• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

@rusticyawn

Do you know any other interesting roleplays that fit my criteria? I'm rather bored as this is practically my only roleplay, the rest have died.

Criteria:

-Active at least every two days

-Requires at least a paragraph of text

VioletShadow said:
@rusticyawn
Do you know any other interesting roleplays that fit my criteria? I'm rather bored as this is practically my only roleplay, the rest have died.

Criteria:

-Active at least every two days

-Requires at least a paragraph of text
unfortunately, i don't. if anyone else is aware of one, i'd like to hear of it, too, because i'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

rusticyawn said:
unfortunately, i don't. if anyone else is aware of one, i'd like to hear of it, too, because i'm pretty much in the same boat as you.
There's one that I am currently creating a character sheet for, and seems quite fun as the owner has already made a good story setting, called 'The Lost Treasure Of Creation', would you like to join too? Also if you do find another roleplay, let me know (:3)

The Link: Detailed - The Lost Treasure of Creation (Open and Accepting!)

VioletShadow said:
There's one that I am currently creating a character sheet for, and seems quite fun as the owner has already made a good story setting, called 'The Lost Treasure Of Creation', would you like to join too? Also if you do find another roleplay, let me know (:3)
oh, thank you for the recommendation! i'd definitely check it out right now, but i'm actually going out for lunch right this second, so i'll get back to you about it when i get back home. (same goes for you, @Pashpu, thank you for inviting me!) and i'll definitely let you know if i find something good!

rusticyawn said:
sorry about sort of bowling you over here, @Scrapmaster. i tried to give you some time to respond, but a lot seems to have happened in the meantime, and if i didn't go ahead and respond, i'd feel like our group would be left a little far in dust.
but on a separate note, this update makes me want to put to paper some of the ideas i had about fia's race, since it seems to becoming relevant! maybe i'll do that sometime later today, if i have the time. by the way, i appreciate the lore we got in this one, @NeverBetter! i'm a real sucker for smaller pieces of world building, like currency and how different races view each other, but it was all pretty nice. i especially like how the war seems to have sprung up out of seemingly nothing important - it seems fantastical and realistic at the same time, somehow.
The race is definitely relevant. The potion shop actually has a bit of a tidbit on a certain race which I'm exited to show.
And anyway, I love worldbuilding, the more details the better, in my opinion. That, however, does bring up a point I wanted to address:

Just like with the world itself being molded by you lot, you have a say in Lore and the way the world itself will respond. Have any ideas for a sub-plot you wanna run by me? Do it! The biggest reason I wanted to make this RP was to see what kind of world a game where the players have just as much say in the plot and world interactions as the host would create, and whilst I have my own plans, don't fear to stray off the path. Just know that straying isn't what everyone in the game wants.

I want it.

But maybe there is another force at work here. A little more sinister, and a lot more controlling. But do you defy it? I pose that question to you all.

NeverBetter said:
The race is definitely relevant. The potion shop actually has a bit of a tidbit on a certain race which I'm exited to show.
And anyway, I love worldbuilding, the more details the better, in my opinion. That, however, does bring up a point I wanted to address:

Just like with the world itself being molded by you lot, you have a say in Lore and the way the world itself will respond. Have any ideas for a sub-plot you wanna run by me? Do it! The biggest reason I wanted to make this RP was to see what kind of world a game where the players have just as much say in the plot and world interactions as the host would create, and whilst I have my own plans, don't fear to stray off the path. Just know that straying isn't what everyone in the game wants.

I want it.

But maybe there is another force at work here. A little more sinister, and a lot more controlling. But do you defy it? I pose that question to you all.
I am always adding sub-plots, but I tend to leave a bit of time in between each one to give an opportunity for the other party to add something new as well (They don't usually do). Take for instance the ancient ritual book, and how it evolved into the blood magic page that people crowded around. Once in a roleplay (Not on this website), everything was calm and peaceful, and I was getting a little bored, I caused a giant earth worm to erupt from the ground and eat my legs. (o'v'o)

VioletShadow said:
got back home from lunch! i've been in high spirits ever since i woke up, but i think lunch has even improved them, if that's possible, so i've got a lot of good energy to spend on creative-type stuff, hehe.

i did read through the overview, @VioletShadow - i'm always a little wary of high-fantasy seeming stuff because i've never really... dipped my toes into it, but this seems my speed. i'll have to mull it over before i make a decision, though, because commitments are scaarrry.

NeverBetter said:

I want it.

(/rubs my grubby little hands together)

i'll definitely have to give fia's race a serious thought, then. it was soooort of a contrivance at first, but i rarely like making and keeping things like that if i can help it, and i had a solid idea about what they were like about the time i was writing fia doing her fire dance. in fact, i think i was motivated by @VioletShadow's updated thoughts on vampires at the time to elaborate a little more on fia's race for myself, actually. i was going to sort of leave it as it is, and just have fia's reactions be based on my general ideas of it, but knowing it's going to likely be relevant, now, i think it'll be a good idea to put them to paper and make it concrete.

as for sub-plots... fia is the sort who naturally manages to stir up trouble if it's there to be stirred, but i'm a little inexperienced on... well, long-term cooperative roleplay in general, even for as long as i've been doing this, so it'll be something new to try for sure. i think i've always been scared of being too outlandish and pulling people somewhere they don't wanna go when the opportunity introduces itself that i've been a reaction-based roleplayer exclusively, so i really need to get out of that mindset. i did have some ideas once i heard the lore, but we'll see. ;-)

(/suddenly remembers that to add more information to my character sheet i'd have to update the bbcode on it, which was made exclusively for my short ass application, to be more friendly towards long passages of text)

tumblr_muw5x3CtRF1qglx18o5_500.jpg

I am thinking up of a sub plot for Tolan and blood magic since I had him state the word is familiar to him. (Would link to his life stealing magic he doesnt know he has yet).

As for Hektor and Xicor's sub plots I am unsure on what to do.

I'l run by some ideas with NB. BUT if any of you wanna include any of my characters in the sub plots. Feel free to pm me.

My apologies. Real life is yapping at my heels, and I've got no time to post.

Go ahead and carry on without me, and post as if Jonas is simply observing from the sidelines without doing much.

[QUOTE="Drunk Dragon]My apologies. Real life is yapping at my heels, and I've got no time to post.
Go ahead and carry on without me, and post as if Jonas is simply observing from the sidelines without doing much.

[/QUOTE]
Trust me, I feel ya. Take the time you need.

@DergTheDergon

Just giving a chance for people to join our group, as we ready for battle.

(Someone could overhear and attempt to join etc.)

EDIT: I just remembered I will be going to a restaurant tomorrow for my sister's birthday. I'm not sure if we are doing anything else, so I cannot guarantee that I will be able to post. Sorry in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real sorry for being missing, got real busy for a little bit.

Can anyone give me a quick update of recent events? I'm posting now just going off of some of the more recent posts, but I'd appreciate an actual summary.

[QUOTE="Yuffie Kisaragi]Real sorry for being missing, got real busy for a little bit.
Can anyone give me a quick update of recent events? I'm posting now just going off of some of the more recent posts, but I'd appreciate an actual summary.

[/QUOTE]
welcome back!

i think you got all of the important stuff. everyone of dying plains picked up and moved into town, a lot of the town/forest cove group moved into the library, had a secret blood magic book stolen from their arms by the disapproving librarian, nio is Evil Maybe and groped a plant girl (with permission), a group of vampires and dragonborn circled around jah'ri and xai'lah and xenith, asking for help with The War, almost everyone heard a gunshot hit the barrier just now and part of the dying plains group is in eye's distance of forest cove/town group. oh, and some of the dying plains group met up with muro and jonas. that's about it, i think.

The site went offline twice while I was typing that reply.... ugh.

But I got it done. Btw @SolisNighsun hate to bother you again but I may need Xai'kah for future events and would like to keep his interactions with Jaighed going. Please let me know if you won't be able to post soon.

DergTheDergon said:
The site went offline twice while I was typing that reply.... ugh.
But I got it done. Btw @SolisNighsun hate to bother you again but I may need Xai'kah for future events and would like to keep his interactions with Jaighed going. Please let me know if you won't be able to post soon.
Comin.. .comin

Fricken flu....

SolisNighsun said:
Comin.. .comin
Fricken flu....
Ah, take your time if you're sick. Just wanted to know what was up and now I know :) . Jeez, it's like a flu has been spreading through the internet to rpn users lately, all my active rps have had at least one sick member xD

@VioletShadow I suppose you could say Nio and Jah'Ri get along like...

*dons sunglasses*

Ice and fire.

Sorry, thought of this while typing my post and just had to. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Tolan's not exactly entitled to be there. He knows he isn't and he doesn't care xD he's there because he has a debt to pay. And the fact that he doesn't want the battle to move to the city.

I just had him be an asshole cuz Xenith was rude :P he is a prerry nice guy. As long as someone isnt rude to him.

As the Easter holidays have just begun for me, I will be going on holiday for a few days. Therefore I won't be able to post.

I might possibly be able to post today, before I leave, it depends on how quickly I can pack.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Lekar said:
@NeverBetter I should be fine to just jump back in now that the holidays are over, if I could be brought up to speed that would smooth things over.
Quick summary of everything is that both the Forest Cove and Dying Planes groups are in a town known as Cobblelock, where a fight between the two dominant kingdoms often takes place. I would suggest reading my post on page 7 for information on the war. Anyway, after learning about the war, some of Forest Cove's group left the Library, namely Jah'Ri and Xennith, who headed out to try and take out the Republic to return a number of captive Vampires to freedom. Dying Planes group entered the library. That's about all the story-important stuff there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back