• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
Wait since he's heir, wouldn't the Lord (dad) still have it/using it? Why would @Leusis 's character need to spend points on it then :|
A character having V-Steel requires them to have the quality heirloom which costs destiny points. It's specifically listed under heirloom that only an heir or head of house can take the quality heirloom (Both positions also cost destiny points) that means that if you want V-Steel either @Leusis or whoever ends up being the head of house (Which could be no one making him an NPC) would have to spend their points on that quality.

Hypnos said:
A character having V-Steel requires them to have the quality heirloom which costs destiny points. It's specifically listed under heirloom that only an heir or head of house can take the quality heirloom (Both positions also cost destiny points) that means that if you want V-Steel either @Leusis or whoever ends up being the head of house (Which could be no one making him an NPC) would have to spend their points on that quality.
So... if it's an NPC, then the NPC would spend destiny points on the V-Steel Weapon?

WanderingJester said:
Oh, guess I'll just make a PC then turn him into NPCs, or would that be poor form? :|
Very poor form, we are going to be taking one off of a dead body anyway right?

Lancelot said:
Very poor form, we are going to be taking one off of a dead body anyway right?
Just magic up a V-Steel weapon from some unknown lord? Wouldn't that be even more poor form? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Oh, guess I'll just make a PC then turn him into NPCs, or would that be poor form? :|
I probably wouldn't allow you to cheat your way into V-Steel in such a way. Otherwise you could just create a plethora of PC's turned NPC who are master swords men, wargs or unrivaled assassins.

WanderingJester said:
Just magic up a V-Steel weapon from some unknown lord? Wouldn't that be even more poor form? xD
No I mean't like an actual dead body, as in you killed the person.

Hypnos said:
I probably wouldn't allow you to cheat your way into V-Steel in such a way. Otherwise you could just create a plethora of PC's turned NPC who are master swords men, wargs or unrivaled assassins.
Shucks, well, guess I'll just have two PCs then, if you fellas don't mind :| Is there a rule against that too?

Lancelot said:
No I mean't like an actual dead body, as in you killed the person.
Yeah, but what are the odds you'll kill someone who happens to have a V-Steel weapon on them? Let alone have enough time to recover said weapon off the corpse and back to our seat? :|

WanderingJester said:
Shucks, well, guess I'll just have two PCs then, if you fellas don't mind :| Is there a rule against that too?
Yeah, but what are the odds you'll kill someone who happens to have a V-Steel weapon on them? Let alone have enough time to recover said weapon off the corpse and back to our seat? :|
That was the point I was trying to make, it would be very difficult. But with you aiming for war that makes things a bit easier and also a VS sword could be quite a good goal for your character to have and play out in the RP.

WanderingJester said:
You should be good with more than one PC I believe.

Also I'd like to establish now that I refuse to DM if you decide to put your house in Dorne.

Lancelot said:
That was the point I was trying to make, it would be very difficult. But with you aiming for war that makes things a bit easier and also a VS sword could be quite a good goal for your character to have and play out in the RP.
That is true, very good goal that might be for my guy. He doesn't want fame, he doesn't want lordship or the seat or the Iron Throne. He wants a V-Steel weapon. Think I might just go with that. Good one Lance! (^U^)

Hypnos said:
You should be good with more than one PC I believe.
Also I'd like to establish now that I refuse to DM if you decide to put your house in Dorne.
Think I might just go with what Lance said, and put that as my character's lifetime goal or something. Though you shouldn't need to worry about Dorne. It's currently tie between the Narrow Seas and Marcher Lord of the Stormlands :P

WanderingJester said:
Having to PCs would be rather difficult considering roleplay and actions done are all done through speech, you can't just type up two POVs

Also, I might get a V-Steel sword for the house, might even decide to just be the lord instead of the heir.

Leusis said:
Having to PCs would be rather difficult considering roleplay and actions done are all done through speech, you can't just type up two POVs
Also, I might get a V-Steel sword for the house, might even decide to just be the lord instead of the heir.
Fair enough, then I guess my dude's V-Steel quest might end successfully quicker than he expected (honorably of course, he's no kinslayer or betrayer). Either way I'll stick to the second born son, though I'm a bit conflicted in regards to what benefits/flaw my dude should have. A bit torn between Threatening, Honor-bound and Mute atm.

I'd join the tabletop thing but living on the other side of the world would probably make that inconvenient.

Ok, Ive been messing around with the House creation system and I think I just about understand how it works. Though it turns out you shouldn't get too attached to your ideas because if you roll badly Lord [Whatever you want to call him] may not be able to birth himself an heir.

Hypnos said:
Ok, Ive been messing around with the House creation system and I think I just about understand how it works. Though it turns out you shouldn't get too attached to your ideas because if you roll badly Lord [Whatever you want to call him] may not be able to birth himself an heir.
I thought rolling was optional, since a lot of the stuff you can pick on your own? :|

WanderingJester said:
I thought rolling was optional, since a lot of the stuff you can pick on your own? :|
Rolling is a big thing for house creation, a lot more so than for character creation. You have to roll for land, population of that land, defence of your castle, wealth, power, influence and law. You have to use influence to buy people in the direct line of succession.

Hypnos said:
Rolling is a big thing for house creation, a lot more so than for character creation. You have to roll for land, population of that land, defence of your castle, wealth, power, influence and law. You have to use influence to buy people in the direct line of succession.
Oh, house creation. My bad. Reading that section now. So we doing this for sure? Also have we settled on Stormland Marcher Lord or Dragonstone?

Hypnos said:
Are the archetypes required or are they just guidelines for new players? Because none of them really fit what I was thinking but I could use one if you want/if I have to due to rolls.

Lancelot said:
Are the archetypes required or are they just guidelines for new players? Because none of them really fit what I was thinking but I could use one if you want/if I have to due to rolls.
They're for people who just want to jump in. I'll likely create mine from scratch (with a little assistance from people, been a while since I PnP).

Lancelot said:
Just a basic guide, you can create your own character from scratch.

WanderingJester said:
Oh, house creation. My bad. Reading that section now. So we doing this for sure? Also have we settled on Stormland Marcher Lord or Dragonstone?
I'm still not entirely sure how we're going to do it, but I guess.

Hypnos said:
Just a basic guide, you can create your own character from scratch.
I'm still not entirely sure how we're going to do it, but I guess.
Should we move this to a PM or something, so we don't spam this OOC for the RP?

WanderingJester said:
Should we move this to a PM or something, so we don't spam this OOC for the RP?
That might be for the best. Though for now I'm going to bed, I've got a massive headache from trying to read very small lettering all bloody day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back