• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers: Next Generation

sitanomoto said:
"Friday?" Cassie muttered weakly.
"Sorry boss, but he's telling the truth. He hacked into your father's computer."

That was it. The last straw. Cass had snapped. She started laughing. Laughing till tears came out of her eyes and she couldn't breathe. "You think..." She started laughing again. "Oh, this is just too good, Gus Gus." She wiped the laughter tears from her eyes and stood, looking at her team. "Good to see you, Laxus." She nodded to Alex in thanks and then looked up at the ceiling at Perry's announcement. "Great, send him up. We need all of the help we can get." Then she looked at Gus. "Dammit, Augustus. You think you're the only one to be screwing with my head today? I've had ENOUGH of this BULLSHIT. Am I really the only one besides Redd that has had their mind fucked up?" She looked around the room. "No one? Okay then." She turned back to Augustus. "You honestly think you can tear apart the Avengers now that you, for lack of a more insulting phrase, rule over the world?" Cassie shook her head. "If you really want my support, get the fuck out of my lab, the fuck out of my life, and stay the fuck away from this building, and I'll leave you alone. Otherwise," her left gauntlet lit up in flames. "I will bring down hell on you like you have never seen before." She glared at him defiantly. "You think I'm a killer? A murderer, like my father? Keep screwing shit up around here and in my life and I'll make you see how much of a killer I can be."

(Obviously Cassie has had it. There normally would not be this many cusswords in her vocabulary.)
Augustus singled out Cassie, making the projection turn into what looked like a real version of himself. He loved her reactions, he wanted more! The rage in his heart was finally being fed properly, and by god it was good! He put all his hatred of himself on her, and all of his hatred of the Avengers on her, and all his hatred of Doom on her, and all his hatred of Life on her. He had to keep on pushing, he wanted to break not the Avengers... but her.

Augustus used her overwhelming emotions to finally lock his link, using his mind, magic, technology and power of cosmic to make this as real as he could. He made it look like everyone screaming in agony, melting down as he unleashed crimson lightning. He boasted, "Fucked up... that's how you describe your tiny little trap of a mind?" He marched forward, and stared Cassie down. He tried to give her overwhelming pain and suffering, which in the illusion looked like him ripped her soul out of her body. He spoke out, "I don't have to break the Avengers. You aren't a team, your a militia that goes for whatever they want. You destroy and justify it because the foe is also destroying, so why don't I stop them? You think. For all your charms, for all the things that make people like and love you... you always find a way to push them away and force them to ruin. Without the Avengers, what are all of you? Nothing... or is all that is left is your love and determination? I will admit, you still have what I do not... and I feel nothing but sorrow and pity on you. Raised in sin.... Greed for all the overwhelming cash, pride for Stark being your father, Gluttony on your own ego and fame, Lust for more and more and more, Wrath for those who opposed you or tried to break you, Sloth for your friends and your morals, which only acted once the wrong was already done.

"Neither of us are perfect my dear. I wanted you to be one of my friends, I wanted to patch the rift. But now? Now I could give two shits less... you are nothing but sin and suffering that goes onto others! You are your father's child alright."
He tossed the spirit back, and forced her to watch as Augustus destroyed the 'real' form 8 times, each time pulsating out a disturbing and disgusting memory from her life and from her fathers, though the ones from Tony were just what Augustus thought the events would look like. He showed the time where the shrapnel was stuck inside Tony's heart from the explosion in Afghanistan. He showed Stark when he was under the influence of Immortus during the Onslaught event, doing many horrific acts. It showed Tony going through the EXTREMIS treatment, and then a few other memories of Cassie's choosing happened. Augustus just kept on laughing, as the illusion built up and up, the entire tower burning and Redd pounding outside the glass on the helipad, before being shot down by helicopter fire. The bullets flew through and murdered Terry, with Friday roaring out, "Data containment breach, all safe houses being targeted by Orbital Bombardment. I am sorry boss..."

Augustus showed one final illusion as he shattered the 'real' Cassie, a false memory of Tony with stolen DNA of Pepper Pots, and in a test tub making a living clone. In machines he ran hundreds of different simulations, marking them all up for the best possible time line with some hardship for 'character'. He labeled the tube, "Cassie" before walking away, J.A.R.V.I.S. watching over the operation as the memory ended. Augustus let out the final line, "You are nothing, and no one needed nor loved you. You just stole their hearts Cassie, and I will just build them back. Stark Industries made the world burn and suffer... your just the precipice of it. Most of them secretly wish for you to just die and let some one else take the place. Maybe Terry would be better.. hmm? Or Redd?" He lifted up the false, bloody head of Redd, before throwing it at Cassie. Augustus then covered her eyes, before crushing her head.

The illusion ended, but it all felt so real, as if the very world itself was choking and being forced down her throat. Cassie was perfectly fine in the tower after the ordeal was over. Augustus wiped all official and unofficial digital records of Cassie Stark up until her 12th birthday, and then changing it so that was her first year of school, making it look like she appeared from the Void. He added in some plans to wipe her documented history, but that would take longer. Augustus let go of the astral image, and dropped to a knee cowering with delight and a unexpected urge to sleep. He set up some plans for the next few days, sending them to his personal A.I. to manufacturer and work on while he slumbered. His own personal A.I. received her name and directives with bliss and cheer Zeta. She began copying all the files in the Stark Labs, while whipping out all of Cassie's personal files up until the age of 13, or changing the date of minor things. With everything in place, Augustus slept knowing that his plan would burn a hole into their lives, and make them regret becoming foes of Augustus Von Doom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyosimros said:
Perry ignored Mako and tapped into mics in the room to hear what they were saying. All he could hear was Cassie being really pissed off. This wasn't a normal thing, and it might be a new her. Though Perry denied that. "They're not. Come with me," He said and began walking into the elevator.
"Alright I guess." Mako said as he followed behind.

@Pyosimros

Cassie fell to the floor, writhing in pain.

"ZERO!" Terry yelled, taking the lead. "NEURAL SCAN NOW!"

"The parts of her brain controlling dreams, pain, and fear are all lit up, sir." A male A.I. said. He didn't sound like Jarvis much, more like an Irish soft-spoken gentleman.

"Shit...." Terry whispered. He looked at Connor. "Connor, could you-"

"I'll take her," Nevermore said, who had stood at Laxus's arrival. She walked over, her disembodied cloak floating behind her. Nevermore lifted Cassie's back up off of the ground and the cloak slid around the girl's shoulders, putting a calming pressure on them. Cassie began to relax immediately. "Easy, Cassie. You're alright...." She whispered. She looked at Terry, who nodded towards the medical Ward. Nevermore nodded back and walked, holding Cassie Bridal-style into the medical Ward.

Terry looked at Redd, then at Alex, then at Connor, then at Laxus. "Umm... For lack of a better question, WHAT THE FUDGE JUST HAPPENED HERE?!" he was stressed...

Alex continued to look where Augustus was, sighing. "I think, Cassie just made an arch enemy." He takes out his weapon, reloading and checking the magazine. "So, with a show of hands, who is ready to kick some snobby rich boy's butt?"

Perry was quite calm. He's been through rough situations, but messed up Cassie are the worst. While the elevator was rising, he thought through many situations that could be going on. He could've hacked into the cameras to see what was going on, though he didn't want to spoil it. Once the elevator opened, Perry moved quickly until he heard shouting. Oh man, here we go, He thought and unlocked the door. It looked kind of normal, no physical injuries, but there probably was a crap ton of emotional injuries. Whoever this new person is, he cuts deep. Nevermore walked past Perry and into the hallway and Perry followed. "Hey. Is she okay!? What happened!?" He asked with great urgency in his voice. Perry hasn't been there for his friends lately, only fulfilling his personal agenda. Though he would like to make that change. Starting now.

When Cassie went down Connor went up quickly with a grunt, though between Terry and Nevermore she seemed to be in good hands before he could move across the room. Connor looked at the unconscious girl as she was carried away, moving on his crutches to keep up with Nevermore before slowing down and eventually stopping halfway between the others and the medical ward. Many had started showing up including Perry with a newcomer, the blonde watched Perry follow after Nevermore and Cassie before turning his attention back to the others.

Shaking his head slightly, still a bit confused on what had gone down. At Alex's question Connor wanted to be the first to speak up, but in his state he knew he shouldn't be fighting in his state. "Just be sure to give whoever it is an extra hard knock upside the head for me." Speaking resolutely as he crutched over.

Pyosimros said:
Perry was quite calm. He's been through rough situations, but messed up Cassie are the worst. While the elevator was rising, he thought through many situations that could be going on. He could've hacked into the cameras to see what was going on, though he didn't want to spoil it. Once the elevator opened, Perry moved quickly until he heard shouting. Oh man, here we go, He thought and unlocked the door. It looked kind of normal, no physical injuries, but there probably was a crap ton of emotional injuries. Whoever this new person is, he cuts deep. Nevermore walked past Perry and into the hallway and Perry followed. "Hey. Is she okay!? What happened!?" He asked with great urgency in his voice. Perry hasn't been there for his friends lately, only fulfilling his personal agenda. Though he would like to make that change. Starting now.
AnnoDomini said:
Alex continued to look where Augustus was, sighing. "I think, Cassie just made an arch enemy." He takes out his weapon, reloading and checking the magazine. "So, with a show of hands, who is ready to kick some snobby rich boy's butt?"
Crono said:
When Cassie went down Connor went up quickly with a grunt, though between Terry and Nevermore she seemed to be in good hands before he could move across the room. Connor looked at the unconscious girl as she was carried away, moving on his crutches to keep up with Nevermore before slowing down and eventually stopping halfway between the others and the medical ward. Many had started showing up including Perry with a newcomer, the blonde watched Perry follow after Nevermore and Cassie before turning his attention back to the others.
Shaking his head slightly, still a bit confused on what had gone down. At Alex's question Connor wanted to be the first to speak up, but in his state he knew he shouldn't be fighting in his state. "Just be sure to give whoever it is an extra hard knock upside the head for me." Speaking resolutely as he crutched over.
Terry glared and raised his hand before turning to the medical ward and Perry. He shook his head. "I don't know. Some sort of mental attack. Cass..." He whispered, kneeling next to her cot as Nevermore set her down. "Cass, you alive? C'mon, sis, speak to me!" He was speaking softly but urgently. "Cass?" He put a hand on her hand and she clutched it tightly, though still unconscious. Terry sighed in relief. "Oh my gosh, thank goodness..." He put his forehead on her shoulder. "You're all I've got, Cass. Don't leave me now."

"I'm not.... Gonna leave.... You dork...." Cassie mumbled, a small smile coming to her lips as she opened her eyes slowly.

Her clone nearly started to cry in relief. "Thank god....." He said.

Laxus raised his hand. "He's about the third person to do this Cassie but this time it just seems worse. I had restrained myself because his sister asked me to but when I get my hands on him I will kill him. Cassie might have made an arch enemy but he just made one and she is about to lose one." Laxus spoke. Laxus explained to Terry "Doom Jr. must habe gtot her with some psychic attack and powerful one at that. Must have used Thanos's power to augment it."

"Welcome back. Next time you get a mental attack, remember to take some mental Advil once you're unconscious," Perry smiled and crouched down. "Sooo... Did a new villain do this? What's his name. Mind-Attack Man?" He joked. It was the only thing that was keeping him away from freaking out.

sitanomoto said:
Terry glared and raised his hand before turning to the medical ward and Perry. He shook his head. "I don't know. Some sort of mental attack. Cass..." He whispered, kneeling next to her cot as Nevermore set her down. "Cass, you alive? C'mon, sis, speak to me!" He was speaking softly but urgently. "Cass?" He put a hand on her hand and she clutched it tightly, though still unconscious. Terry sighed in relief. "Oh my gosh, thank goodness..." He put his forehead on her shoulder. "You're all I've got, Cass. Don't leave me now."
"I'm not.... Gonna leave.... You dork...." Cassie mumbled, a small smile coming to her lips as she opened her eyes slowly.

Her clone nearly started to cry in relief. "Thank god....." He said.
As Redd watched everything happen, his rage began to build. "I'm gonna fucking kill that Doom guy. This I swear." he said in a low, but dark tone as azazel popped up in the lab. "Sorry I'm late! I had to deal with a problem in Hell. So let me guess, Doom guy is giving you trouble?" he asked as Redd looked at the demon boy, and growled. "My master is crying, and he disappeared, SO WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?!" redd shouted with anger in his voice.

Cassie smiled at Perry. "No... But that.... Would be good.... As an insult...." She heard Redd screaming at Az and she looked at Terry. "Ter,"

"On it." Terry let go of Cass's hand and sprinted it of the room to the living room. "Redd, big guy, Calm down. Cassie's just fine." He looked at Azazel. "Cass got attacked by... Doctor Doom's son?" He said, turning to Laxus. "Is that who it was?"

Pyosimros said:
"What the hell happened. As soon as I get This all happens." Mako said as he followed behind Perry.

@Pyosimros

Perry shot up once he heard the shouting of a robotic voice. After processing it through his mind for a few short moments, he concluded that it was probably just Redd. A few moments after that, he heard Mako speak. But he couldn't really understand what he was saying on his second phrase so he just ignored it. "Now, about that villain. Who are we facing here?"

Pyosimros said:
Perry shot up once he heard the shouting of a robotic voice. After processing it through his mind for a few short moments, he concluded that it was probably just Redd. A few moments after that, he heard Mako speak. But he couldn't really understand what he was saying on his second phrase so he just ignored it. "Now, about that villain. Who are we facing here?"
"Whoever it is we'll crush them." Mako said as he pounder his fist together. He hadn't been in a fight in a while and needed some action.

@Pyosimros @sitanomoto

"Here's the essential information so listen up. He is Victor Van Doom's son who absorbed Thanos's power. He is good with both magic and tech but we can kill him. He'll fall just like the rest. He is after Thaddeus who absorbed the Infinity Stones. Now we just have to kill him before he gets the stones because he must be up to no good and he has attacked one of our own. If he gets the stone he'll he even more of pain but I'll still fight and I'll still kill him." Laxus explained.

Newtype said:
"Here's the essential information so listen up. He is Victor Van Doom's son who absorbed Thanos's power. He is good with both magic and tech but we can kill him. He'll fall just like the rest. He is after Thaddeus who absorbed the Infinity Stones. Now we just have to kill him before he gets the stones because he must be up to no good and he has attacked one of our own. If he gets the stone he'll he even more of pain but I'll still fight and I'll still kill him." Laxus explained.
"Well that's one way of explaining things. It couldn't be to hard right?" Mako said hoping someone would agree with him.

@Newtype

Connor watched as Terry went into the medical ward, his face softening at the sight of Terry so worried at Cassie's bedside. The guy was a clone but it was clear the two we're family. It made him wonder why he and Carter couldn't have a relationship, maybe not as close but just friends. Carter had a past, many did, and Connor had been working this last month to convince his clone to change his ways after Thanos instead of dissappearing. But Thanos was gone, and while many who'd fought hadn't returned Carter was among them.

Then came Laxus's words that had Connor's head whirling to look at the Asgardian. "Your not killing him, Avengers don't kill. You want to go into this with that attitude and you won't go." The blonde was getting frustrated with not being in control at all of the events, that combined with the fact that some we're acting out of character or out of character for what he considered an Avenger wasn't helping. The one person that seemed to be doing the opposite was surprisingly Alex, the man who was not very consistent in Connor's life.

Finn went over and sat on the floor by the foot of Cassie's bed. Distraught by the sight and sounds of his childhood friend being broken he decided it would be best if he didn't speak. Instead he angrily tied knots in the shreds of his shorts. He was still in the clothing he had worn when they were fighting the Thanos threat. They all were. "Killing him will not solve our problem." He said quietly. "Right now we need to calm down and get our heads about us." He scratched his neck sheepishly at his own reminder of his little freak out earlier. "Normally it's all 'get a plan out as quick as we can.' But we're all tired and flustered. Half of the world died about six hours ago. Nobody else needs to die, even if he is a bad guy. We'll get our revenge for what he did by locking him up until he's a hundred and twelve. And maybe bruise him up a little." He added quietly.

@Newtype @Steel Zinogre @AnyoneIMayHaveMissed

CasualDragon said:
Finn went over and sat on the floor by the foot of Cassie's bed. Distraught by the sight and sounds of his childhood friend being broken he decided it would be best if he didn't speak. Instead he angrily tied knots in the shreds of his shorts. He was still in the clothing he had worn when they were fighting the Thanos threat. They all were. "Killing him will not solve our problem." He said quietly. "Right now we need to calm down and get our heads about us." He scratched his neck sheepishly at his own reminder of his little freak out earlier. "Normally it's all 'get a plan out as quick as we can.' But we're all tired and flustered. Half of the world died about six hours ago. Nobody else needs to die, even if he is a bad guy. We'll get our revenge for what he did by locking him up until he's a hundred and twelve. And maybe bruise him up a little." He added quietly.
@Newtype @Steel Zinogre @AnyoneIMayHaveMissed
"How is that gonna solve anything. He may just escape when we lock him up and attack again. We need to take him down for good." Mako said angrily.

@Steel Zinogre @Newtype

@Pyosimros

@AnnoDomini

"Look. If that's how we operate, then I'm out of the team. Half us already commit to murder, how many people have we killed so far? A lot. That's not even accounting for the publicity we'll be given as a bunch of anti-heroes," Perry said. Making his statement very clear that he was done with the killing. Finn seemed to agree, and he would guess Cassie would be happy to agree as well.

Cassie listened to Finn, Connor and Perry then she smiled a little. "As... As much as I... Hate Augustus,.... We... Can't kill him." She raised her head and smiled at Connor and then looked at Finn with a nod, then turned her attention to Perry. "Hey, Spider-boy.... where have..... you been?"

She was keeping everything together by a thread. Augustus had done a major blow to her. Was she really just a clone? Born out of a test tube? Had everything her Dad ever told her been just a lie? Was she born to a man who had nothing in mind but his own well being?

No. He was the man who, along with Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow, created the Avengers. He couldn't be lying....

Could he?

(I have permission from @sitanomoto , so no internet vigilantism!)

Cassie down in the Medical Ward, suddenly had one of the machines administer some pain killers to ease the pain. Unbeknownst to everyone though, was that the pain killer, was infected from one of Augustus's nanobots that invaded earlier! The mixture was changed into something vile, dark, and powerful... yet was one that could bring light if it wanted. The computer flashed for a few moments, reading the mixture before changing "PAINKILLERS" into "EXTREMIS V-?.?" The mixture began to run it's course... and forced Cassie into extreme pain until she began spitting out blood. After around 30 seconds, it would end and she would be put into a coma for 2-3 days... and over the new few hours grow a cocoon of flesh.

ZETA hacked into Friday, and told him a few details... the most important? The file told Friday how to keep Cassie alive... treat her like a coma patient. Constant nutrients and water is required, or else... she will stay to long in the coma and extend it to up to a week... or die. ZETA also warned that Cassie is so brittle and fragile, she might be killed by just touching her the wrong way after 20 minutes.

Augustus stirred in his sleep, growing a thick smile of pure joy. ZETA fed in feedback from his suit, giving him subtle dreams that told him what was happening. Project EXTREME-SPOWTS was in motion... and all the references would make anyone looking at the project name scream "why?!"

@Newyork Team

"Oh. I erm... I've been doing a lot of things, nothing that's really superhero related really," Perry shrugged. Most of his activity these past months was growing Parker Industries and building new tech. "I bought the Baxter Building like my dad did before, and I've upgraded Webware so it would run solely on Parker Particles. Retail price; $59.99. But I give out friendship discounts," He smiled and for a second and pull his sleeve down slightly to show her the device.

latest

Once he was done talking, Cassie started feeling extreme pain and started spitting out blood. "Crap! Alright, I can fix this. Hopefully," He said and dashed towards the computer.

sitanomoto said:
Cassie smiled at Perry. "No... But that.... Would be good.... As an insult...." She heard Redd screaming at Az and she looked at Terry. "Ter,"
"On it." Terry let go of Cass's hand and sprinted it of the room to the living room. "Redd, big guy, Calm down. Cassie's just fine." He looked at Azazel. "Cass got attacked by... Doctor Doom's son?" He said, turning to Laxus. "Is that who it was?"
"Thought so, I knew that guy was an asshole. Any way, I gotta talk to my dad about bringing the army up here. I feel we need what we can get to fight that douche off. Would one of you like to come with me?" azazel asked, seeing confused looks on their faces. "And yes, You will be coming back to this realm, so you can say 'been to hell and back', so, what do you say?" he asked, lookeing at cassie and terry. "I will not allow that. Not even with you will I allow that." redd said to azazel. "That's what they all say." he retorted. "And also..... I can grant you special permission for a family revival, ms. Stark." Azazel said with a mischievous smile, actually meaning what he said, but that meant defying Mephitso.

[QUOTE="Steel Zinogre]"Thought so, I knew that guy was an asshole. Any way, I gotta talk to my dad about bringing the army up here. I feel we need what we can get to fight that douche off. Would one of you like to come with me?" azazel asked, seeing confused looks on their faces. "And yes, You will be coming back to this realm, so you can say 'been to hell and back', so, what do you say?" he asked, lookeing at cassie and terry. "I will not allow that. Not even with you will I allow that." redd said to azazel. "That's what they all say." he retorted. "And also..... I can grant you special permission for a family revival, ms. Stark." Azazel said with a mischievous smile, actually meaning what he said, but that meant defying Mephitso.

[/QUOTE]
"I'll go with but I doubt we need an army. And we better hurry before Cassie gets any worse." Mako said as he saw Perry on the computer.

@Steel Zinogre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back