• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic At the Edge of the Apocalypse, an Eternal Principle

Even with the xp spent, my BS is still lower than my Agility. My WS, however, is getting quite high, and now that there is work in progress for a Progressive Sword, I lok forward to slicing and dicing my enemy.

So, speaking of swords, what do I have to do to acquire one for my Eva?

Random Word] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7773-sherwood/ said:
@Sherwood[/URL] did you want a Progressive Sword/Greatsword? If so, I'll put the 20 Research points into getting us to 20/30 on Heavy Progressive Technology. Otherwise I might put it towards Ablative or Positron Tech, as both are expensive and awesome.
Do note a Progressive Sword is 5 WUP, so make sure you buy some with XP.
I almost forgot about having to use xp to buy WUP, so I moved some points around and now have 4 of the 5 needed for my sword.

Also, I am assuming that the number of Eva pilots is fairly low. Has Cassidy and Natalia had a chance to meet before this encounter?

No. Cassidy trained in France, you trained in Russia. When you disembark and debrief from this sortie, it will be your first time meeting one another. You would have been informed months ago that Cassidy was arriving today, and you would have heard of each other previously.

Once you have 5+ WUP and I finish Heavy Progressive Tech (After the next Angel) you can buy a sword on any sortie you want.

@Shining Lotus Sage with the Second Angel down, this would seem an ideal time to step in - or prepare to step in - if you're still interested.

That's a shame. Those notifications are fickle things.

SephirothSage said:
Gendo is smiling.
Anyway- you gained +6 Surplus from that, not +25.

Nice try.
I haven't seen any of these mechanics before, not trying to pull a fast one, hence why I post them fully. :)

Question time:

If this means we are down a player (and AT Tactician), is there a way to help balance it a bit?

Is the only way to increase ATS to increase the SR?

What is the difference between the Career Ranks? e.g. Rank 1 0-999, Rank 2 1000-1999

Well. Either I bring in another PC.

Or you get an NPC, for the AT Tactician...

Yes the SR is the only way to increase ATS....

And the difference is what Talents your allowed to buy- increasing Rank increases your list of options of things to spend EXP On.

Proposed XP Expenditure

Proposed XP Expenditure

+400 Starting

+250 2nd Angel

XP Current Pool 650xp

#1: Agility +5 (Simple) 100xp

Reason: E-Scale Agility 28 -> 33

#2: Fellowship +5 (Simple) 100xp

Reason: Fel 25 -> 30 (minimun of +3 surplus on successful mission)

#3: +1 WUP for Maser Weapon 100xp

Reason: Allow HELIOS Rifle on deployment

#4: +1 SUP for Entry Plug (Improved) 50xp

Reason: +5 WS & +5 BS -> 41 WS & 39 BS

#5: +1 WUP for Markerlight 100xp

Reason: +10 BS (May be redundant with OD abilities)

Total Spent: 450xp

Alternatively, drop #5 and opt for BS +5 (Simple)

Save 200xp for XP Pool

How/when do the Awareness and Acrobatic Skills apply? Noticing the Angel's attacks/movement and making some sort of extreme movement?

Previous SUP spent remains accumulative on the Eva, unlike WUP which changes per major battle, correct? For example, Armor Enhancement I was previously bought, so it stays with the Eva going forwards.

That all looks fine. You can consult the Skills section of the book to find out precisely when Skills apply. In general, common sense prevails. Awareness is for noticing anything you might otherwise miss, acrobatics for any difficult gymnastics related tasks.

I'm a bit curious, though, why are your purchases are all offensive in nature? Are you sure you want to be a Pointman? If so, they key early talents like Halt Advance and Guardian might be worth picking up. Right now you're building another Skirmisher or a Berserker.

It is a mixture of ignorance (lacking the DH book to understand the Manoeuvres) and a response to the move to have Unit-00 a melee Skirmisher, though they are not all offensive:

#1 is a response to the suggesting of needing Agility to Dodge.

#2 is to help with surplus for the OD.

#3-5 are at take up a fire support role to Unit-00 via sniping with the Helios Rifle, since they are gearing towards wielding great weapons in CQC.

Guardian and Halt Advance could well be more useful, but considering the damage Unit-01 sustained when I tried to tank with them, there is a concern that might not go well in the future. Unless, that was a more extreme scenario due to expending all the ATS on Neutralise, resulting in close-to-worse case 1v1 situation.

It really was a close-to-worse case 1v1 situation. Tanking is usually going to be about dodging and keeping it's attention- you where in a shitty situation. What is more, your AT Field... yeah, you had spent all your ATS on Neutralize, as well.

It had Breach 8. Your AT field was never going to be useful. It could cut through it effortlessly at full power. Unless you bought Bunker Field, which renders you immune to Blast weapons.

Yes, dodging and parrying are your primary defensive tools. Guardian lets you parry for others, Halt Advance lets you force an Angel to stand and fight rather than strike other, potentially more vulnerable targets, or to hold it in place to prevent it from escaping a trap. That last one especially is pretty key for a Pointman.

Ablative Armour (when I research it) also dramatically improves your ability to soak massive attacks like the one you survived.

Okay. How about this instead:

#1: Agility +5 (Simple) 100xp

Reason: E-Scale Agility 28 -> 33

#2: +1 SUP for Entry Plug (Improved) 50xp

Reason: +5 WS & +5 BS -> 41 WS & 39 BS

#3: Talent: Gaurdian 100xp

Reason: May expend Reaction to Parry an attack against an adjacent ally.

#4: Talent: Halt Advance 100xp

Reason: On successful melee attack the pilot may instead cancel an enemy’s ability to move for one round in place of dealing damage.

#5: +1WUP 100xp

Reason: Deploy with MAS Rifle equipped with a Guard Plate in order to Parry.

Total Spent 450xp

Pool 200xp

Or is it possible to Parry without need of the Guard Plate, but instead with something like Progressive Knife?

Random Word, you mentioned the Bunker Field. I thought that was listed as an optional selection under Manipulation 1, which isn't on the Pointman Rank 1 Talents/Skills list. Sephiroth Sage, is it possible to purchase outside the Rank 1 Talents/Skills?

You're correct. You can't get Bunker Field this early. You can Parry with any Melee weapon, no need to get a shield on your ranged weapons.

Also, you don't actually have to play a traditional Pointman. You can always buy those talents later, or not at all. If you envisioned your character as that guy who yells, "You... shall... not... pass!" at Angels on bridges, and then gets smacked to hell but holds it in place while the sniper blows its head off or the N2 mine falls on it, which is the traditional pointman, than you should at least grab Halt Advance.

Incidentally, N2 Punch is one of my favourite Talents in the game, and very classic Pointman.

It is not. On that note...

I'm going to need to get into posting ICly.

Between Battles are still sessions to be RP'ed, after all.

Now you are reminding me of Gypsy Danger's rocket punch ;) However, in all seriousness, with only 2 PC atm, I'm trying to balance between fire support or said traditional Pointmans, if Sherwood is going for sword crazy brawler.

@SephirothSage Of course. I am looking forward to them as well, just trying to get the new mechanics stuff out of the way. So, is there to be an expected debriefing (whether it needs to be in-depth IC or not I guess is handled ad-hoc) and then the PC are free to interact around NERV, in particular the Pilots and OD with each other? It's fast approaching 02:00 here, so it'll be tomorrow when I make a proper IC post.

What physical range does an Eva have to be at in order to be able to disrupt/neutralize the AT Field of an Angel?

I have a question. We just got the 250 xp. Do we add it to the 400 we have from character startup to determine our total points? There are things that I want to buy from the higher level charts with future points and I want to know how long it will be for us to get to the 999+ xp level.

Does that mean that the higher ranks are "unlocked" over time (based on the successively accumulative xp gain), rather than the unspent xp? Not to suggest they are awarded for free, but instead the total earned xp allows it. e.g. After defeating (hopefully) five Angels, enough xp has been earn along the way to purchase from Rank 2, as well as Rank 1.

You'll be pleased to know AdEva 3e doesn't depend on Dark Heresy. ( :P ) You don't always have to play AdEva missing half the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back