[Ascension] Midgard

I'll probably have my character finished sometime later during what is technically today.

I realize that I'm somewhat late though, so I'll ask: Is my participation still a good idea, or would it be better if I opt out as Orzhov did?

Hydrachild said:
I'll probably have my character finished sometime later during what is technically today.
I realize that I'm somewhat late though, so I'll ask: Is my participation still a good idea, or would it be better if I opt out as Orzhov did?
It's not too late. Nothing's happened yet. Just opening posts. Make your character, it's fine :)

For some reason I feel the current scene needs some sort of Viking song being sung low between the group as they row onwards. Only thing popping into my head at present though is misty mountains cold. @SephirothSage Skald, what say you?

I was thinking something similar in tone, but with Different Lyrics, actualy. I mean, that song's Lyrics are rather specific- but that song's /tone/ is just the right level of Melancholy.

Yeah. I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now, but I was mostly thinking of the tone.

Edit: Pienapple'd

This one's dedicated to @Monsterous

[media]

[/media]
---------------------

@Runeblue

Many people are confused at a piece of your post.

"Should Jotnar stay at the boat or come with us? He could be valuable in communing with the spirits but he won't fight if it comes to it and Shinta needs someone strong enough to row away quickly." He sighed to himself at the thought. "Not that she'd flee anyway."
Italics are typically used for thought, but you have quotations marks around it. Everyone responded as if the words were said, so it would be too late to change it. But if you meant for it to be a private thought don't include the quotation marks in the future to avoid confusion.

I've posted my character. I'll be on standby for any feedback from the storytellers and any potential necessary changes.

'Scribe' in quotation marks, mind you.

E's a bit of an odd type.

Not saying we couldn't have character connections, 'jest saying that it probably wouldn't be based on being colleagues of the writing arts. :P

I imagine him and bjorn in a room together. They have so much to talk about. That is to say neither of them say a word.

Reminds me of that old Lucky Luke scene.

'After many hours of contemplative silence the indian elders came to an agreement.'

Heh. Depending on where you're carving those epics you could have run into Bjorn. Who might have lent a helping hand. Not really sure because there isn't a great deal for me to comment on right now.

Will get another post in sometime tomorrow describing the winter wonderland ahead, scouting for danger, checking what the dark splotch on the ice is. If the STs are cool with it. I have no idea when I cross the line between how much I should make up and when to leave things to mod posts.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Heh. Depending on where you're carving those epics you could have run into Bjorn. Who might have lent a helping hand. Not really sure because there isn't a great deal for me to comment on right now.
Will get another post in sometime tomorrow describing the winter wonderland ahead, scouting for danger, checking what the dark splotch on the ice is. If the STs are cool with it. I have no idea when I cross the line between how much I should make up and when to leave things to mod posts.

[/QUOTE]
You shouldn't worry yourself too much. Miz and I actually like when players make things up. It's more fun that way. The ST will more or less control NPC's and add direction to a scene.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Heh. Depending on where you're carving those epics you could have run into Bjorn. Who might have lent a helping hand. Not really sure because there isn't a great deal for me to comment on right now.

[/QUOTE]
As Pineapple said, we are fine with whatever you add as long as it make sense with what others have already established (like it doesn't contradict with what has already been described). We are normally accustom to a game without a ST posting Game Master posts and just playing as characters, so this is what we actually prefer.

However I will be posting just to make sure that you guys have more context and to control any needed NPCs. Though it is possible for you describe and dictate what other people are doing in the background as well.

[/QUOTE]
Well, our characters could easily have run into each other in various places. The way I'm imagining it Raskar works in a quarry, in which he also cuts stone blocks for the village to use for various things. Your character might have been roped in to help carry various goods to and from the quarry.

As for connections to seph's Vylkor, it is likely that the skald took interest in the idea of giving the old tales a permanent form. Perhaps he liked the idea, or perhaps he loathed it. At any rate Raskar would spend a lot of time listening to the skald's singing, since he's gotta' get everything right.

I posted a DM post back to certain people. That isn't to say I am not trying to play with some of you, but I wanted to add to certain people's actions so that they could through their own actions provoke a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back