• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Nah, there is an actual ASOIAF tabletop system that was made with its own rulebook and everything. I've heard its difficult to understand initially but its actually well made. Its designed so that the party creates a house and members/servants/whatever of it and try to survive in the game of thrones.
That sounds a lot better tbh. Have never tried it out but would love too. I don't think anything is too difficult if the people are willing to learn.

Hypnos said:
The PDF of the rule book is over 300 pages. You guys better get learning quickly.
Well a good DM usually helps the players understand the rules when needed and informs the players of the related rule to any situation, so I think @Leusis 's point might be more valid :/

Leusis said:
Yeah, I've already worked my way through about half of the damn thing over the last couple days, I'll just be your rules buddy.
Whilst I'm reading it may be an idea to establish who is actually playing, the general structure of the family (Who's going to be in and who's just going to be a servant or retainer) and other basic things that don't require the rules to determine.

Leusis said:
64805069.jpg

Hypnos said:
Whilst I'm reading it may be an idea to establish who is actually playing, the general structure of the family (Who's going to be in and who's just going to be a servant or retainer) and other basic things that don't require the rules to determine.
I say Jester is the arrogant, cunning, back stabbing, douche of a lord. Hes so good at playing those.

Hypnos said:
I would prefer to play either the youngest daughter or a servant (maester, septon, master-at-arms).

Something different than what I normally do :)

Leusis said:
I say Jester is the arrogant, cunning, back stabbing, douche of a lord. Hes so good at playing those.
Eh, I'm actually calling dibs on not being the lord (unless we're like the Tyrells or Lannisters or something, idk). Want to actually just be the Garlan Tyrell this time than Tywin Lannister :|

Lancelot said:
I would prefer to play either the youngest daughter or a servant (maester, septon, master-at-arms).
Something different than what I normally do :)
Lancelot, the bearded crazed axe wielding septon of doom!

WanderingJester said:
Eh, I'm actually calling dibs on not being the lord (unless we're like the Tyrells or Lannisters or something, idk). Want to actually just be the Garlan Tyrell this time than Tywin Lannister :|
I was thinking of being either the heir or a squire just so I could act like a little shit to everybody and get the house into trouble. You also don't play as any established house, you make your own while rolling to figure out certain things like what region of Westeros you're in and what your house history is like.

Leusis said:
Lancelot, the bearded crazed axe wielding septon of doom!
I was thinking of being either the heir or a squire just so I could act like a little shit to everybody and get the house into trouble. You also don't play as any established house, you make your own while rolling to figure out certain things like what region of Westeros you're in and what your house history is like.
So... a young and somewhat spoiled Roland Wilds? xD Ah yeah I get that. I was thinking of just being one of the more powerful minor houses in a region, whether through military strength or monetary power, tis all :P

WanderingJester said:
So... a young and somewhat spoiled Roland Wilds? xD Ah yeah I get that. I was thinking of just being one of the more powerful minor houses in a region, whether through military strength or monetary power, tis all :P
A younger, spoiled Roland Wilds that will never be as good as Roland Wilds.

There's also the question of a House name, castle name, house words and which region you want to start in. There's a table in the PDF (Page 100) that lists the benefits of each region if you want to look over it. If your house has a stupid name I reserve the right to have everyone in Westeros mock you for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back