Alone [Inactive]

Jack quickly put the book away as the others were heading down stairs, he looked over at Aretha and noticed she looked really nice. He wondered to himself why did she go through all that trouble of looking pretty just for dinner

ardetha sat down at her normal spot and thanked visha for the food, she looked up at jack and tried to control the blushing of her cheeks. the fact he kept calling her jealous made her feel..some weird feeling she didnt know what to call, "hey jack" she leaned back in her chair and smiled a bit.

visha noticed how ardetha was talking to jack and that made her smile, she was actually conversing with others and jack didnt seem to mind the way she was like many of the others did, "good..this is good" she handed out napkins to everyone.

"tired really...have you read any of that book yet? i thought maybe you could learn more about your wolf.." she took a sip of the broth from her soup and then got a chunk of beef and munched on it. she noticed visha looking at her and she scrunched her face up and turned back to her food.

Jack nodded," I'm actually finished with it helped me figure out a lot of things I didn't understand ill give it back after we eat." he grinned and started eating his stew

"thank you..it was my fathers when he was young and had needed help learning how to control his strength and power when grandad died" she ate more of her soup more hungry today then she had in awhile. then taking big sips of her milk. "ive put more things up in my room..made it more homey..maybe you should do so for your room as well. it can help control the change when your comfortable in your environment"

Jack just simply shook his head," I don't see the point of decorating a room if I'm going to move out of it in a few years." he chuckled," or maybe I'm just to lazy to life a paint brush." he laughed and grinned

" well your going to be here longer than i will and i still did" she shrugged and smiled some, "maybe i can paint it sometime for you..ive run out of room on my walls and i miss painting" she was halfway done with her soup and she looked at it as she waited for his answer. she wasnt sure if he just put up with her cause he felt responsible or something or if he genuinely enjoyed her company.

Jack grinned and looked over at her," well if you really want to paint my room you can, but on one condition." he grinned and thought to himself just a few hours ago she nearly killed him and now they were chit chatting. Yet he was ok with it

" i dont know what you would want in their..maybe something to remind you of home..or something you wish to see" she finished the food in her bowl and she stretched and groaned a bit leaning against the table and resting her head on her hand. "i always finish to quickly..and visha always tells me its rude to leave early..though i usually do anyways"

Jack finished, he looked over at Aredtha and grinned," you have to paint a picture that represents my personality nothing more nothing less." he actually liked the idea of having something in his room that represents who he is.

she groaned louder and looked over at him, "all i know about you is your optimistic as all fick!" she got a dirty look from visha when she said that and ardetha looked away quickly and back at jack. "i dont think i know enough about you to paint your personality" she crossed her arms and looked at him and observed him to maybe learn more.

Jack grinned ,"well then I guess you got a little project for yourself ." he laughed and excused himself and headed up stairs to finish the book. He lied about the whole finished thing, he was almost done anyway

she huffed and finished her milk heading back to her room, she only had a little makeup on and it came off easy. she took her clothes off and exchanged for her red silk nightgown. she had all the time in the world to think of what to paint for him..and what his personality would mean in picture form.

Jack got went out of his room and went to Ardetha's room and knock," hey its me jack mind if I came in." he wasn't really tired and that bag she talked about earlier really interested him

she was laying on her bed staring at the ceiling and thinking when she heard jack, "sure but remember what i said..mess" her nightgown was a little short so she tucked it abit so she wouldnt accidentally flash him. its not like she expects people coming to her room in fact no one did but visha and she was used to the mess by now and her walking around in almost no clothes.

Jack walked in and walked over to Ardetha's bed and handed her the book," id told you that I would return it after dinner." he chuckled and looked at her ," so I was wondering if you could show me that bag you were talking about, only if you feel like it of course." he grinned a bit

she shrugged and took the book setting it with her others, "a lot of it ive already put around the room, hanging on my wall is some animal skulls from my first hunt, books from when my grandmother was young sit by my bed and i keep the old kids toys in the bag itself. this blanket on my bed was made by myself and my mother" she pat the blanket gently and nodded.

Jack looked at the blanket and felt how soft it was." its a very beautiful blanket." he did like the blanket and Ardetha continued to surprise him," so how long did it take to make anyway?"

she balled her fist and set her chin on it, "hmmm..a few weeks maybe? the women of my clan werent allowed to hunt only the young girls like me and the other girls..new law or something but before that we had all the time in the world to do things..my mother was great at what she did..and was just amazing in general" she realized she was babbling and coughed stopping herself.

" she must have seemed like a really great person I wish I could have met her." he didn't know why he said that really, he was afraid he would hit a hard spot.

she cracked a small smile, "i would have wanted anyone to meet her..i wish i could be the women she was. she was beautiful and kind and loved and cared for everything and was the best mother wife anyone could have asked for. not like me..ive turned into a monster, the exact opposite of her" she smoothed her hair back and leaned against the wall.

Jack leaned in to hug her, and said as he held her," I think your mother would be proud of the strong, beautiful, independent woman you have grown up to be." he didn't understand why it felt right to hug her, but he didn't care.

she only ever really let visha hug her, but she had opened the deepest part of her heart out and she didnt seem to care who was hugging her, she hugged his arm and lie her forehead on his arm, "if only you could make me believe that..i seem to have lost the meaning to all of that along the way.."

Jack didn't know what to say to lighten the mood he asked her," I need to ask you a question you mentioned the word mate a whole back is that like your husband or like a boyfriend." he didn't understand why he asked this he just wanted to lighten the mood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back