• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Leusis said:
Depends on how he hits the ground and how hard. But I guess if he got a pretty good landing he could call for his bastard sword and kick the other knights ass.
Well, that would throw a wrench into my "Trevir wins everything in joust" plans. Would a hit from Trevir's lance be enough for him to yield?

Last edited by a moderator:
WanderingJester said:
Well, that would throw a wrench into my "Trevir wins everything in joust" plans. Would a hit from Trevir's lance be enough for him to yield?
It all depends on how he feels after getting hit with the lance and hitting the ground. 9.9/10 he wouldn't try and keep fighting even if he felt good to though.

Hypnos said:
Ok, I've now compiled a spreadsheet of every established noble family within Westeros and their members, this should help with sorting out character relations, potential marriages and other such things. It's editable if anyone wants to add extra information about their chaacters but plese try not to mess with the whole thing.
ASOIAFRP - Families
This is great! I will get a House Tyrell family tree up tonight.

Also, when it comes to House Greyjoy: Fiora is a Farwynd and Tegan is a Blacktyde. Also, Brona is currently alive.

Alright so I'm probably going to be on for the rest of the day since it's really humid out where I live and there's a storm coming. I might make a Torvin post (My wildling character that's just kind of frozen in time at this point) so I have something to do.

So I have no idea if anyone would have any suggestions but I'm thinking of my wildling and my initial idea is that he has a small group of "hunters" that track the movements of the nights watch and attack some of the smaller groups that they come across. I was thinking of there being six people in the group besides my character and I was wondering if I need to go into detail about all of them or if I should just leave them nameless.

Well I am too. Just don't know what to do with a group that small when the others don't have names, makes interacting with them a little weird. I guess names don't mean they have to be in great detail but... i really don't know

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]So I have no idea if anyone would have any suggestions but I'm thinking of my wildling and my initial idea is that he has a small group of "hunters" that track the movements of the nights watch and attack some of the smaller groups that they come across. I was thinking of there being six people in the group besides my character and I was wondering if I need to go into detail about all of them or if I should just leave them nameless.

[/QUOTE]
I for one would flesh 'em out. If you have a group of nameless warriors then they'll just be seen as red shirts. If you have a group of warriors who are thoroughly fleshed out and Torvin has a connection with each- then we as the reader will care for them as much as we care for Torvin.

TheFordee14 said:
I for one would flesh 'em out. If you have a group of nameless warriors then they'll just be seen as red shirts. If you have a group of warriors who are thoroughly fleshed out and Torvin has a connection with each- then we as the reader will care for them as much as we care for Torvin.
And we all know what happens to Redshirts :P

61ed2c529c65dbcbcb50b0e04620f20e.jpg

TheFordee14 said:
well that's going to take a long time. I have no idea where to start with them in all honesty.

http://i.imgur.com/oTDxYCN.png

M'kay.

Hollis Tyrell - Ruled The Reach for almost 40 years. Had four children by his first wife, Sibylla Peake- and two more children with his second wife, Brynn Caswell. Was a very loved man, but, oft seen as oafish. Died of a stroke on his way back to Highgarden from King's Landing.

Sibylla Tyrell née Peake - Hollis' first wife. A strong and independent woman who was respected across The Reach. She died of an illness.

Arren Tyrell - Hollis and Sibylla's first child, and heir. A sickly boy who grew into a sickly man. Is very passive and seen as a "voice of reason" at Highgarden. Assumed the role as lord once his father passed away.

Ser Emery Tyrell - A year younger than Arren. Ser Emery has always been what Arren could never be. He is courageous and a fighter at heart. He was a skilled swordsman back in his youth, but he has lost some of his edge as he nears his forties. He is married to Vianne Crane and has multiple children with her. He is currently away in The Summer Isles with his own garrison on a mission he shared almost nothing about...

Vianne Tyrell née Crane - A fragile woman who was made marry Ser Emery Tyrell. She didn't like him at first, but they grew fond of each other as time passed on. She has multiple sons and daughters by him- and loves these children very dearly. She currently resides at Red Lake.

Eveleen Rowan née Tyrell - A strong woman, like her mother. She knows how to play the part of a lady of Westeros- however, she will not back down when threatened. She would do anything for her children and tries to protect them, fiercely. She has a very strong relationship with her half-sister, Filicity. She despises her husband, Ser Erik Rowan.

Ser Erik Rowan - A renown knight who is lord of House Rowan. Had a first wife named Kathleen. He saw her as his true love up until she passed away. He then married Eveleen Tyrell and had four children with her. Their relationship is far from decent. A part of Ser Erik loves Eveleen, but he will never love her as much as his first love.

Luthor Rowan - A promising warrior of 17 on the verge of being classed as a man grown. Very serious and studious.

Erik [JR] Rowan - A handsome young man of 16. Is very charismatic and friendly. He is above average with a sword, however he isn't as good as his elder brother. He loves his mother, Eveleen, and his sisters dearly.

Hallie Rowan - A young girl of 11, full of life. She is expected to turn into a very beautiful woman once she comes of age. She always has a smile on her face.

Katleen Rowan - An even younger girl of 7. Katleen is named after Ser Erik's first wife. She is very playful and curious. Though she oft has her 'moods' where she refuses to do what she is asked to do by her mother and her carers.

Sef Tyrell - Hollis and Sibylla's youngest and final child together. He is quiet and diplomatic. He and his sister, Eveleen, share a very close connection. He will do anything to make sure nothing comes to harm his family as a whole. Sef was often teased by his elder brothers when he was younger.

Brynn Tyrell née Caswell - Hollis' second wife. She was vastly younger than him when they married. She is a small and shy young woman who bore Hollis two children- a girl and a boy. She and her daughter-in-law Eveleen are the best of friends.

Filicity Tyrell - Youngest daughter to Hollis Tyrell. She is rebellious and adventurous. She will never back down, quite like her half-sister Eveleen. Filicity did everything she could to deny her father and mother. However she now regrets this as he has passed away. She may not admit it, but she cares deeply for House Tyrell and The Reach in general.

Darrin Tyrell - Filicity's younger brother, a boy of 16. He is a joker and enjoys making everyone around him laugh. He is obsessed with females and will go out of his way to make a good first impression. He is an adequate fighter, however he has decided to stay at Highgarden for the coming storm. He and Filicity have a love/hate relationship and will oft tease one another. Darrin considers Adair Fossoway his closest friend, in-fact they made themselves "blood brothers" when they were young.

Varn Tyrell - Hollis' brother. The two had a great relationship in their youths. Married Ireyne Oakheart and had a son with her, Rody. Rody, however, passed away at a young age. Varn and Ireyne have tried again and again- but to no avail.

Ireyne Tyrell née Oakheart - Varn's dear wife. She is politically saavy and knows the way of "the court".

Rody Tyrell - Varn and Ireyne's only son. Died as an infant.

Maester Hamill Tyrell - Hollis and Varn's younger brother. Was always a quite boy. Went to Old Town to become a maester at a young age. Now, at the age of 49, he is one of the most respected maesters at The Citadel. He will often visit his family at Highgarden, but he hasn't in quite some time.

- - - - -

I think I got everything.

[QUOTE="Ser Davos Seaworth]well that's going to take a long time. I have no idea where to start with them in all honesty.

[/QUOTE]
My advice would to be just start with their names. You don't have to flesh 'em out straight away. Give them each a name and slowly have their character shine through as you play as Torvin. If that makes sense.

TheFordee14 said:
http://i.imgur.com/oTDxYCN.png
M'kay.

Hollis Tyrell - Ruled The Reach for almost 40 years. Had four children by his first wife, Sibylla Peake- and two more children with his second wife, Brynn Caswell. Was a very loved man, but, oft seen as oafish. Died of a stroke on his way back to Highgarden from King's Landing.

Sibylla Tyrell née Peake - Hollis' first wife. A strong and independent woman who was respected across The Reach. She died of an illness.

Arren Tyrell - Hollis and Sibylla's first child, and heir. A sickly boy who grew into a sickly man. Is very passive and seen as a "voice of reason" at Highgarden. Assumed the role as lord once his father passed away.

Ser Emery Tyrell - A year younger than Arren. Ser Emery has always been what Arren could never be. He is courageous and a fighter at heart. He was a skilled swordsman back in his youth, but he has lost some of his edge as he nears his forties. He is married to Vianne Crane and has multiple children with her. He is currently away in The Summer Isles with his own garrison on a mission he shared almost nothing about...

Vianne Tyrell née Crane - A fragile woman who was made marry Ser Emery Tyrell. She didn't like him at first, but they grew fond of each other as time passed on. She has multiple sons and daughters by him- and loves these children very dearly. She currently resides at Red Lake.

Eveleen Rowan née Tyrell - A strong woman, like her mother. She knows how to play the part of a lady of Westeros- however, she will not back down when threatened. She would do anything for her children and tries to protect them, fiercely. She has a very strong relationship with her half-sister, Filicity. She despises her husband, Ser Erik Rowan.

Ser Erik Rowan - A renown knight who is lord of House Rowan. Had a first wife, named Katleen. He saw her as his true love up until she passed away. He then married Eveleen Tyrell and had four children with her. Their relationship is far from decent. A part of Ser Erik loves Eveleen, but he will never love her as much as his first love.

Luthor Rowan - A promising warrior of 17 on the verge of being classed as a man grown. Very serious and studious.

Erik [JR] Rowan - A handsome young man of 16. Is very charismatic and friendly. He is above average with a sword, however he isn't as good as his elder brother. He loves his mother, Eveleen, and his sisters dearly.

Hallie Rowan - A young girl of 11, full of life. She is expected to turn into a very beautiful woman once she comes of age. She always has a smile on her face.

Katleen Rowan - An even younger girl of 7. Katleen is named after Ser Erik's first wife. She is very playful and curious. Though she oft has her 'moods' where she refuses to do what she is asked to do by her mother and her carers.

Sef Tyrell - Hollis and Sibylla's youngest and final child together. He is quiet and diplomatic. He and his sister, Eveleen, share a very close connection. He will do anything to make sure nothing comes to harm his family as a whole. Sef was often teased by his elder brothers when he was younger.

Brynn Tyrell née Caswell - Hollis' second wife. She was vastly younger than him when they married. She is a small and shy young woman who bore Hollis two children- a girl and a boy. She and her daughter-in-law Eveleen are the best of friends.

Filicity Tyrell - Youngest daughter to Hollis Tyrell. She is rebellious and adventurous. She will never back down, quite like her half-sister Eveleen. Filicity did everything she could to deny her father and mother. However she now regrets this as he has passed away. She may not admit it, but she cares deeply for House Tyrell and The Reach in general.

Darrin Tyrell - Filicity's younger brother, a boy of 16. He is a joker and enjoys making everyone around him laugh. He is obsessed with females and will go out of his way to make a good first impression. He is an adequate fighter, however he has decided to stay at Highgarden for the coming storm. He and Filicity have a love/hate relationship and will oft tease one another. Darrin considers Adair Fossoway his closest friend, in-fact they made themselves "blood brothers" when they were young.

Varn Tyrell - Hollis' brother. The two had a great relationship in their youths. Married Ireyne Oakheart and had a son with her, Rody. Rody, however, passed away at a young age. Varn and Ireyne have tried again and again- but to no avail.

Ireyne Tyrell née Oakheart - Varn's dear wife. She is politically saavy and knows the way of "the court".

Rody Tyrell - Varn and Ireyne's only son. Died as an infant.

Maester Hamill Tyrell - Hollis and Varn's younger brother. Was always a quite boy. Went to Old Town to become a maester at a young age. Now, at the age of 49, he is one of the most respected maesters at The Citadel. He will often visit his family at Highgarden, but he hasn't in quite some time.

- - - - -

I think I got everything.

Technically Erik and Kathleen never married. They were betrothed (and some said consummated their relationship pre marital wise), similar to Robert. We can change it so that they were married though, because that would rip off Bobby B less xD .

WanderingJester said:
Technically Erik and Kathleen never married. They were betrothed (and some said consummated their relationship pre marital wise), similar to Robert. We can change it so that they were married though, because that would rip off Bobby B less xD .
Oh, sorry 'bout that. Nah I will just take out the part where he married her!

TheFordee14 said:
Oh, sorry 'bout that. Nah I will just take out the part where he married her!
Lol, I actually like the addition tbh. Less rip off of the canon that way. We can stick to married (would make for why Erik got even more depressed after her death and turned to drink and stuff :P )

@TheAncientCenturion I had a dream last night in which you and I used red hot tipped pitchforks and some sort of gun to hunt down ghosts. The climax was when we got attacked by the ghost of young Hillary Clinton. It was actually kind of an alarming situation given the fact that no one wanted to be possessed by a young Hillary Clinton. Do with this information as you will :P

WanderingJester said:
@TheAncientCenturion I had a dream last night in which you and I used red hot tipped pitchforks and some sort of gun to hunt down ghosts. The climax was when we got attacked by the ghost of young Hillary Clinton. It was actually kind of an alarming situation given the fact that no one wanted to be possessed by a young Hillary Clinton. Do with this information as you will :P
Oh...

WanderingJester said:
Then Berni sanders RKOed the ghost of Hillary clinton outta nowhere and delivered an hour long speech about how corporate america is basically a pile of shit and how education should be free for all individuals !!!

All this while bill clinton was busy getting blown by monica in the oval office .....

TheGreyEminence said:
Then Berni sanders RKOed the ghost of Hillary clinton outta nowhere and delivered an hour long speech about how corporate america is basically a pile of shit and how education should be free for all individuals !!!
All this while bill clinton was busy getting blown by monica in the oval office .....
... No that's not what happened in the dream. Sorry.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back