• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Lancelot said:
Think it may just be my impatience but Civ games always seem really boring to me. I much prefer total war and Paradox games over them. Not saying they are bad of course, I really enjoy Civ 5 but it always feels not much is going on.
I love the pace. Actually, I honestly wish it was slower.

Lancelot said:
Napoleon is turning in his grave
Fredrick the Great's where it's at :P

TheAncientCenturion said:
I am not losing to the French! But I have the vassalage mod activated, and Napoleon has the Celts and Zulu's as his creatures. . .
Look. It's hard.
Do not disgrace Caesar and the Empire, Tribute.

I love the pace. Actually, I honestly wish it was slower.
You should play Supreme Commander than. Hard to find an RTS slower than that :P

Europa Universalis 4, Extended Timeline mod, start as a one-minor province in the Fall of Rome date, and work towards conquering the map.

It doesn't get much slower, or harder than that. :D

WanderingJester said:
Fredrick the Great's where it's at :P
Do not disgrace Caesar and the Empire, Tribute.

You should play Supreme Commander than. Hard to find an RTS slower than that :P
But where else can I be Augustus Caesar?

Are you keepin' up with the new Civ 6 information? Fredrick Barbosa of the HRE(?) is the new German leader. Cleo for Egypt, Teddy for USA, Vicky for UK, and some Asian people for Civ's I'll never play.

...As long as Roma is not Constantine, I'll be happy with whatever Imperator they choose.

But where else can I be Augustus Caesar?
Are you keepin' up with the new Civ 6 information? Fredrick Barbosa of the HRE(?) is the new German leader. Cleo for Egypt, Teddy for USA, Vicky for UK, and some Asian people for Civ's I'll never play.

...As long as Roma is not Constantine, I'll be happy with whatever Imperator they choose.
Actually I haven't really kept up with the news (despite briefly meeting the guy who co-wrote for Civ 5 and Beyond Earth) I'm more of a total war guy myself. Though also on other RTS as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
Europa Universalis 4, Extended Timeline mod, start as a one-minor province in the Fall of Rome date, and work towards conquering the map.
Or you could just play Byzantium, or even Albania.

WanderingJester said:
Waiting on the day when I log on to steam and Total War Warhammer's 20 bucks, and it's less about me wanting the lowest price possible and more of the fact that they cut the Chaos faction and will be selling it back to me as a DLC. Never tried Mount and Blade tbh, though I've heard very good things about it. Got quite the backlog of games waiting for me at the moment to justify just buying it if it's not like 5 bucks or something *shrug*
Mount and Blade Warband is the multiplayer version and its like $15 or something I think.

Also, Crusader King II with the Game of Thrones mod anybody? So much entertainment.

Leusis said:
Mount and Blade Warband is the multiplayer version and its like $15 or something I think.
Also, Crusader King II with the Game of Thrones mod anybody? So much entertainment.
Good to know. Still, too big of a backlog atm. If anyone's still playing that later in time, I might put it on my wishlist.

I was really tempted to get CK II with the GoT mod back during Summer Sale tbh. However the reviews for CKII scared me off :P

WanderingJester said:
Good to know. Still, too big of a backlog atm. If anyone's still playing that later in time, I might put it on my wishlist.
I was really tempted to get CK II with the GoT mod back during Summer Sale tbh. However the reviews for CKII scared me off :P
CKII is meh on its own, but there are like 3 or 4 mods that are just amazing for it, especially if you get a group of friends together to play it. One time I was playing the Harlaws, Robert's Rebellion failed, I was able to marry my daughter to the Greyjoy lord and by joining the Targs I forced the Iron Islands to help as a whole. This made Tywin declare for the Targs. My characters son who has just became lord and was 20 was declared a traitor (somebody in his court was being a fuck boy and told him I was a bad egg) and put in prison by the mad king. I demanded trial by combat and Arthur Dayne was declared the kings champion. Rodrik Harlaw (my current lord) used the pommel of his sword (yes, the fucking pommel, Rodrik has a duel skill of 24 in the game while Arthur had a 20, old Barry has a 19 if that tells you how ridiculous my character was in combat) to deflect Arthur's blade and put his sword through his throat in one clean move and left Kings Landing the next day only to return to the Iron Islands and conquer them in two months.

The stats on this lord were incredible and since its mostly random and somewhat based on genetics how your lord turns out, I almost shit my self. Dude had a duel skill of 12 when he was 10.

Leusis said:
CKII is meh on its own, but there are like 3 or 4 mods that are just amazing for it, especially if you get a group of friends together to play it. One time I was playing the Harlaws, Robert's Rebellion failed, I was able to marry my daughter to the Greyjoy lord and by joining the Targs I forced the Iron Islands to help as a whole. This made Tywin declare for the Targs. My characters son who has just became lord and was 20 was declared a traitor (somebody in his court was being a fuck boy and told him I was a bad egg) and put in prison by the mad king. I demanded trial by combat and Arthur Dayne was declared the kings champion. Rodrik Harlaw (my current lord) used the pommel of his sword (yes, the fucking pommel, Rodrik has a duel skill of 24 in the game while Arthur had a 20, old Barry has a 19 if that tells you how ridiculous my character was in combat) to deflect Arthur's blade and put his sword through his throat in one clean move and left Kings Landing the next day only to return to the Iron Islands and conquer them in two months.
The stats on this lord were incredible and since its mostly random and somewhat based on genetics how your lord turns out, I almost shit my self. Dude had a duel skill of 12 when he was 10.
Lol, that sounds really crazy xD

...Wait a minute. Are you saying Roland's actually a Harlaw and he's better than Arthur Dayne??? O_o

WanderingJester said:
Lol, that sounds really crazy xD
...Wait a minute. Are you saying Roland's actually a Harlaw and he's better than Arthur Dayne??? O_o
Plot twist, Roland is secretly what he hates most in the world.

Leusis said:
Plot twist, Roland is secretly what he hates most in the world.
Will he be Siegfried's new champion? Will he kill Siegfried for the Lord of House Harlaw? Find out next time on A Song of Ice and Fire RP!!!

Just wonderin',

When I was absent from the role play- was it publicly revealed who asassinated Maeryn? Or is that still all just speculation?

TheFordee14 said:
Just wonderin',
When I was absent from the role play- was it publicly revealed who asassinated Maeryn? Or is that still all just speculation?
No, no reveal. No one knows still what went down in the Red Keep and everything. I'm actually not sure if it mattered after everyone decided to try and raise armies to kill one another :|

Archon said:
I don't know much about warfare and combat, aside from the fact that I'm a history fanatic and adore the subjects so I've just pickd up some bits and pieces. Honestly, it wouldn't be a chore for me to "research" in order to properly apply knowledge to roleplay in order to stay true to character.
I'd enjoy every second of it, the only reason I haven't done so yet is because playing Total War: Warhammer and Mount and Blade: Warband, is a considerably more fun pass-time
Mount and Blade : A clash of kings mod ... sarted a playthrough as benjicott tully yesterderday , didn't turn out very well , I was sent to the wall on day 22 .

TheGreyEminence said:
Mount and Blade : A clash of kings mod ... sarted a playthrough as benjicott tully yesterderday , didn't turn out very well , I was sent to the wall on day 22 .
That reminds me. Time for a Corbis playthrough

WanderingJester said:
Waiting on the day when I log on to steam and Total War Warhammer's 20 bucks, and it's less about me wanting the lowest price possible and more of the fact that they cut the Chaos faction and will be selling it back to me as a DLC. Never tried Mount and Blade tbh, though I've heard very good things about it. Got quite the backlog of games waiting for me at the moment to justify just buying it if it's not like 5 bucks or something *shrug*
You could always torrent it ... altough there is the multiplayer problem ...

Archon said:
Ck2 : start as a single county Indian character and then take over the british isles ... or play as granada in eu4 .

TheGreyEminence said:
I have yet to do a Roland Wilds playthrough

TheGreyEminence said:
Ck2 : start as a single county Indian character and then take over the british isles ... or play as granada in eu4 .
I'll just buy us all ck2 and we can make our characters and play out the whole rp :D

Leusis said:
I'm currently playing as a descendant of House Reyne. I also have submods and I've just established the Kingdom of the Red Lion. Year is 8371 and I'm at my 6 ruler. lol

Red said:
I'm currently playing as a descendant of House Reyne. I also have submods and I've just established the Kingdom of the Red Lion. Year is 8371 and I'm at my 6 ruler. lol
I just play as Stannis and Euron lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back