• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

WanderingJester said:
Expect to lose a limb on the way. Old fucker's still one of the better fighters of the RP, counting his V-Steel greatsword. I mean Roland will win probably, just might lose more than a finger or two.
Probably not the "first battle" but yeah, early stages of the war.
Roland won't lose anything if he halfswords him in the back of the head while hes not looking, this is war after all, not a duel. Then Roland will have a greatsword of his very own :D

I expect quite a few named characters to be dead by the end of the first battle, maybe not half, but a lot. I'm pretty sure this first engagement will be the largest battle of the rp.

Leusis said:
Roland won't lose anything if he halfswords him in the back of the head while hes not looking, this is war after all, not a duel. Then Roland will have a greatsword of his very own :D
I expect quite a few named characters to be dead by the end of the first battle, maybe not half, but a lot. I'm pretty sure this first engagement will be the largest battle of the rp.
True, though to be fair the same could be said about Roland getting run through by said Heartsbane from behind then xD

Yeah, I can understand that. I wonder if things will happen somewhat similar to what I've got going on in my head, but then again, the Lannisters can just bulldoze their way across Reach given the fact that Highgarden seems to be in the dead of winter atm (with the exception of @TheFordee14 and myself :P )

WanderingJester said:
True, though to be fair the same could be said about Roland getting run through by said Heartsbane from behind then xD
Yeah, I can understand that. I wonder if things will happen somewhat similar to what I've got going on in my head, but then again, the Lannisters can just bulldoze their way across Reach given the fact that Highgarden seems to be in the dead of winter atm (with the exception of @TheFordee14 and myself :P )
Well if Roland meets Helyon on the battlefield he'll likely wish he wasn't wearing armor since all its good for when fighting somebody with v-steel is slowing you down. But either way I seriously doubt they'll meet in battle, Helyon seems like the kind of man to lead from the rear regardless of how good he is at fighting.

Leusis said:
Well if Roland meets Helyon on the battlefield he'll likely wish he wasn't wearing armor since all its good for when fighting somebody with v-steel is slowing you down. But either way I seriously doubt they'll meet in battle, Helyon seems like the kind of man to lead from the rear regardless of how good he is at fighting.
Good thing Cayden is rarely concerned with armor, so V-Steel just means don't black with the shaft

And i promised Fordee I'd kill one, he made me swear :P

Akio said:
Good thing Cayden is rarely concerned with armor, so V-Steel just means don't black with the shaft
Well he wont be able to kill then if he dies first, will he?

Hypnos said:
Well he wont be able to kill then if he dies first, will he?
He's unlikely to die quite yet, never even said he would kill him in the first battle since I'm fairly sure Cayden won't even be in the very first battle though he'll be involved in the early stages in some ways I won't share quite yet

But if he dies he dies, what else can I say about it :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Completely avoiding his lightsaber coming into contact with the shaft of your spear is going to be insanely hard if you plan on attacking or blocking at all.

Akio said:
He's unlikely to die quite yet, never even said he would kill him in the first battle since I'm fairly sure Cayden won't even be in the very first battle though he'll be involved in the early stages in some ways I won't share quite yet
You're discounting the chances of him dying in a jousting accident, a very common occurrence in Westeros. Who says he'll live long enough into his first battle in the war to get anywhere near the Rowan boy, I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind having a go at the Dornishman?

Akio said:
Well you can't really say anybody is unlikely to die, because every character here is likely to die. Shit, Roland could get stabbed to death by Kylie once he finally gets her alone because it turns out shes a psycho who likes killing people. Shit happens, you just gotta expect your character to be killed after every post.

Leusis said:
Completely avoiding his lightsaber coming into contact with the shaft of your spear is going to be insanely hard if you plan on attacking or blocking at all.
Yup, never said it wouldn't. Fighting V-STEEL will always be tough especially in the hands of someone who's good

Hypnos said:
You're discounting the chances of him dying in a jousting accident, a very common occurrence in Westeros. Who says he'll live long enough into his first battle in the war to get anywhere near the Rowan boy, I'm sure there are plenty that wouldn't mind having a go at the Dornishman?
He won't be in the first battle, Tiber doesn't want help for it.

As for a jousting accident, eh it's unlikely but who knows

Leusis said:
Well you can't really say anybody is unlikely to die, because every character here is likely to die. Shit, Roland could get stabbed to death by Kylie once he finally gets her alone because it turns out shes a psycho who likes killing people. Shit happens, you just gotta expect your character to be killed after every post.
But that ruins the surprise :P

Akio said:
Yup, never said it wouldn't. Fighting V-STEEL will always be tough especially in the hands of someone who's good
He won't be in the first battle, Tiber doesn't want help for it.

As for a jousting accident, eh it's unlikely but who knows

But that ruins the surprise :P
"Who says he'll live long enough into his first battle in the war to get anywhere near the Rowan boy,"

Hypnos said:
"Who says he'll live long enough into his first battle in the war to get anywhere near the Rowan boy,"
Perhaps it's not a battle he runs into him during, who knows

Akio said:
Perhaps it's not a battle he runs into him during, who knows
Cayden plans to assassinate two young buys who he's never met that are somehow slightly related to an enemy that isn't actually his enemy? Cayden is a terrible person.

Hypnos said:
Cayden plans to assassinate two young buys who he's never met that are somehow slightly related to an enemy that isn't actually his enemy? Cayden is a terrible person.
also an idiot.

Hypnos said:
Planning to assassinate them in specific, no. Will they possibly get mixed up in a plan of his? Possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akio said:
Planning to assassinate them in specific, no. Will they possibly get mixed up in a plan of his? Possibly.
Good, knowing Cayden any plan he has though out will probably be ill conceived and fall apart within a few minutes.

Hypnos said:
Good, knowing Cayden any plan he has though out will probably be ill conceived and fall apart within a few minutes.
lol We'll see. He's an fairly average negotiator maybe even worse then average as we seen but war and things related to it are things he knows

Akio said:
lol We'll see. He's an fairly average negotiator maybe even worse then average as we seen but war and things related to it are things he knows
A writer needs to know about war to have a character know about war..... So really his ability to doing anything on a battlefield entirely hinges on your knowledge of warfare.

Leusis said:
A writer needs to know about war to have a character know about war..... So really his ability to doing anything on a battlefield entirely hinges on your knowledge of warfare.
Or, you know, some time on your hands, the willingness to read a bit and google :P

Leusis said:
This is why I play as characters not acquainted with war, or combat. Varic being an exception- but he probably won't be able to use a sword after what I put him through.

WanderingJester said:
Or, you know, some time on your hands, the willingness to read a bit and google :P
You can google all you want, but I bet those couple of hours of research wouldn't compare to years of it :P

TheFordee14 said:
This is why I play as characters not acquainted with war, or combat. Varic being an exception- but he probably won't be able to use a sword after what I put him through.
Ehh knights and vikings are really high up on my list of favourites so it sort of evens out when I have no idea what I'm doing.

Leusis said:
By that logic Roland is the most skilled general of all time and we should give him all our troops right?

Leusis said:
You can google all you want, but I bet those couple of hours of research wouldn't compare to years of it :P
It'll help. I mean yeah, you won't be able to pull up the same applications to real life examples as if you've been studying the subject for years, but I mean, a British Sergeant pretty much summed up Sun Tzu's Art of War in a single sentence lol:

"The key to war lads, is to hit the other guy as hard as you can, as quick as you can, where he doesn't expect you to, where it would hurt the most, cause the most damage and where he can't hit you back before you get your guards back up."

Akio said:
By that logic Roland is the most skilled general of all time and we should give him all our troops right?
I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he means to show that a character is a skilled general you would need the knowledge to actually write him as a skilled general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back