just being unlucky...you know...just like a true Dungeons and dragons game -_-

Scrapmaster said:
Feeling kinda inbalanced, honestly. Peeps are getting power-ups (like Jenna getting thrown int oa potion store and getting watter manipulations...for some reason).
I fear at the end game some chars are gonna be straight USELESS due to not getting power ups from just being unlucky...you know...just like a true Dungeons and dragons game -_-
Everyone will guaranteed progress, dude. Don't worry about that.

Also, though I may make the rules, the world is sentient. If it stops liking what you're doing, you may have a bigger problem...

which at this rate might happen in like two pages from now if this level of instability keeps going.

too much technical jargon, you lost me ;(

(the Fia post)

Last edited by a moderator:
NeverBetter said:
Everyone will guaranteed progress, dude. Don't worry about that.
Also, though I may make the rules, the world is sentient. If it stops liking what you're doing, you may have a bigger problem...

which at this rate might happen in like two pages from now if this level of instability keeps going.
I'l believe it when I see it... :)

Pashpu said:
(the Fia post)
Fia's OP. End of Story.

Fia'l beat the RP for us at this rate if what NB said proves untrue.

Pashpu said:
(the Fia post)
Basically, rolling a 1 would normally be an instant failure as you would be below the normal required stat total for a success. But Fia's stats, and the way they were checked in this instance, meant that a 1 would mean success, just a lame success.

Pashpu said:
but we already knew that :D
The fact she just stopped the incoming explosion, invalidated all other character's efforts by killing Rais and melting through the mech kinda proves that even more xD

I sense an inbalance in the force...

Scrapmaster said:
The fact she just stopped the incoming explosion, invalidated all other character's efforts by killing Rais and melting through the mech kinda proves that even more xD
I sense an inbalance in the force...
Just remember imbalance can some times balance. (Lol) imbalance is sometimes necessary. And please excuse my bluntness but Fia seem like a weak character, and I don't mean her power level. She seems to naive and inexperienced, easily trusting and can be betrayed easily, or manipulated. So that may be her balancing factor although unintentional it may be.

[color=rgb(0 said:
It was finally over. They could breath again. The town was saved. The machines of war either long gone or destroyed. They had finally a chance to take a victory lap.[/color]
Well, I hope Xenith can take a rest. Her wound is re-opening. But...knowing Bellaum and the four angels...there is a high chance for more combat.

VioletShadow said:
Well, I hope Xenith can take a rest. Her wound is re-opening. But...knowing Bellaum and the four angels...there is a high chance for more combat.
Not if hanz can help it

NeverBetter said:
Even if Fia critically fails, she cannot not stop the self-destruct I had planned originally before checking through everything again with my post.
God damn it fia you're thwarting all of my plans.
tumblr_inline_ng9ybo9ZEm1r8ir52.jpg

MsPolite said:
Just remember imbalance can some times balance. (Lol) imbalance is sometimes necessary. And please excuse my bluntness but Fia seem like a weak character, and I don't mean her power level. She seems to naive and inexperienced, easily trusting and can be betrayed easily, or manipulated. So that may be her balancing factor although unintentional it may be.
yep! that's an apt assessment of her, but i understand Scrapmaster's feelings about how powerful she is and share his concerns. i'd rather my... astoundingly good luck(?) not be the thing that ruins the fun for anyone. NeverBetter says progress will be guranteed going forward, though, so hopefully it won't be an issue! in the meantime, i'll do my part in making sure fia isn't put somewhere where she could potentially do some real damage to the tension, like whatever is going down with xenith vs. bellaum r/n. i know fia would likely want to participate in some way, but i'll make sure she isn't included.

Caesar is on the path to greatness

Got a super cool light magic tome and has super advanced reactions and can teleport using the deaths of his victims

Will likely be unable to post today, I was given a drastic homework task to complete over the weekend which will take up a lot of my time. It's a giant presentation-assessment, which for some strange reason, we are only given a few days to complete.

I'll try my best and see what I can accomplish.

VioletShadow said:
Will likely be unable to post today, I was given a drastic homework task to complete over the weekend which will take up a lot of my time. It's a giant presentation-assessment, which for some strange reason, we are only given a few days to complete.
I'll try my best and see what I can accomplish.
What's the subject matter, if you don't mind me asking?

@VioletShadow oh just my two cents, I believe ww1 became inevitable when Germany became a nation. Just fyi. If you wanna know more about the seminal catastrophe look up extra history on YouTube and crash course history. They are pretty cool.

ah, sorry @Remmock! i had that post mostly done before you posted, and in this case, i figured it would probably be better if i just hurry up and move fia out of there, so that she isn't there for what's about to go down. there's plenty of other people left on the battlefield, though, so odile will get definitely get noticed!

MsPolite said:
@VioletShadow oh just my two cents, I believe ww1 became inevitable when Germany became a nation. Just fyi. If you wanna know more about the seminal catastrophe look up extra history on YouTube and crash course history. They are pretty cool.
I differ from you in that, in my opinion, World War 1 was completely avoidable, but people decided that others had to die, thus resulting in an explosion in activity of multiple hidden alliances, which, because it's a domino effect, was more or less the cause. It's possible that, if, hidden alliances hadn't been formed or the Arch Duke hadn't been assassinated, the first World War could have been avoided entirely. Not helping my stance on that is that I don't believe in inevitability except for in laws of the universe (As in, (when gravity is present) what goes up must come down (eventually) And the like.)

Now, if you ask me, at what point that I thought that the war was likely to come, I would say at the beginning of the forming of secret alliances. One nation goes to war and it's allies back it up, but everyone had allies, of course, and just like a row of dominoes, all it takes is one to fall the wrong way and then boom. I doubt anyone knew what kind of mess the War was going to be like because not everyone knew the connections that each country had. They had assumed it would be like any other war. But they were wrong.

Hey guys, when did that lore tab get here?

And who wrote the message in Zalgo?

...Uh...

Looking over my posts now, the Zalgo stuff wasn't there before... Right?

I mean, I didn't put it there, I only just noticed this stuff now...?

NeverBetter said:
Hey guys, when did that lore tab get here?
And who wrote the message in Zalgo?

...Uh...

Looking over my posts now, the Zalgo stuff wasn't there before... Right?

I mean, I didn't put it there, I only just noticed this stuff now...?
O.o .... OOC threads need the new Spook rating. It'd actually be great if all types of threads gave you access to all the ratings :/ .

Srsly tho I've always wondered how you get that fancy, creepy hard to read font or whatever. Looking up Zalgo, which I've really never heard if before, now I know xD

DergTheDergon said:
O.o .... OOC threads need the new Spook rating. It'd actually be great if all types of threads gave you access to all the ratings :/ .
Srsly tho I've always wondered how you get that fancy, creepy hard to read font or whatever. Looking up Zalgo, which I've really never heard if before, now I know xD
Lol it's used a lot in reference to Elder Gods, at least on the internet, and at least surrounding the most popular one it seems, Cthulhu, still unsure what put that stuff there.

NeverBetter said:
Lol it's used a lot in reference to Elder Gods, at least on the internet, and at least surrounding the most popular one it seems, Cthulhu, still unsure what put that stuff there.
Probably your evil twin, AlwaysBetter.

@NeverBetter If it's all right to say, from what I read the assassination was what sparked the war, however as it turns out there were mounting tensions between the different nations that had already been building up for quite a while. If Archduke Ferdinand hadn't been assassinated, it likely would have been some other matter coming up to trigger hostilities.

As it stands, the dominoes description is accurate, as some nations even declared allegiance to one side after war began just so they could declare war on the opposing side without looking petty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back