• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

Trying to figure out these game mechanics.... So Caesar's skill is noted as a critical success, critical failure on skill roll. Does this mean I criticize succeeded when it came to determining what happened, granting me a skill, but the roll to determine which skill I got failed giving me a bad skill?

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]Trying to figure out these game mechanics.... So Caesar's skill is noted as a critical success, critical failure on skill roll. Does this mean I criticize succeeded when it came to determining what happened, granting me a skill, but the roll to determine which skill I got failed giving me a bad skill?

[/QUOTE]
If Critical successes are the only things that will give us new skills then I'l be pretty worried xD

As for yours I think the success gave you a skill, BUT you failed the rolls on the skill itself, giving it a horrible side effect, with benefits if you keep it in check.

And seeing Caesar, and then looking at Tolan, they have pretty good chances of becoming pals :P

rusticyawn said:
if im honest, i had every intention of having fia doing something more... stylized? but i didn't want to do anything big out of anxiety you'd look at it and go, "uh.... rustic, what the fuck is this" and do a life saving roll or something because i had no idea what was going on and did something really stupid, haha. i even thought about the minisun, since you referenced it directly and sort of hinted at it being possible to do something more with it, but i kinda chickened out and did something to just sort of test the waters instead. thank you for the help and advice. i really needed the perspective, and i will try to be a little more outgoing with it in the future. :3c
it's okay Fia, Jah'Ri doesn't even have much of a combat style because it just works for her. She usually takes one of two options: charge at something, toast the muthafricka, or charge at something and overwhelm it with her strength, claws and teeth. I'm really exctied to see what you do with Fia in the future, but I totally understand the not doing anything too drastic thing lol. That's honestly part of the reason why Jah'Ri is so simple minded when it comes to combat lol, she's your standard strong and dumb type, so is easy to play :P

Last edited by a moderator:
DergTheDergon said:
it's okay Fia, Jah'Ri doesn't even have much of a combat style because it just works for her. She usually takes one of two options: charge at something, toast the muthafricka, or charge at soemthing and overwhelm it with her strength, claws and teeth. I'm really exctied to see what you do with Fia in the future, but I totally understand the not doing anything too drastic thing lol. That's honestly part of the reason why Jah'Ri is so simple minded when it comes to combat lol, she's your standard strong and dumb type, so is easy to play :P
Well then thats perfect because Tolan's plan is setting up a trap to trip those machines, they are probably in the forest and heading towards them, so basicaly Tolan can set up traps, using the trees to trip them with a Rope. (possibly).

When they go down, you and Fia can cook the mofos.

Post is done.

I kinda tore Xenith's actions a new one with Tolan...im not apologizing xD

And I must say this, I will never get tired of Tolan Rping as him. RPing as the lovable asshole who like it or not is a good guy but can't exactly show much kindness is a very refreshing experience for me.

Scrapmaster said:
Post is done.
I kinda tore Xenith's actions a new one with Tolan...im not apologizing xD

And I must say this, I will never get tired of Tolan Rping as him. RPing as the lovable asshole who like it or not is a good guy but can't exactly show much kindness is a very refreshing experience for me.
Question: was calling Jah'Ri "Jah Jah" intentional or not xD ? I don't mind, in fact I actually find it pretty amusing and a fitting nickname for her. xD

Today, I will not have any free time long enough to make a decent post. I refuse to give everyone a half-hearted post, therefore I shall post tomorrow. It would be saddening if you had to wait a whole day for me, so please carry on the roleplay. In the meanwhile, every now and then when I get a little bit of freetime, I will be updating my character sheets with new information, as well as read your new posts.

VioletShadow said:
Today, I will not have any free time long enough to make a decent post. I refuse to give everyone a half-hearted post, therefore I shall post tomorrow. It would be saddening if you had to wait a whole day for me, so please carry on the roleplay. In the meanwhile, every now and then when I get a little bit of freetime, I will be updating my character sheets with new information, as well as read your new posts.
hey, that's totally fine and methinks we all understand. ^-^ I had a feeling you'd be busy today considering your drop in activity compared to the last few days this morning. Well, this morning for me, I've deduced our time zones are quite different xD .

DergTheDergon said:
hey, that's totally fine and methinks we all understand. ^-^ I had a feeling you'd be busy today considering your drop in activity compared to the last few days this morning. Well, this morning for me, I've deduced our time zones are quite different xD .
What time is it currently for you? It's 19:13 for me.

*That way I know when to stalk you...*

Hm it seems to be 15:25 right now for me

Oh well. Time to think of more nicknames for people.

Xenith: Xeny

Jah rii: Jah Jah

Xicor: Iron man

Hektor: tophat.

Jenna: Beast girl.

Caesar: Outrider

Belluam: Winglady

Nio: Iceboy.

Fia: Lavagirl or sunGirl

Xeniths vampire poss: peeps with fangs.

Jah Jahs dragonborns: scale people.

All of them are prone to change.

VioletShadow said:
7 hours apart...I thought it'd be less than that xD
Why did you say yay? Do you want me to stalk you?
Honestly I had a feeling it was quite far apart cuz you kept referring to going to bed in the mid-afternoon and eating dinner around noonish here xD

...Maaaaybe.... :3

@rusticyawn[/URL] 's Minisun, she perfect critical rolled all three checks, one on the field action check, one on ability check one, and then another on ability check two. (Perfect is a 30 or higher on the roll, mind you, with your stat score accounted)

For Ceaser, he rolled a critical roll, check for ability granted new skill, rolled low-quality skill. Powerful, but nearly no one wants to be be a deranged psycho killer.

VioletShadow said:
Honestly, there will not be an update today, I'm not in the best of mindsets at the moment and don't feel the temperment will lift any time soon, and you all deserve a post that I gave my all to write as well. So, feel free to go nuts.

rusticyawn said:
if im honest, i had every intention of having fia doing something more... stylized? but i didn't want to do anything big out of anxiety you'd look at it and go, "uh.... rustic, what the fuck is this" and do a life saving roll or something because i had no idea what was going on and did something really stupid, haha. i even thought about the minisun, since you referenced it directly and sort of hinted at it being possible to do something more with it, but i kinda chickened out and did something to just sort of test the waters instead. thank you for the help and advice. i really needed the perspective, and i will try to be a little more outgoing with it in the future. :3c
I am never one to stifle combat creativity unless isn't something that out-right doesn't make sense like running on arrows mid-flight. At that, if it didn't work, you already made it well-known you're desire to improve your skills at combat scene writing, I would let you know over just rolling it.

SolisNighsun said:
Then your golden ball of fiery fire turns about to be like... a controllable atomic bomb or something xD
I mean it IS a minisun...

NEARLY everyone doesn't wanna be a psycho killer. Personally, I think it could come in handy if I plan it out right. Like, full on assault tomorrow, just stop killing for a second and I can murder everything.

I'd also be interested in stat tables. I appreciate you trying to make the game not as numbery but I'm very interested to see for my own GM purposes.

I'm not gonna even front the reason I'm not gonna share it right now is cause its in my own incomprehensible style that looks butt ugly.

I'll work on making a usable page soon.

Whenever I wake up in the morning, I am always excited to see new posts. But there wasn't even one. *Cries every time*

It's my fault though, so I'm going to start working on a post right now!

@NeverBetter Are you taking charge of when Nio wakes up? Or can I wake him up?

The attack's ready for when the Frames get closer so the trap can be sprung. so its up to NeverBetter.

VioletShadow said:
Whenever I wake up in the morning, I am always excited to see new posts. But there wasn't even one. *Cries every time*
It's my fault though, so I'm going to start working on a post right now!

@NeverBetter Are you taking charge of when Nio wakes up? Or can I wake him up?
You're free to control.

So in the middle of making the stat page for you lot earlier today, something corrupted the original page file, so I lost all of everyone's stats. If you gained a stat point at any given time, forgive me, as I went off of my last paper backup that wasn't destroyed that I made around the start of the RP, so things MAY be out-of-date.

Also: Keep in mind, I've deleted anyone from the list that I'm relatively certain isn't coming back, or if they ARE coming back, I want to wait till the player is for-sure ready to be back in the game. I'm currently re-writing the Stats page for myself so I have mine with my notes and such, as such, I don't know if a Post will come today.

Beyond the Third Sky Strategy Guide (That'll be tree fiddy) Guide that explains (For the most part) a lot of the system I built this game around.

Beyond the Third Sky Players Stat Sheet! Requested stats page!

Edit: Right link was put in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back